Controversial and/or Unpopular, Personal/Political opinions

Page 21 of 31 [ 489 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24 ... 31  Next

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2022, 6:43 pm

Pepe wrote:
I am always right, but people just can't handle it. 8)
Of course, I am joking. :roll:

You are always right, except when you’re wrong - which is most of the time. :wink:

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2022, 7:05 pm

Twilightprincess wrote:
Pepe wrote:
I am always right, but people just can't handle it. 8)
Of course, I am joking. :roll:

You are always right, except when you’re wrong - which is most of the time. :wink:

I see you are good at making a funny, also.
Kudos! :thumright:

Many autistic people have problems with jokes.
It is good to see you *still* aren't one of them. 8)

ironpony
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2022, 10:31 pm

Why do many autistic people have a problem with jokes?

Aspie1
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2022, 10:53 pm

ironpony wrote:

Because most, if not all, NTs use "jokes" as a license to treat our kind like garbage. I myself was treated that way by my parents' friends. It didn't teach me a sense of humor. It only taught me to fantasize about running into the room where they sat with a live and loaded M-15 or AK-47, and... use your imagination! :evil:

ironpony
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2022, 11:09 pm

Oh yes I see. What about a joke like in Family Guy for example, where Peter wanted Lois to dress as the Hamburglar as a bedroom fantasy, but she dressed like Grimace instead, and Peter says that the hamburglar is the one who steels hamburgers and Grimace is Ronald McDonald's autistic friend.

I thought that was really funny, that Peter thinks Grimace is autistic, just because he is furry and purple, but would other people think that is funny or no?

Texasmoneyman300
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2022, 4:17 am

I think taxes except "sin" taxes should be abolished and replaced by a voluntary donation model and fee and tolls.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2022, 4:49 am

i for one don't wanna have to stop and pay a blinkin' toll every block. i believe in a 1% transaction tax on all wall street chicanery.

Texasmoneyman300
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2022, 4:59 am

auntblabby wrote:
i for one don't wanna have to stop and pay a blinkin' toll every block. i believe in a 1% transaction tax on all wall street chicanery.

Oh.I am kind of the opposite because I wish that every mile and section of road and highway and street in this state and country were free market private toll roads.Buts thats just me.I also think that the government should be funded by tariffs like the early American republic.I think every government in the country should be required to be debt free including the fed government.

Brictoria
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2022, 6:02 am

Aspie1 wrote:
ironpony wrote:

Because most, if not all, NTs use "jokes" as a license to treat our kind like garbage. I myself was treated that way by my parents' friends. It didn't teach me a sense of humor. It only taught me to fantasize about running into the room where they sat with a live and loaded M-15 or AK-47, and... use your imagination! :evil:

It's not just "jokes" where they do that... Take the recent recording of a Twitter executive:
Quote:
A senior Twitter executive was secretly recorded mocking would-be owner Elon Musk for having Asperger’s syndrome — prompting the billionaire to call him out on the platform.

“He has Asperger’s, so he’s special — you’re special needs. You’re literally special needs,” the honcho, identified by Project Veritas as lead client partner Alex Martinez, says in a video that the outlet released Tuesday.

“So I can’t even take what you’re saying seriously,” Martinez added as he moaned about the Tesla CEO’s mission to restore free speech to the social media giant.

Source: https://nypost.com/2022/05/18/twitter-exec-recorded-mocking-elon-musk-for-aspergers/

traven
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2022, 1:24 am

honeypot/moneypot ukraine
all the preds come dancing, there was an issue with stemcellcollecting, i didn't check that, idk
like fracking and gmo-ing, but we checked since the airplane crash, wasn't there a handfull of virologists on board? anyway that was a hoaxy kinda setup, wtf netherland, these places were before that on the royal dutch shell,
how does that link to biden? remember kerry and mccain and the usual suspects wanting that war already, and voila back in power the thing resumes, check; https://royaldutchshellplc.com/tag/ukraine/
https://oilprice.com/Energy/Energy-Gene ... tions.html

don't worry bout a thing, its all coincidental, wwf and the dl, from your double-agent of ww2 (possible and faulty overviewhttp://www.bilderberg.org/bernhard.htm, not mentionning already the nazi- dalailama link,
also it's probably for a biggest part the wwf that decides on sustainable- rankings in the invester-virtual virtues)
the vatican backed uk goes a long way too, dossier, dossiers, dr-who? :mrgreen:

but the problem isn't merely the "source" it's the ever growing "demand" of "someone's exploitation" on the lowest possible wages, as in eg, always more slaves for "communication, a "succesfull business model "that didn't require anyone's energy but your own, how many monkey's does it take now? mining-engeneering-construction-wiring-&&&
(now every selfrespecting dutch person has an e-bike, cities "give" away electric scooters for more pedestrian chaos, wtf :skull: what's next electric shopping caddies? :mrgreen: )(what's the worth of data of that has to be collected permanently?- your payment for the upkeep?? the subscription-slavery, as mentionned in the jungle series of a certain author :nerdy: )

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2022, 10:28 am

ironpony wrote:

It has to do with the autistic mindset. Being literal. Not seeing between the lines. Not recognizing jokes as jokes.

I, and others, on WP have learned over the years to put a note at the bottom of joke posts we make saying that it is a "joke",or is "sarcasm", so that some folks on the site dont take it literally.

Not so much what Aspie1 is saying: about the trauma with having been the butt of jokes. Though with some individual autistics that might be a factor as well.

@Aspie1 you apparently had a really horrendous childhood. And its uniquely deplorable how that shrink was a coconspirator in the abuse your parents inflicted on you. I salute you for surviving all that.

Aspie1
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2022, 6:39 pm

naturalplastic wrote:
@Aspie1 you apparently had a really horrendous childhood. And its uniquely deplorable how that shrink was a coconspirator in the abuse your parents inflicted on you. I salute you for surviving all that.
To play devil's advocate, helping the parents is a family therapist's job, so she was doing just that. She was helping them better exert control over me---I didn't matter because I was a minor, and none of their actions fit the legal definition of "abuse". I just wish it was honestly disclosed to me, rather than her stringing me along with false promises of helping me "in the long run" :roll:, which is shrink code for "never". (Luckily, I figured out those promises were lies, and by then, learned what kind of answers she wanted to hear and fed them to her.)

As for "feelings", I could never answer her "how did that make you feel?" questions correctly---meaning give her the emotional answers she was looking for. So I wonder if she joined my parents in psychologically abusing me as as a retaliation tactic, since she kept insisting that I was lying her her or withholding things from her.

Not all is lost. At age 12, I discovered alcohol, and could get to it without much difficulty, since my parents never caught on that I was sneaking it. Be it swigging from their whiskey bottles and replacing it with water, or helping myself from their boxed wine and letting them think the other parent drank some. Plus, I didn't need much to feel happy to begin with.

ironpony
Veteran
Veteran

26 May 2022, 12:46 am

naturalplastic wrote:
ironpony wrote:

It has to do with the autistic mindset. Being literal. Not seeing between the lines. Not recognizing jokes as jokes.

I, and others, on WP have learned over the years to put a note at the bottom of joke posts we make saying that it is a "joke",or is "sarcasm", so that some folks on the site dont take it literally.

Not so much what Aspie1 is saying: about the trauma with having been the butt of jokes. Though with some individual autistics that might be a factor as well.

Oh I see. I can relate to that for sure.

Well as far as unpopular opinions go, sometimes I feel that civil law should be abolished as courts don't see to know how to handle civil with many law suit cases coming off as jokes. Maybe it should be abolished with a good portion of it being transferred over to criminal law, and other parts being dismantled entirely. Or at the very least, let a jury decide ALL civil cases, and never a judge alone. If that's an unpopular opinion?

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

26 May 2022, 9:11 am

ironpony wrote:
Because the worst jokes get elected to public office.

Brictoria
Veteran
Veteran

26 May 2022, 9:49 am

Fnord wrote:
ironpony wrote:
Because the worst jokes get elected to public office.

And all it takes is 81 million votes...

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

26 May 2022, 3:45 pm

it didn't take that many the last time, why hell he didn't even get a majority.