blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2022, 7:41 am

SharonB
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2022, 3:00 pm

I got through 1:50 and then had to stop. Sad when humans are abusive or helpless. I get that limited natural resources makes for competition, but there can still be compassion and intelligence applied. On a light note: I figure the menstruating women in that hut were glad to be away from their daily chores and gender expectations. :wink:

Aspinator
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2022, 3:20 pm

One other fact I didn't see mentioned was that female babies were killed in China. Because they didn't have anything like social security the parents lived with their sons. Female babies were viewed as worthless because they couldn't provide for their parents when their parents became older; hence they were killed.

SharonB
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2022, 7:33 pm

When I was young, my mom talked about the sexual harassment/assault and gender pay discrimination she faced at work (technology professional) - she quit the workforce. I didn't quite "get" it. Now 40 years later... I get it. From my perspective (technology professional), the sexual harassment (physical) is less, but the gender harassment (emotional) is more and the gender pay discrimination is less, but unfortunately still a significant negative force. Women are paid less, drop out of the workforce sooner or more often due to discrimination (PTSD) and yet live longer ----so for the increasing number of us who are sole or primary breadwinners, we are guaranteed to face a multiple of greater financial insecurity than our male peers. Was that in the video? As I mentioned, I didn't get that far. Discouraging, but at least there's been some progress. I wasn't left under a tree as a baby. Did the video have any suggestions or encouraging views? :twisted:

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2022, 11:28 pm

Quote:
One other fact I didn't see mentioned was that female babies were killed in China.

China have historically treated ther own biological women horrifically, with great inequality between the two sexes of Chinese folk (I am not clear on the state of how LGBTQ+ folk are treated).

The vast majority of the Chinese people have their gender identity matched to their bodies (probably not out of choice, either, but rather societal pressure/coercion) & that obviously places biological women at a disadvantage, because China is a full on patriarchy, with a sadistic intertwining of a communist state plus economic capitalism.

I cannot think of any worser place.