Page 1 of 2 [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

ConfusedFresher
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

16 Jan 2022, 10:52 am

Dogs and cats are a sensory nightmare. They bark, they shed and the idea of them touching me is gross to me.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2022, 12:13 pm

I like animals. I get angry that they don't get as much rights as humans. I hate the way testing gets used on animals in labs (unless it is harmless). I think harmful testing should be used on murderers instead. I hate the thought of animals getting slaughtered for meat. They could at least sell our meat without being in the shape of the poor animal minus the head. It reminds me too much of the animal and makes me not want to eat it. And lastly, mouse and rat traps/poison should be made illegal. There are more humane ways to get rid of mice and rats without torturing them to a painful and undignified death, just because humans have to come first all the time. This planet ain't all about humans you know. We've wrecked the planet enough, without putting its beautiful animal creatures second. It's time we stood up to animal rights.

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2022, 12:36 pm

Afraid of dogs

Five separate dogs but me. Three of them in the past year

Humans are animals

Some emotional Extroverts (Myers Briggs personality type) remind me of dogs

They make too much noise

They act like they are so innocent

They have to get their way at all times

They get away with doing anything they want

They act like just because they are not happy, someone must have violated their stupidass "rights"

They are way too emotional

They (dogs and precious lil "people") could and will hurt me physically and emotionally, and there is nothing I can do about it. Physically or legally or in any other way

I just imagine precious lil "people's" bodies with a dog's head on it

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2022, 1:13 pm

have mixed feelings towards animals. Used to just love dogs and cats in recent years people have used their dogs against me even one trained to attack me by a ex con , not sure how he did this.
but was bitten and knocked over a second time into a bush , i was trimming with stickers on on it.
Other times at a different address in the less densely populated areas of the desert . We were having cotytontail bunnies and quail that were almost domesticated . Then the neighbours started to actually put their dogs under our fenced property or show/ encourage them to dig under our fence . And they would chase and kill our rabbits . And chase off the quail. then the immediate nextdoor neighhbour . Woild let their .housecat? go stray .And their cats , they would replenish
their cat if a coyote got them but they kept getting cats and letting them go stray and they would come and kill .the baby birds the quail , we were trying to raise on our property.
they did the same with dogs from the pound .Just replenish them and let them go stray but leave food out for them. If they came back.
It made no sense several people members of the same family lived,around us . That i was informed encouraged illiteracy in there family as a means of control .In their families based on my experience with various members . that lived alittle farther away . That we had befriended in the past. Before realising their associations. ( How could they just get animals from the pound and just within weeks get them to dig under our fence . Only to have the pound retrieve them or coyotes eat them)
One such animal attacked me in the yard and had to be put down . But i had been chased before by these animals , pets their their weapon of harassment. Would get in our fenced yard . Actually caught one neighbour actually digging under our fence to create holes .For their dogs, when they thought we were not home. These people had no jobs or interest in making a living except to steal from homes.
Why did these people not bond to or care about their pets . Had heard of this type if stuff before.
But not experienced it . It was not working in my mind to see people do this. Had owned my own pets and was very protective of them . Same people were looting our home . watching for when we left ..or were coming home. They had friends associated with the local sheriffs dept .So we could not get law enforcement to help. Have seen this happen again after we moved away, but with the Police dept , by a very dishonest older lady whom she also manipulated a larger extended family. The ex-con written about above was another adopted relative of hers..So much for family
pets. But did have several pet Rats over the years and found them to be just lovely . Very social and usually not aggressive. Have caught mice and turned them loose in a wild are many many miles away.

where ever you go ,there you are

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2022, 2:38 pm

I love animals. I feel more comfortable around them than I do around people.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2022, 7:12 pm

I love our dog. She seldom barks and she sheds in piles than leaving doggy hair all over. Plus she is very loving and easily trainable.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

theprisoner
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2022, 7:14 pm

I like them better than most humans, that's for sure.

