Woman in China forced to lock down at house of blind date

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2022, 1:25 am

I thought this belonged in the dating thread.
in China who went to her blind date’s house for dinner, then found herself caught in a lockdown.
Earlier this month, a 30-year-old woman identified as Ms Wang, headed to her blind date’s house after he promised to show off his cooking skills and make her dinner.

“I’m getting old now. My family introduced me to 10 matches,” she said in her original video, posted to Weibo (a Chinese social media platform) and since removed. “The fifth date wanted to show off his cooking skills and invited me over to his house for dinner.”

When you factor in that it’s pretty normal in China for parents to find a partner for their kids – nothing too unusual so far, right?

Dinner came and went, but when Wang tried to leave her date’s house, she discovered that the Zhengzhou city neighbourhood they were in had gone into an immediate snap lockdown – leaving her stuck with a relative stranger and with no idea how long it would last for.

And we think Australian lockdowns are bad.Lockdowns force a lot of couples into making quick decisions about whether to move in together or not – but nothing kills a budding romance faster than being stuck with them 24/7.

So it’s not surprising that love doesn’t seemed to have blossomed between the pair.

The dude is a computer nerd who at least cooks for the trapped chickadee

The woman seems like an instagram babe

Summer_Twilight
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2022, 12:24 pm

That's both tragic and hilarious at the same time but I guess it allowed them both to test the waters to see if they were right for each other. :lol:

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2022, 7:57 pm

I think judging from the story they weren't a match.

Thankfully the guy shared his food and gave her a place to sleep. It must have been somewhat invasive for him wanting to play his video games in peace knowing she was behind him taking selfies for instagram of his home. I wonder if she helped out in cleaning the place? I hope his bathroom was clean :lol: