Controversial and/or Unpopular, Personal/Political opinions

Page 20 of 31 [ 489 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23 ... 31  Next

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

12 May 2022, 10:49 pm

It is not "ok" to take your dog off leash, just because "she's friendly"

"How are you doing?" Is kind of a manipulative question, because the only socially acceptable answers are "good" and "fine", but then you don't get a chance to explain the situation. There are five emotions and happy is just one of them. Happiness is not superior to sadness. Some precious lil "people" act like every time they are not happy, someone must have violated their stupidass "rights". It's like (bull market and bear market).

Most precious lil "people" talk too much and too loud. They do not waste nearly as much energy, listening, as they do talking.

"Can you" is not a request. "Can you" implies that just because you "can", it means that you have to

Not all impacts are immediate obvious physical or visible

False hope is worse than (no hope)

Some lil dipshits are so full of themselves they truly believe that they are perfect and they have a moral right to veto anything just because they don't like it. They say "cool" and "sucks" like everything should be "cool" according to their standards

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

13 May 2022, 10:09 am

You know there is a problem when it is easier to buy an assault rifle than it is to obtain an abortion.

SkinnedWolf
Veteran
Veteran

13 May 2022, 12:22 pm

It is circumstance that dictates what is moral. Define the circumstances, and ethics is like clay in your hands.

Cover your eyes, if you like. It will serve no purpose.

You might expect to be able to crush them in your hand, into wolf-bone fragments.
Dance with me, funeralxempire. Into night's circle we fly, until the fire enjoys us.

hurtloam
Veteran
Veteran

13 May 2022, 12:43 pm

I let things play out an adapt according to what the outcome is.

Middle of the road horror. "Silence is violence" they say.

Tough. It maintains my sanity.

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

14 May 2022, 6:36 pm

I don’t value being up-to-date on current affairs and avoid the news whenever possible. It’s bad for my PTSD and overall mental health. I try to be as ignorant as possible about what’s going on.

This appalls my family, but too bad for them!

Ignorance is not bliss, but it’s the best I can do.

Texasmoneyman300
Veteran
Veteran

14 May 2022, 9:21 pm

Fnord wrote:
You know there is a problem when it is easier to buy an assault rifle than it is to obtain an abortion.

Unregistered Assault Rifles are actually illegal for every American civilian.AR-15 is not an assault rifle.A semi-automatic AK-47 is not ansault rifle.They would be assault rifles if they were select-fire.Just FYI.A true assault rifle purchase requires extensive long drawn out process with the ATF and tens of thousands of dollars.

ironpony
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2022, 11:54 pm

I don't believe in 'no fault divorce' but is that unpopular?

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2022, 11:57 pm

^^among some quarters, yes. sadly.

Aspie1
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2022, 4:45 am

ironpony wrote:

It's actually very popular; it really means "man's fault divorce", as women initiate most divorces. "No fault" means that a woman doesn't need a valid reason to file for divorce. She simply needs to cry "I'm not haaaaapy" to some corrupt, biased, feminist judge, and she'll get the house, the car, the custody of the kids, 50% of the husband's bank account, his priceless coin collection, and lifetime alimony.

Last edited by Aspie1 on 16 May 2022, 5:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

HighLlama
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2022, 5:12 am

ironpony wrote:

What if the woman marries a physically abusive, controlling man, who pretended to be different simply to trap her?

I'm willing to bet that men don't believe in no-fault divorce more than women.

ironpony
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2022, 6:35 am

oh what I mean by no fault divorce is that no one is at fault. If a man is physically abusive and controlling then there is fault and so that doesn't count as no fault, if that makes sense.

hurtloam
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2022, 9:32 am

I think the point is so that you're not spending time proving how awful your partner was and building further acrimonious feelings, especially if there are children involved.

Instead focus is on splitting amicably and making the process smoother.

ironpony
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2022, 11:52 am

Oh well I guess I strongly believe in promises and if the person did not commit any abuse or cheat, than what good are promises if people can just take them back no problem?

Plus I thought when it comes to children, splitting up is worse than sticking together.

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2022, 5:48 pm

ironpony wrote:
Oh well I guess I strongly believe in promises and if the person did not commit any abuse or cheat, than what good are promises if people can just take them back no problem?

Plus I thought when it comes to children, splitting up is worse than sticking together.

Splitting up isn’t necessary worse than sticking together when it comes to children. Parents are probably not going to do a great job at parenting if they are miserable all the time.

I think being happy is more important than a promise, especially since people can’t know exactly how things will go and how they will feel over the course of future decades.

I’d greatly prefer a guy to divorce me than stay if he no longer loved me. I wouldn’t want to be someone’s ball-and-chain/obligation.

Aspie1
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2022, 6:34 pm

ironpony wrote:

I think it's best if BOTH parents automatically lose custody if they get a divorce, regardless of who initiated it. The child is then moved into a relatives' home, a foster/adoptive family, or a group home, whichever he/she prefers. The birth parents are then given equal-time visitation rights, while the child resides with his/her new legal guardians. While I'm anti-big government, being a conservative, I fully support breaking up the parents' monopoly on their child's happiness.

This works out extremely well for the child, because he/she isn't forced to make a difficult choice which parent to live with. Plus, after months or years of helplessly watching his/her parents fight, most children would be ecstatic to start a new life with a new family, and to forget their old life like a bad dream. And it creates a strong disincentive for the wife (usually) to file for divorce because she's "not haaaapy, whaaaah".

Last edited by Aspie1 on 16 May 2022, 6:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2022, 6:40 pm

I am always right, but people just can't handle it. 8)

Of course, I am joking. :roll: