Page 1 of 3 [ 33 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

QFT
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2022, 7:05 pm

I just ran onto Kristallnacht in one of my google searches, and this reminded me of the first -- and probably the only -- time I heard of it. I was walking down the campus of University of Michigan (which means I was between ages 24 and 29 since thats when I was doing my first ph.d. there) and some girl stopped me and invited me to some event about Kristallnacht. I asked her what the heck it is, she explained it to me. Apparently I was too busy with whatever else I was doing, so I never came.

Now, this vivid memory reminds me once again of the fact that I wish I was younger. You see, when I walk down the campus nowdays, nobody ever invites me anywhere. And if anyone would, it would be men, certainly not women. Women seem to avoid even say hello to me. But that woman, on the other hand, approached me. And also apparently she knew I was Jewish. But nowdays nobody knows I am anything except for the weirdo. I just wish I could go back in time and feel accepted again. Too bad I didn't go to her Kristallnacht event or whatever. I don't know why I was missing all those opportunities at the exact time when I was spending all those hours on dating sites.

txfz1
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2022, 7:13 pm

I'm not jewish and I'm ignorant of the traditions, has the jewish community made a remembrance of the Nazi horror?

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2022, 7:26 pm

QFT wrote:
I. You see, when I walk down the campus nowdays, nobody ever invites me anywhere. And if anyone would, it would be men, certainly not women. Women seem to avoid even say hello to me. But that woman, on the other hand, approached me. And also apparently she knew I was Jewish. But nowdays nobody knows I am anything except for the weirdo. I just wish I could go back in time and feel accepted again. Too bad I didn't go to her Kristallnacht event or whatever. I don't know why I was missing all those opportunities at the exact time when I was spending all those hours on dating sites.

This seems to inextricably linked to your experiences with women rather than Kristallnacht?

Yes I noticed when I was in my 20s I was more likely to get enthusiastic engagement from young female students on campus compared to now when I look more like a stern looking old man.

QFT
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2022, 9:36 pm

cyberdad wrote:
This seems to inextricably linked to your experiences with women rather than Kristallnacht?

The way it relates to Kristallnacht is that this word triggers what is called "vivid memory" of that female student. Thinking vividly of that specific female student makes me miss it even more than thinking of females in abstraction.

Every time I hear the word Kristallnacht, I think of that female student. Since thats what that word is associated with in my mind.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2022, 11:49 pm

QFT wrote:
cyberdad wrote:

The way it relates to Kristallnacht is that this word triggers what is called "vivid memory" of that female student. Thinking vividly of that specific female student makes me miss it even more than thinking of females in abstraction.

Every time I hear the word Kristallnacht, I think of that female student. Since thats what that word is associated with in my mind.

Oh! I see, it's kind of a trigger word

theprisoner
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2022, 12:38 am

I know Nacht = Night. Kristal > Crystal =Glass. Where does the broken come in? :scratch: "Glass Night" I know about this. I was into ww2 history years ago.

AQ: 27 Diagnosis:High functioning (just on the cusp of normal.) IQ:131 (somewhat inflated result but ego-flattering) DNA:XY Location: UK. Eyes: Blue. Hair: Brown. Height:6'1 Celebrity I most resemble: Tom hardy. Favorite Band: The Doors. Personality: uhhm ....(what can i say...we asd people are strange)

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2022, 12:45 am

Kristallnacht is also known as The Night of The Broken Glass. The Nazis broke the windows of the shops that the Jewish people owned and ran. They vandalized the merchandise in those shops. I think that it's good that we have a day to remember such things.

Sweet Pea hugs for you, QTF

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2022, 6:10 am

The Nazis did worse than that on that night….trust me.

It’s not a commemoration of Kristallnacht when Jews gather for that night. It’s that they want to make sure the memory of it remains within people’s souls, so that all people will make sure the Nazis never re-emerge, ever.

QFT
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2022, 6:41 am

I think Jews are hurting themselves more than anyone else by such commemorations. Especially Jewish men. It’s not very masculine to commemorate ones defeats. If Jews wanted to be proud they would be better off remembering King David rather than Anne Frank.

But then again, if it would have earned me a friendship with that girl (Jewish or not) it would have been worth it. Too bad I didn’t come, or at least didn’t talk to her a bit longer.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2022, 6:57 am

It’s “manly” to assure that this crap will never happen again.

I’m not one to attend these sorts of things…but they are needed to assure that the memory of these atrocities never die.

QFT
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2022, 7:11 am

cyberdad wrote:
Yes I noticed when I was in my 20s I was more likely to get enthusiastic engagement from young female students on campus compared to now

Didn’t you said you were mostly friend zoned back in your 20s?

But then again, at least two of the women that were enthusiastic about me explicitly frien zoned me, yet they gave me a lot more positive attention than anyone nowadays.

Is this what you were referring to, or were you referring to the girls that did, in fact, want to date yiu?

By the way, that particular girl in OP did not friend zoned me: our interaction didn’t get that far. But of course she didn’t show romantic interest either. So given my track record I can assume that the chances she would have dated me were very slim.

But regardless: I had female attention back then which I don’t have now. I miss those friend zone girls too by the way.

cyberdad wrote:
when I look more like a stern looking old man.

As far as stern, that’s the feedback I am getting. That I don’t smile and that’s what turns women off. And no, nobody ever said it back when I was in my 20s. On the contrary, I used to smile a lot. That was the feedback I was increasingly getting in my 30s and onward. So I guess it’s not just me who grows more stern with age, you do it too.

So what would happen if I follow my mom’s advice and start smiling more. Would it help me, or would it only look creepy? After all, mismatch between behavior and age might look like an older man praying on younger girls. At least that’s what I read in regards to older men wearing younger men tee shirts. Is smiling more the same concept?

