Mom arrested for faking autistic sons death

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2022, 10:48 am

WKRN

Quote:
An arrest warrant says Vanessa Blanchard, 39, is the mother of a 12-year-old child with autism who is a student at New Providence Middle School.

A School Resource Officer contacted Blanchard on October 29, asking why her son had not been attending school. Blanchard reportedly told the SRO her son died from a seizure two days earlier.

The school then raised money and tried to help Blanchard pay for her son’s funeral at Sykes Funeral Home. However, when the school contacted the funeral home, they were told no funeral arrangements for Blanchard’s child had been made.

The school then contacted Blanchard and she told them her son was awaiting an autopsy at Tennova Hospital.

On November 16, her son’s school-issued laptop was found to be active at the Vacation Motor Motel.

Deputies with the Montgomery County Sheriff’s Office responded to the motel where they found Blanchard’s son alive and by himself in the room.

Blanchard has since been charged with contributing to the delinquency of a child and false impression of death.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2022, 1:05 am

I don't know if I should laugh or cry.