Page 3 of 3 [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2022, 3:34 am

cyberdad wrote:
I recall some time back you mentioned Spokane has some of the most progressive and some of worst elements of US society living as neighbours.

Honestly, most of the country is like this, blue enclaves in a sea of red. Even the Seattle area where I live is like that, you can drive 20 minutes from downtown and be in Trump country, the urban/rural divide is often much closer than people tend to realize.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2022, 4:47 am

Dox47 wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
I recall some time back you mentioned Spokane has some of the most progressive and some of worst elements of US society living as neighbours.

Honestly, most of the country is like this, blue enclaves in a sea of red. Even the Seattle area where I live is like that, you can drive 20 minutes from downtown and be in Trump country, the urban/rural divide is often much closer than people tend to realize.

Our regional towns are kind of similar. We have landed gentry who own acres of farm land living next door to run down rural townships wracked with unemployment, heroin and meth.