Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2022, 10:58 pm

So got out for an hour motorcycle ride. 8)

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2022, 3:42 pm

VRRRRRROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!

I only got up to 100kmh - highway speed - But, it was tons of fun to be out and about!

Last Winter was so mild I was out a few days every month. This year weather hasn't cooperated as well.

But whatever, when I can I'll make the most of it.

Anyone else trying to get out for a little two wheeled wind therapy over the Winter? Or nah, Summertime warm winds only? (I know some wusses like that lol)

Emily S
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

18 Jan 2022, 10:02 am

Ooh that sounds very awesome for you :) What bike do you have? I have a Honda CBR 650R. Lots of fun, but not currently riding weather here at the moment. But soon I'll be back out there. Currently driving my mums vauxhall senator 24v which is fun but not nearly as fun as riding :D

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2022, 11:54 am

This one: (pic I snapped at the gas station while out the other day.)

BMW K75 (750), most definitely not as fast as your 650 but tons of fun and feels like brand new since the transmission was just rebuilt as a birthday gift from my friend. 8)

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2022, 2:23 am

Got out for an hour and a half today. 8) Could have gone for a longer ride but I killed too much time early on then ripped home to grab my bike an hour before sunset. Stayed out a half hour or so after sunset but then it started getting a little too cold so I just rode home. Was a nice ride and I took a route that gives me a really amazing view of the sunset over the Fraser river behind some port cranes and bridges. 8)

Not quite as warm tmw, but I might ride again. Bikes feels nice - like new since the transmission was just rebuilt. Even though I’ve only gone on two little rides the last week and it’s otherwise been a few months since I’ve been out, my riding was ok and my handwork was pretty good. 8) Felt.. comfortable & routine - no hunting for controls, just automatic movements as needed. It’s nice to be more and more competent - I’m sure I’ll enjoy group rides more next year than last as I’ll be able to keep up better and be a bit more relaxed vs tense.