Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

Fenn
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2022, 6:32 pm

I'm not going to fall for that "diagnosing a fictional character" thing - but does anyone else notice a lot of his traits are more like Autism than like OCD?

I have adopted his "it's a blessing . . . and a curse" for describing some of my "traits".

(Been watching the old episodes on "Peacock" streaming).

Anything he does that reminds you of yourself? Of your Autism traits? Of someone you know with Autism?

Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

18 Jan 2022, 9:57 am

He reminds me of Edward Stanton from the 600 hours of Edward series. Edward has autism and OCD.

Elgee
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

18 Jan 2022, 1:13 pm

He seems more OCD, but the guy who seems autistic is that short bald nerd on "Frasier" who had a crush on Roz. He was a hardcore Trekkie, spoke fluent Kling-on, was socially awkward, seemed edgy, etc.

I also at one point thought Leonard's mother was full-out autistic, but the more I watched scenes with her, the more I realized that she's a full-on sociopath.

Offset
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

20 Jan 2022, 5:08 am

I was never, really, a Monk fan. I found the show incredibly boring, and the fact they were mixing brutal/morbid murder scenes, along with Monk's coworkers making jokes through each episode, I felt was kinda wrong, and I didn't, necessarily, personally, find funny etc. Well there were some moments of the show I did laugh at. lol.

But Adrian Monk does have atypical behaviors, and I hate using the word "savant", but he is a very distinguished man, and the fact he's like this timid nerdy/geeky man, but he's a cop, and he's very logical, and knows how to investigate crime scenes etc. I would have to agree with you OP, based on how his character acts. In addition to his OCD. So come to think of it, I do see what you mean OP, with Adrian Monk, and I agree.

Fenn
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2022, 7:50 pm

I think the character you were thinking of is - Frasier - Noel Shempsky.

A lot of murder mysteries are about a "socially acceptable" way to deal with ideas of violence and death and dying.

I like to read murder mysteries as a healthy way to deal with my thoughts about death and dying. There are some murder mysteries which downplay the graphic violence and focus more on the "solving the mystery" called "Cozy Mysteries".

I have never watched a whole episode of Big Bang Theory but I have watched a lot of clips on youtube and I find I like the "Seldon" character the best.

I like the way the "Monk" series mixes humor and more serious subjects. I also like that he has a mental handicap but had friends who stick up for him and has found a way to be useful with his special interest.

Fenn
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2022, 9:34 pm

42110117 wrote:
He reminds me of Edward Stanton from the 600 hours of Edward series. Edward has autism and OCD.

I think you mean this one:
600 hours of Edward

Looks like a good book!