Page 1 of 3 [ 42 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2022, 11:42 pm

Okay, so, this guy is not everyone's proverbial cup of tea. But, it is useful to study the guy if you wish to genuinely be able to counter his talking points.

The best thing about Joe Rogan, for me, is that, he has a real ongoing dialogue in his interviews, unlike mainstream media clips which, unless specifically live broadcast, are just cobbled together footage, edits, re-edits and clippings all put together to form a final polished piece. But when doing this, you lose the real narrative, the unsaid words, the lack of clarity in a persons mind that makes you yourself a viewer question what is being said.

The key to mainstream media hypnosis is making what is said seem irrefutable and too smooth to be questioned, essentially. If there are no glitches, it all seems very professional & gullible people simply buy into what is being said without questioning everything that is being said. Professional doesn't equal truth. Professional lying is a thing.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2022, 11:55 pm

But he's hot af

*adds him to my list

txfz1
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2022, 12:00 am

I like his interviewing skills, his shows have some interesting guests.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2022, 12:03 am

He could interview me for hours 8)

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2022, 12:12 am

IsabellaLinton wrote:

Haha.

You seem very intelligent/knowledgeable & well read. If you could translate that into verbal speech you would actually be rather formidable.

theprisoner
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2022, 12:14 am

Yeah, he's good. I've listened to a bunch of his podcasts in years past. Occasionally.

AQ: 27 Diagnosis:High functioning (just on the cusp of normal.) IQ:131 (somewhat inflated result but ego-flattering) DNA:XY Location: UK. Eyes: Blue. Hair: Brown. Height:6'1 Celebrity I most resemble: Tom hardy. Favorite Band: The Doors. Personality: uhhm ....(what can i say...we asd people are strange)

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2022, 12:22 am

theprisoner wrote:
Yeah, he's good. I've listened to a bunch of his podcasts in years past. Occasionally.

Me too. :)

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2022, 12:26 am

blitzkrieg wrote:
IsabellaLinton wrote:

Haha.

You seem very intelligent/knowledgeable & well read. If you could translate that into verbal speech you would actually be rather formidable.

I'm not American and I don't follow any of the politics so I'm not weighing in on that, although I love the way he expresses himself. I love his eye contact, his manner, his breadth of knowledge, and the way he calls BS on ... BS.

I'm pretty sure he could get me to speak quite a bit. Perhaps it would be in a foreign tongue, though. :wink:

*Yes I've been quarantined too long

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2022, 1:09 am

IsabellaLinton wrote:
blitzkrieg wrote:
IsabellaLinton wrote:

Haha.

I'm not American and I don't follow any of the politics so I'm not weighing in on that, although I love the way he expresses himself. I love his eye contact, his manner, his breadth of knowledge, and the way he calls BS on ... BS.

I'm pretty sure he could get me to speak quite a bit. Perhaps it would be in a foreign tongue, though. :wink:

*Yes I've been quarantined too long

Oh, okay.

Ahh, yes. I often bridge between the NT world & the Autistic world really, I can be very detached emotionally, but when I put my foot down on the proverbial pedal of emotions, I feel like a formula one race car. There isn't anything really in between those two modes.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2022, 1:18 am

I'm set in my values as well. As you may have noticed I don't waver very much in anything that I believe or feel, and I can be quite dogged in defending my POV. That's not to say I follow American politics though - apart from my fundamental beliefs which are "live and let live" / "love and let love". All the rest is chicken scratch imo.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2022, 1:21 am

JR is very entertaining and has some interesting guests whom share interesting personal stories.

Beyond that I wouldn't take medical advice from him though.

theprisoner
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2022, 1:25 am

I'm going tosay something that may shock people.I like Alex Jones. As a journalist and as a human being. I wouldn't mind going out with somebody like Alex Jones. ALex Jones is HOT! I find Alex Jones Sexually attractive. Yes, I would like to tongue kiss Alex Jones. Alex Jones could interview me for hours! That's ONE SHOW I would definitely like to enter and get up close and personal !

AQ: 27 Diagnosis:High functioning (just on the cusp of normal.) IQ:131 (somewhat inflated result but ego-flattering) DNA:XY Location: UK. Eyes: Blue. Hair: Brown. Height:6'1 Celebrity I most resemble: Tom hardy. Favorite Band: The Doors. Personality: uhhm ....(what can i say...we asd people are strange)

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2022, 1:30 am

IsabellaLinton wrote:
I'm set in my values as well. As you may have noticed I don't waver very much in anything that I believe or feel, and I can be quite dogged in defending my POV. That's not to say I follow American politics though - apart from my fundamental beliefs which are "live and let live" / "love and let love". All the rest is chicken scratch imo.

I am the same as you, in this respect.

I don't follow American politics much either, but I do check it out occasionally.

HighLlama
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2022, 1:39 am

txfz1 wrote:
I like his interviewing skills, his shows have some interesting guests.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2022, 1:44 am

Be still my beating heart!
Merci, Higgghhhhhhllamaaaaaa :heart:

HighLlama
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2022, 1:47 am

^ I knew you needed some Rogan on Rogan action.