My stomach has become numb

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

lvpin
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2022, 2:42 pm

So I've posted on here before about my struggles with binging and today I found myself doing so just to feel something and it didn't work. I've overate/binged multiple times this past month and have felt NOTHING. It is frustrating. Before I'd feel nauseous or in pain or something but now I don't feel anything. I can't even tell when I'm hungry anymore, something complicated by the fact that I deal with GERD. I don't even like food that much anymore. It stresses me out. I wish I could never eat again because I can't even get any feeling from binge eating.

I don't know what I should do. I'm so disgusting and can't even feel anything anymore. I feel doomed.

hurtloam
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2022, 3:01 pm

I have a tendency to overeat when I'm not feeling well. I just snack all day.

I've started recording what I'm eating on an app called Lifesum, but other apps are available.

It's made me more aware of what I'm eating and makes me stop and think, "am I really hungry or do I just want to eat?"

_cora_
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

15 Jan 2022, 5:33 pm

I don't really think this will be that helpful, but I figured I'd comment anyway. It's not the same as what you're experiencing but I have stomach issues (stool withholding) And it makes me feel disgusting sometimes. That's the best way to describe it, it feels unpure to even talk to about it. Anything that has to do with both the brain and the stomach will always have a special place in my heart. It may not be the same, but I'm always happy when anyone describes something similar to what I go through.