Prince Andrew's titles & patronages revoked.

Page 1 of 6 [ 87 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2022, 2:46 pm

Prince Andrew, the Duke of York, has had his military titles and royal patronages revoked just one day after his attempt to have a lawsuit dismissed from alleged Jeffrey Epstein victim Virginia Giuffre was denied.

Buckingham Palace announced Thursday that Andrew's titles and patronages have been returned to his mother, Queen Elizabeth II.

Andrew's honorary military titles included Colonel of the Grenadier Guards, one of the oldest regiments in the British Army; Honorary air commodore of RAF Lossiemouth; Colonel-in-chief of the Royal Irish Regiment; Colonel-in-chief of the Small Arms School Corps; Commodore-in-Chief of the Fleet Air Arm; Royal colonel of the Royal Highland Fusiliers; Deputy colonel-in-chief of The Royal Lancers; and Royal Colonel of the Royal Regiment of Scotland.

Source:
 Queen Elizabeth revokes Prince Andrew's military titles, royal patronages 

Doberdoofus
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2022, 3:16 pm

Don't be so eager to be offended. The narcissism of small differences leads to the most boring kind of conformity.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2022, 5:16 pm

Prince Andrew got just what he deserved.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2022, 5:26 pm

Bad Andy!

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2022, 5:37 pm

CockneyRebel wrote:
Prince Andrew got just what he deserved.
Now yet.  Wait for it . . .

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2022, 5:41 pm

After mexit, we now have Axit.

Perhaps the old boy can use his millions (he's still loaded) and find a nice mansion in the Hollywood hills next door to his nephew?

Raised By Wolves
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

13 Jan 2022, 6:28 pm

cyberdad wrote:

Perhaps the old boy can use his millions (he's still loaded) and find a nice mansion in the Hollywood hills next door to his nephew?

you mean for when he gets out?

theprisoner
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2022, 6:39 pm

I always thought he was above the law. Untouchable.

AQ: 27 Diagnosis:High functioning (just on the cusp of normal.) IQ:131 (somewhat inflated result but ego-flattering) DNA:XY Location: UK. Eyes: Blue. Hair: Brown. Height:6'1 Celebrity I most resemble: Tom hardy. Favorite Band: The Doors. Personality: uhhm ....(what can i say...we asd people are strange)

Matrix Glitch
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2022, 7:14 pm

cyberdad wrote:

He's probably looking for a house in a country that has no extradition treaty with the UK or US.

DW_a_mom
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2022, 7:46 pm

cyberdad wrote:

I'd venture a guess that watching his Uncle become a true scumbag is one of the reasons Prince Harry saw no good future continuing to live in England as a royal. Being the spare is a meaningless existence, and at least Prince Harry is finding some work to do where he hopefully feels he has meaning. I don't know if he would have acted on the desire to separate if he hadn't also felt the need to protect his wife from the press, but it surely was part of his building frustration with the life he was given.

H & M don't live in or even near the Hollywood Hills, by the way. They've settled a few hours further north.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2022, 7:59 pm

There's a high chance he'll evade an Epstein type trial because he's too close to the British Royal family. Something called royal privilege. Something similar to the royal houses in Malaysia or Brunei where the children of the sultan are exempt from being charged for speeding, alcohol, fornication and even murder. Something like diplomatic immunity (although not quite the same) where they are not subject to prosecution.

The British royals are an institution with global impact so Andrew may be tried but will wriggle out of any charges.

I thought he might choose to live close to his nephew as he got along very well with Megan and Harry prior to the allegations surfacing.

DW_a_mom
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2022, 9:48 pm

cyberdad wrote:
I thought he might choose to live close to his nephew as he got along very well with Megan and Harry prior to the allegations surfacing.

I'm sure there is a lot they can commiserate on based on their sharing birth order positions, but Andrew will never be embraced in the US now. While people usually still love their crazy/twisted uncles, they can't create a life for them. If Andrew gets out of this (not suggesting he will or should), he needs to fade into the countryside and try to enjoy being a grandfather. Nothing more.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2022, 10:18 pm

off with his heads

theprisoner
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2022, 10:25 pm

I see what you did there....

AQ: 27 Diagnosis:High functioning (just on the cusp of normal.) IQ:131 (somewhat inflated result but ego-flattering) DNA:XY Location: UK. Eyes: Blue. Hair: Brown. Height:6'1 Celebrity I most resemble: Tom hardy. Favorite Band: The Doors. Personality: uhhm ....(what can i say...we asd people are strange)

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2022, 11:40 pm

IsabellaLinton wrote:
off with his heads

:lol:

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2022, 11:42 pm

DW_a_mom wrote:
cyberdad wrote:

I'm sure there is a lot they can commiserate on based on their sharing birth order positions, but Andrew will never be embraced in the US now. While people usually still love their crazy/twisted uncles, they can't create a life for them. If Andrew gets out of this (not suggesting he will or should), he needs to fade into the countryside and try to enjoy being a grandfather. Nothing more.

Yes the queen loves her grandkids Eugenie and Beatrice so for their sake and because (not sure if its widely known) that Andrew was both Phillip's and the queen's favourite son he'll avoid the guillotine Isabella was referring to.