Page 3 of 3 [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2022, 8:40 am

Soliloquist wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
The Lockerbie bomber is another example of how sleeper cells can not only lie low but integrate seamlessly into the community they live in Scotland and nobody guessed he would be activated one day to kill innocent people (the same type he grew up with).

Simply claiming you stop refugees or migrants with "dubious" backgrounds from entering the border is irrelevant since almost all terrorists in the past were living in the country they launched their attack in.

The Lockerbie bombing was the mid-air bombing
of Pan Am Flight 103 over Lockerbie.
This bombing was attributed to Abdelbaset Ali Mohmed al-Megrahi who was Libyan.

Yes. It didnt happen "in Scotland", but in the sky seven miles above Scotland. The airline was flying from London to New York when it exploded over Scotland, and rained down debris on to the town of Lockerbie. The perpetrators planted a bomb elsewhere and were not in Scotland.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jan 2022, 2:14 pm

British police arrest 2 more men in probe of Texas synagogue hostage-taking incident

Quote:
Counterterrorism officers detained both men in Manchester. The pair "remain in custody for questioning," according to a statement from the Greater Manchester Police.

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jan 2022, 12:38 am

Well, now we know how he got the gun:

https://www.justice.gov/usao-ndtx/pr/ma ... ly-charged

Quote:
According to the complaint, Mr. Williams – a felon previously convicted of aggravated assault with a deadly weapon and attempted possession of a controlled substance – allegedly sold Mr. Akram a semiautomatic Taurus G2C pistol on Jan. 13. Two days later, on Jan. 15, agents recovered the pistol from Colleyville’s Congregation Beth Israel synagogue, where Mr. Akram had held four individuals hostage for several hours before he was fatally shot by federal law enforcement.

As part of its intensive investigation into the hostage taking, the FBI tied Mr. Williams to Mr. Akram through an analysis of Mr. Akram’s cellphone records, which showed the pair exchanged a series of calls from Jan. 11 through Jan. 13.

When agents first interviewed Mr. Williams on Jan. 16, Mr. Williams stated that he recalled meeting a man with a British accent, but that he could not recall the man’s name. (Mr. Akram was a British citizen.) Agents interviewed the defendant again on Jan. 24, after he was arrested on an outstanding state warrant. After viewing a photo of Mr. Akram, Mr. Williams confirmed he sold Mr. Akram the handgun at an intersection in South Dallas. Analysis of both men’s cellphone records showed that the two phones were in close proximity on Jan. 13.

Mr. Williams allegedly admitted to officers that Mr. Akram told him the gun was going to be used for “intimidation” to get money from someone with an outstanding debt.

Three things jump out at me: this guys should never have talked to the feds without a lawyer, since as a felon he couldn't be the original buy of the pistol I'm betting it's stolen, and the phone thing is alarming, not just the call records, but the proximity tracing.