Controversial and/or Unpopular, Personal/Political opinions

Page 19 of 31 [ 489 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22 ... 31  Next

Texasmoneyman300
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2022, 5:19 pm

I wish Texas would of never joined the Union.I wish I would of never been American if we lived in a scenario of Texas staying free.I wish I could of stayed just a Texan.My loyalty is to Texas first and the United States after that.I hope Texas becomes free in my lifetime.I wish President Lamar would have never lost his vision of the future of Texas to General Sam Houston.

Aspie1
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2022, 6:49 pm

Texasmoneyman300 wrote:
I wish Texas would of never joined the Union.I wish I would of never been American if we lived in a scenario of Texas staying free.
I wish the same thing for my state too, and I don't even live in Texas. Today's America is basically People's Democratic Republic of George Soros (curse be upon him). It's no surprise that QAnon is gaining new members by leaps and bounds; hard-working citizens are sick and tired of Democrats destroying the America they spent their lives building. Me and my QAnon friends drove to a neighboring conservative state back in late spring of 2020, and had a blast there. That state had a freedom-loving, patriotic vibe my state lacks to this day!

Then again, the Republic of Texas today would be flooded with American refugees fleeing People's Democratic Republic of George Soros. So by staying in the Union, you're taking the good with the bad; at least you get federal funding for expressways and what-have-you.

My rights don't end where your feeeelings begin!
Then they came for me. But by then, there was no one left to object.
If you're conservative when you're young, you have no heart! If you're liberal when you're mature, you have no brain!

Last edited by Aspie1 on 18 Apr 2022, 10:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Texasmoneyman300
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2022, 9:26 pm

My controversial belief is that the AR-15 is not an "assault rifle."

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2022, 10:38 pm

the AR in AR15 stands for Armed Resistance. [aside from "Assault Rifle"] ;)

Texasmoneyman300
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2022, 11:36 pm

auntblabby wrote:

Oh okay.Actually it originally stood for Armalite and then it became a generic name because of all the knock-offs or whatever.I am sorry if you were making a joke about assault rifle and i didnt catch it.But I know a lot of people mistankenly think it stood for Assault Rifle.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2022, 12:49 am

Texasmoneyman300 wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

Oh okay.Actually it originally stood for Armalite and then it became a generic name because of all the knock-offs or whatever.I am sorry if you were making a joke about assault rifle and i didnt catch it.But I know a lot of people mistankenly think it stood for Assault Rifle.

i was being facetious. ;)

SkinnedWolf
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2022, 1:22 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
There’s not much good in authoritarianism—except for those who like to be led by the neck.

Many Chinese willnt agree with you.
Many people believe that China, as a late-developing country, needs a strong central government to unite the Chinese in order to remain competitive and resist external influences (believe me, even I don't think most "external influences" are good), and China's economy Growth is the result. One-party systems allow political parties to make decisions with extremely long-term planning.
China is an example. Singapore is another example. Both countries have geopolitical reasons that make political swaying pose a great risk.

There are "some" benefits to authoritarianism in my opinion. But now its side effects are unacceptable.

Cover your eyes, if you like. It will serve no purpose.

You might expect to be able to crush them in your hand, into wolf-bone fragments.
Dance with me, funeralxempire. Into night's circle we fly, until the fire enjoys us.

Texasmoneyman300
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2022, 12:49 pm

auntblabby wrote:
Texasmoneyman300 wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

i was being facetious. ;)

lol haha good one buddy.

Texasmoneyman300
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2022, 10:43 pm

My controversial belief is that Jesus turned the water into alcohol

Aspie1
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2022, 6:07 am

My unpopular opinion is that all parents are self-absorbed narcissists, and that's mostly what they are. And the only reason they have kids is to have a powerless creature to boss around for a cheap thrill, under the pretext of love/caring, and to have that creature bring them bragging rights of having raised an obedient straight-A student. And if the creature gets a C or disobeys them, emotional abuse ensues.

Corrolary:
All family therapists are just flying monkeys for the parents. They are NOT there to help minors. In fact, they enjoy keeping the minors miserable and mocking them.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2022, 8:28 am

Love = Freely choosing to be in service to others.

Evil = Freely choosing to be in service to one's self.

SkinnedWolf
Veteran
Veteran

02 May 2022, 2:01 pm

Allocate money to two people.
If the amounts are similar, you are encouraging them to exchange of needed goods.
If the amounts vary widely, you are encouraging enslaving.

You might expect to be able to crush them in your hand, into wolf-bone fragments.
Dance with me, funeralxempire. Into night's circle we fly, until the fire enjoys us.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

03 May 2022, 12:56 am

Fnord wrote:
Love = Freely choosing to be in service to others.

Evil = Freely choosing to be in service to one's self.[/color]

Well said.
"Love" is a choice, after all. 8)

SkinnedWolf
Veteran
Veteran

03 May 2022, 12:19 pm

For many political propositions, the strongest "enemy" is often in the form of "teammates".

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

03 May 2022, 5:14 pm

Texasmoneyman300 wrote:
My controversial belief is that Jesus turned the water into alcohol

I believe in this too, Texas MM 300.

SkinnedWolf
Veteran
Veteran

12 May 2022, 2:18 pm

To create evil, love abstract people and not concrete people.