Page 2 of 2 [ 27 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

29 Sep 2022, 12:17 am

Sometimes I wonder that, as I can have a hard time letting go of things even if I know it would help my mental health.

thekenoh
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

29 Sep 2022, 12:38 am

I can relate with the tendency to fixate on things that bother me, becoming more pronounced the less I manage to distract myself.

HP Love
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

29 Sep 2022, 8:33 am

I definitely have a LOT of trouble letting things go. It’s something I’d love to hear pointers on, if anyone else has figured out any tricks.

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

29 Sep 2022, 9:11 am

This would probably work , and I write this tongue in cheek , ECT, electroconvulsive shock therapy.
But hate to say this a deep faith in the almighty , and conscious forgiveness. Sometimes has weakened the hold of those memories on me. It’s just harder I think for Aspies to let go of stuff, due to reinforcements of extra neural connections in the brain …imho. Perhaps changing of processing routes through your brain may allow you to focus on forgiving the situation . ( by focusing on forgiveness)? :heart:

where ever you go ,there you are

armandreyes
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

03 Oct 2022, 10:17 am

yes

rse92
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2022, 1:46 pm

There are men on here who grieve for months or years over brief eye contact or an exchanged hello with a woman. So i would say yes.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2022, 2:02 pm

I get frustrated with injustice, or what I think is injustice. I'm like one of those elderly ladies that enjoys going off on a rant about all the injustice in the world and irrationally thinking that doing that will somehow solve it. Maybe it's just that feeling of helplessness.

Also I can't settle when I haven't had an explanation to an issue that upset me. I have to get to the bottom of it, I can't bear to have things left unclosed. It turns into a grudge and I get resentful about it.

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

04 Oct 2022, 11:56 am

HP Love wrote:
I definitely have a LOT of trouble letting things go. It’s something I’d love to hear pointers on, if anyone else has figured out any tricks.

Keep busy

Forgiveness

Distraction

My previous counselor proposed:

A mantra (example:. "here and now")

EEngineer75
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

17 Oct 2022, 10:35 pm

shortfatbalduglyman wrote:
HP Love wrote:

Keep busy

Forgiveness

Distraction

My previous counselor proposed:

A mantra (example:. "here and now")

Discovering an important truth for a difficult situation--eg. what the root cause(s) are; what is fixable vs not; what is due to your or another's choice(s) vs your/their circumstances/abilities/inabilities/personality vs just a difficult situation

Being on the receiving end of an accurate assessment of the situation--and still being given forgiveness

Being willing to see someone's limitation or faults, and either not judging them harshly nor allowing your emotions or "they should..." ideas always decide how you're going to react.

EEngineer75
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

17 Oct 2022, 10:38 pm

Oh, and being prepared for something to go wrong just about every other time I interact with a computer... :shaking2:

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2022, 11:05 pm

I’m still haunted what my sister did to me, that was over 7 years ago, I let it go before, it came back, she was ALOT verbal abuse to me, it was mental too.