Should we tolerate or not tolerate the unvaccinated ?

Page 1 of 3 [ 42 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

chris1989
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2022, 3:44 pm

I found out that in some countries like Japan are tolerating the unvaccinated people in their population even though nearly 80% have been vaccinated (with one dose). I do seem to think that demonising those who won't take the jabs just makes them more and more determined not to get the jabs and just hardens their resistance to it even more when as I said in another thread, there should be more civilised ways of persuading them to take the vaccines and dis-spell the conspiracies and misinformation that they have been fed. To be honest, I have been getting quite fed up with the news recently about tennis player Novak Djokovic being banned by the Australian government even though I think he was initially allowed to play at a tournament despite having had no jab. I think I would hate to live in Australia right now because of what has become. I'm not an Australian, but I think if I had been in charge I would stop persistantly restricting and stopping everybody's lives and also Australia also has nearly 80% of its population vaccinated (with one dose). It upset me more when they said they will keep restrictions in place for years. I mean it made my heart sink when I heard over here that in Scotland, the first minister Nicola Sturgeon said we may have to wear masks for six more years. Its like, how do we know that is what will happen. It just makes people lose hope that it will just go on forever and ever.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2022, 4:33 pm

All we can do is beg and plead for them to get vaxed.

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2022, 4:34 pm

Tim_Tex wrote:
And when they refuse, ignore them . . . at least until it is time for the auctioning-off of their estates.

DuckHairback
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2022, 7:00 am

The unvaccinated should be tolerated. I don't believe in pressuring anyone to put something in their body they don't want to. Misinformation and propaganda borne from an anti-vax ideology however ought not be tolerated and should be combatted with scientific evidence at every opportunity.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

18 Jan 2022, 8:26 pm

DuckHairback wrote:
The unvaccinated should be tolerated. I don't believe in pressuring anyone to put something in their body they don't want to. Misinformation and propaganda borne from an anti-vax ideology however ought not be tolerated and should be combatted with scientific evidence at every opportunity.
I agree. I find it extremely hypocritical that the same people who rant about how individuals deserve the right to make their own healthcare decisions are the same 1s that are ranting about how everyone needs to get vaccinated & wear a mask. I am extremely concerned about my 1ce good country & the rest of the world rapidly becoming a police state. If we are willing to sacrifice our freedom under the guise of public safety, then we do NOT deserve to be free.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2022, 4:01 pm

Fnord wrote:
Tim_Tex wrote:
And when they refuse, ignore them . . . at least until it is time for the auctioning-off of their estates.

IMO, it's very strange when the unvaccinated (especially those who believe vaccines have caused the real trouble, mind you) end up in the hospital and ask for sympathy.

rowan_nichol
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2022, 5:28 pm

Much depends on the proportion of the population which has taken the offer of these efficacious vaccines, since this effects not only pressure bon health services but also the spread of infection -recent study from Geneva showing very rapid clearance of virus from vaccinated persons and significantly less infectious virus produced by a vaccinated person who gets subsequently infected. With coverage in the 80 plus per cent I view those choosing not to in the way I view those who choose not to join the union and give us a good negotiating mandate but still enjoy good pay or TS and C's which we negotiate and whinge about stuff

Another opinion I have is that those who won't are endangering those who can't, or can't make the immune response.

Those who spread lies to persuade others not to take advantage of vaccination are those I view as the lowest form of life, who owe a lot of gratitude to my parents for bringing me up with better manners than to tell them to F*** Off to their faces.

r00tb33r
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2022, 7:20 pm

Tolerate:
- those who can't have the vaccine for health reasons such as severe allergy to the vaccine substance
- those that have been sick and developed own immunity (vaccination was not offered to them per vaccination questionaire)

Not tolerate:
- those who don't vaccinate for BS reasons like religion or other nonsense beliefs

r00tb33r
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2022, 7:21 pm

AnonymousAnonymous wrote:
Fnord wrote:
Tim_Tex wrote:

IMO, it's very strange when the unvaccinated (especially those who believe vaccines have caused the real trouble, mind you) end up in the hospital and ask for sympathy.

Actually they don't ask for sympathy, they beg for the vaccine as they die, and the doctors tell them it's too late.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

25 Jan 2022, 1:20 am

r00tb33r wrote:
Fnord wrote:
Tim_Tex wrote:

Actually they don't ask for sympathy, they beg for the vaccine as they die, and the doctors tell them it's too late.
I felt like total cr@p the day after I got my 2nd dose of the vaccine. I was delious & talking about blowing my head off with a shotgun. I don't remember it but my girlfriend sure did :o I know how negitively the vaccine made me feel & I'm worried that getting the booster might actually kill me or make me kill myself. I know how negatively the vaccine made me feel but I do NOT know how catching Covid will make me feel or even if I will ever catch it or if have already cought Covid & didn't know it. I'd much rather take my chances catching Covid than getting the booster. If others would rather me risk sucide & death from the vaccine than me spreading Covid to them, I do NOT give one flying f#ck what those heartless selfish aHoles think.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2022, 9:51 am

r00tb33r wrote:
Fnord wrote:
Tim_Tex wrote:
Some do, some do not, and some even deny they have covid right up until they lose consciousness forever.

Unvaccinated 28-Year-Old in Denial of COVID Diagnosis Dies After Ripping Off Oxygen Mask 

I wonder if his Maserati is up for auction . . . ?

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2022, 11:23 am

Fnord wrote:
Tim_Tex wrote:

Fnord.
Whatever gives you or others the right to feel you can take things from others be they unvaccinated or not?

As a Christian who should you put your trust in? A vaccine or God?

What does it matter if we have the vaccine or not as long as we trust in God?

Steve1963
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2022, 11:25 am

Mountain Goat wrote:
Fnord wrote:
Tim_Tex wrote:

Fnord.
Whatever gives you or others the right to feel you can take things from others be they unvaccinated or not?

My mother put her trust in god. She died of COVID about a month ago. I'll put my trust in the vaccine.

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2022, 11:25 am

Steve1963 wrote:
Mountain Goat wrote:
Fnord wrote:
Tim_Tex wrote:

Fnord.

My mother put her trust in god. She died of COVID about a month ago. I'll put my trust in the vaccine.

And where did she go when she died? This life is a test. A trial of our hearts.

The arguments for or against the vaccines are more likely to take us into Hell then Heaven, and what use is it to last a few more years on this earth if we end up in Hell due to our hearts turning to hate towards fellow people?

Last edited by Mountain Goat on 25 Jan 2022, 11:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

Steve1963
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2022, 11:26 am

Mountain Goat wrote:
Steve1963 wrote:
Mountain Goat wrote:
Fnord wrote:
Tim_Tex wrote:

Fnord.

And where did she go when she died?

The ground? Are you suggesting she was better off not getting vaccinated and dying instead?

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2022, 11:31 am

Steve1963 wrote:
Mountain Goat wrote:
Steve1963 wrote:
Mountain Goat wrote:
Fnord wrote:
Tim_Tex wrote:

Fnord.

And where did she go when she died?

The ground? Are you suggesting she was better off not getting vaccinated and dying instead?

I am suggesting that this life is temporary. The next one is eternal. What we do in this life determines where we will end up in the next.
So if we live until our next breath, or if we live to reach 100, it really does not matter. What matters is where we go after that.

The reason why I say this is because I have seen so much hate in people over this vaccine issue. Is this really called for?

Last edited by Mountain Goat on 25 Jan 2022, 11:38 am, edited 3 times in total.