Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Canadian1911
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

18 Jan 2022, 8:40 pm

So I am 26 years old, physically capable, with Aspergers.

I have had some previous work experience, and I have a driver's license, as well as a Firearms License (Canadian Gun Laws).

I have however been unemployed for a couple years, but have found a job listing for a major corporation in an entry level position that sounds like I should be able to handle it, given my previous work experience and the very similar nature of the job. Not only that but it's a unionized workplace, there is on the job training, progressive wages, up to $28.75 Canadian per hour, for the entry level position, there's also promotions. I am going to go after this, because this is something that has the potential to turn into not just a job, but a career.

As I am beginning to get older, I want to start making more progress in life to my eventual goal of self-sufficiency and independence having a good and steady job is of course a crucially important factor. Yes, I qualify for my province's disability income support, but I want a better life than that, and living with my parents.

Wish me luck I guess.

P.S: Yes, I realize I haven't been signed on in years.... :)

Doberdoofus
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2022, 9:01 pm

Wishing you luckCanadian1911 Image

Don't be so eager to be offended. The narcissism of small differences leads to the most boring kind of conformity.

AprilR
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2022, 10:02 am

I wish you luck also. You have both experience and a positive attitude, those are definitely a plus.