AQ: 27 Diagnosis:High functioning (just on the cusp of normal.) IQ:131 (somewhat inflated result but ego-flattering) DNA:XY Location: UK. Eyes: Blue. Hair: Brown. Height:6'1 Celebrity I most resemble: Tom hardy. Favorite Band: The Doors. Personality: uhhm ....(what can i say...we asd people are strange)

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2022, 7:33 pm

Quote:
Afraid of dogs

Five separate dogs but me. Three of them in the past year

Humans are animals

Some emotional Extroverts (Myers Briggs personality type) remind me of dogs

They make too much noise

They act like they are so innocent

They have to get their way at all times

They get away with doing anything they want

They act like just because they are not happy, someone must have violated their stupidass "rights"

They are way too emotional

All true...if you're talking about TODDLERS! :lol:

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2022, 7:57 pm

I've dated a few. For the most part they're OK. /sarc

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2022, 7:58 pm

I do not like any animals but dogs are the worst.

Dogs barking sre my sensory hell.

They know I do not like them. They see me walking by and they act like I am going to attack the owner. This happens even when I am on the other side of street. Owners usually say something like “I never seen him act this way”.

One social skill I have learned is never ever do anything but complement somebodys pet. People get real insulted if you do not want pet their animal or endlessly praise them. Talking about animals is the ultimate small talk it seems.

The above does not mean I want to harm them in any way. The above does not mean I hate babies and kids. Quite the opposite in fact.

Autistic people are said to have an extra special bond with animals, as mentioned above often more then with other humans. I am missing that gene somehow. Does this mean when the spaceships arrive from Planet Autistica to take us home they will not allow me to board?

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

ToughDiamond
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2022, 8:08 pm

I'm very fond of them. OTOH they can annoy me.

Our cats often try to sit between me and my laptop when I'm busy using it, or they'll stick their noses in my food. One of them likes to sit on a surface and knock things off it onto the floor. And he gets under my feet, threatening to cause an accident, and he gets on my nerves sometimes when he's constantly miaowing for food.

I sometimes have to look after a dog that has a bladder problem and has to be taken out to urinate every hour or so. Half the time she doesn't even try. I was just letting her out and leaving her for a while, but her owner is worried about a rumour that there's somebody stealing dogs, and the dog has been wandering further out every time I let her outside. No further than the end of the front yard so far, but she's also taken a preference to the front yard so I can't just let her out the back any more where she'd be better hidden from thieves. Still, she's only ever barked once. That was because the cat dabbed her one. I couldn't cope with a dog that was always barking.

So all in all I have mixed feelings about looking after animals. I'm often too busy to put in as much time they deserve, but I think we like each other well enough. I was happier about it when I just had a visiting cat who was somebody else's responsibility. But in spite of the hassles, overall I still like animals a lot and I quite strongly disapprove of the meat trade and blood sports.

lvpin
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2022, 8:12 pm

I LOVE cats and small fluffy creatures in general, even ones that people often dislike like mice and rats (terrified of city ones though as I am scared they will give me a disease). In general I want animals to live good lives but fluffy creatures have a special place in my heart. A small bird can put me under a spell too.

Cats will always be my biggest love though. I have my own and cat sit which is a dream and videos about them make me so emotional that I cry.

Edna3362
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2022, 9:53 pm

Neither hate or love.
Neither like or dislike overall.

Lose more time here - Updates at least once a week.

Velorum
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2022, 2:38 am

I like animals. They are interesting creatures who accept or dont accept (as in the indifferent) you for who you are not what they expect you to be.

I am not keen on pets though - due to mess and dependency.

I am ambivalent about dogs.

I find them attractive and when they are quiet and calm by nature I can cope fine with them. But when out walking and a strangers dog runs at me, jumps up and/or barks I find this distressing. Quite frequently owners dont seem to think that this is a problem, some dont even attempt to apologise whilst others act as though I am being unreasonable if I dont make allowances for their pets. I find this attitude selfish and unpleasant. I walk a lot and come across this every time I go out in my area.

Sudden loud barking really dysregulates me - I hate it.

Non-binary member of the LGBTQ+ community

Emily S
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

17 Jan 2022, 2:59 am

I find dogs barking to much for me but I do like them. I have a white German shepherd and she's so loving and sweet, would be lost without her.

I'm training to be a vet, so yes I do like animals :)

Redd_Kross
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2022, 3:01 am

I love cats.

I like dogs, but I wouldn't want to look after one.

Also dogs that bark all the time for no reason are really annoying.

Chinchillas are pretty cool.