Why may newscasts be of interest / the Autism Spectrum?

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

JustFoundHere
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2022, 5:02 pm

I sense the routine (yet not too rigid) formats of broadcast-news might answer why newscasts may be of interest regarding the Autism Spectrum.

The only mainstream news I routinely view is the NBC Nightly News (SEE LINK). CNN is (esp. CNN International) periodically viewed. The MSNBC newscasts are another common choice.

The commercials, end news stories, and too much of local news gets well....increasingly tuned-out!

I even periodically follow the in-depth PBS news coverage. Yet, most commonly, I get news via 'Google News.'

The propaganda news networks, sources, etc. are out of the question!!

Enclosed is a LINK discussing the theme (best known for the opening theme) for the NBC Nightly News.

LINK: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Mission_(theme_music)

Just how might we view newscasts after reading this discussion thread? It would be interesting to discuss perspectives (esp. newscast formats) .......after today's newscasts!

JustFoundHere
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2022, 4:06 pm

JustFoundHere wrote:
I sense the routine (yet not too rigid) formats of broadcast-news might answer why newscasts may be of interest regarding the Autism Spectrum.

The only mainstream news I routinely view is the NBC Nightly News (SEE LINK). CNN is (esp. CNN International) periodically viewed. The MSNBC newscasts are another common choice.

The commercials, end news stories, and too much of local news gets well....increasingly tuned-out!

I even periodically follow the in-depth PBS news coverage. Yet, most commonly, I get news via 'Google News.'

The propaganda news networks, sources, etc. are out of the question!!

Enclosed is a LINK discussing the theme (best known for the opening theme) for the NBC Nightly News.

LINK: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Mission_(theme_music)

Just how might we view newscasts after reading this discussion thread? It would be interesting to discuss perspectives (esp. newscast formats) .......after today's newscasts!

ADDENDUM: After viewing the 'NBC Nightly News' in greater than usual depth, the first paragraph in the original post "hits the nail on the head!"