Of course, I can’t blame “misunderstanding” on the fact that I want younger girls, since that’s what I am saying right here in this thread. The misunderstanding is in assumption that doing so is creepy. I am not looking for an exploitive relationship when I take advantage of being older. On the contrary, I wish I was younger. I would rather be 25 dating someone 40 than be 40 dating someone 25. But since I can’t become 25, dating someone 25 is the best I can do.

QFT
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2022, 7:21 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
It’s “manly” to assure that this crap will never happen again.

I’m not one to attend these sorts of things…but they are needed to assure that the memory of these atrocities never die.

The manly thing is to fight, not plead for pity.

If you look at manly people, such as Russians, they have May 9 to commemorate the victory over nazis. So why don’t Jews have a holiday to commemorate a victory of six day war? That’s what reveals their defeatist attitude.

By the way, unlike others, I don’t think Jews should return the lands that they won. If they won something in honest war and can keep it, they deserve it. Although the fact that they use American weapons rather than their own is yet another thing that makes them look less masculine.

Speaking of May 9, most Americans probably never heard of it. This just confirms the point that Russians defeated Hitler and NOT Americans. Of course that is just a fact anyway, even if Americans did celebrate May 9. The simple fact is Russians lost 20 million soldiers in that war which Americans never dreamed of. And Americans don’t know it either, cause they just don’t know much about world war 2 period (other than the American contribution, and Holocaust of course). But the fact is that Russians defeated Hitler and Americans came to take the spoils.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2022, 7:36 am

Where did I EVER say that Jews should be pitied.

Keeping the memories of atrocities alive is one form of fighting. It’s a smart kind of fighting. It would be stupid to fight present-day Germans for the atrocities of their ancestors.

QFT
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2022, 7:59 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
Where did I EVER say that Jews should be pitied.

Keeping the memories of atrocities alive is one form of fighting. It’s a smart kind of fighting. It would be stupid to fight present-day Germans for the atrocities of their ancestors.

Not present day Germans but rather preparing for wars in general. They are going in the right direction in Israel where most people are armed, they have universal army recruitment for both genders and so forth. I would say keep it up, and don’t let antizionists stop you.

But for the past 2 millenia Jews weren’t like that. As they didn’t have their own land, they were always victims. Holocaust is just a tip of the iceberg of their 2 millenia history. That’s what they have internalized and that’s where their mentality is coming from.

Well, instead of internalizing their 2 millenia history of defeat, they should embrace the fact that — unlike then —they finally have the land of Israel which offers them military power. Well, they do embrace cultural aspect of it, but not military. You don’t see them celebrating their victory of six day war. Instead, Israeli hymn is themed after their 2 millenia of suffering which is just more of the same defeatist attitude.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2022, 8:15 am

You want to know why?

It’s because we, as humans, should seek to get rid of wars as the solution to many things.

It’s not “macho” to want war, though I do believe people should defend themselves when attacked.

The first Christians were mostly pacifists—and they suffered greatly because of it.

It’s quite possible, though, that their idealism under fire made them heroes/martyrs, and, partially, this perpetuated the Christian religion.

There are many ways to look at ethics, morality, and such. I am one for defending myself when attacked----but when I'm not attacked, or I'm presented with an opinion other than my own, I believe in treating people in a civil matter. This might be boring for some people----but that's my beliefs....tough nuggies on those who find this boring.

Last edited by kraftiekortie on 19 Jan 2022, 8:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

QFT
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2022, 8:40 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
You want to know why?

It’s because we, as humans, should seek to get rid of wars as the solution to many things.

It’s not “macho” to want war, though I do believe people should defend themselves when attacked.

The first Christians were mostly pacifists—and they suffered greatly because of it.

It’s quite possible, though, that their idealism under fire made them heroes/martyrs, and, partially, this perpetuated the Christian religion.

As far as first century Christians, they had a different connotation. Even though nowadays we know that the Book of Revelation refers to the future, back in the first century they assumed it was referring to current events. Now look at the following verse:

Quote:
Revelation 15:2 And I saw as it were a sea of glass mingled with fire: and them that had gotten the victory over the beast, and over his image, and over his mark, and over the number of his name, stand on the sea of glass, having the harps of God.

Particularly the word victory. This doesn’t sound defeatist to me.

First century Christians viewed themselves as martyrs. Modern Jews view themselves as victims. There is a huge difference between a martyr and a victim.

As a matter of fact, even today’s Christians anticipate themselves being martyred in the future. That’s what end time mentality is all about. But, again, they expect themselves to be martyrs rather than victims. Look it it this way:

1) Christians expect to willfully disobey the world (that will be headed by the antichrist), be martyred, with victory at the end

2) Jews expect to plead pity to the world in order for the world to protect them out of pity

See the difference?

Now, from Christian perspective, the leader of the world will be the antichrist. And Christians predict that antichrist will establish world peace, as he would accommodate all worlds religions, except for those few people he will martyr (yes he would accommodate Christians too as most Christians will be false Christians and only few Christians that are true Christians will end up being martyred). So look at it this way:

3) Jews want pity instead of fighting because they want peace

4) Jews plead to “the world” for said pity and/or protection

5) The leader of “the world” will be the antichrist

6) Antichrist will, indeed, come in the name of peace

So you see how it all adds up together, and not in a good way. Although the good news is

7) When antichrist will establish abomination of desolation in rebuilt temple (possibly in a form of a sacrifice of a pig) Jews will reject antichrist and come to Jesus

But let’s hope it happens *before* they take the mark of the beast, because after the mark of the beast is taken it is too late.