Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

cuckold808
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

20 Jan 2022, 1:41 pm

Has anyone found the Charisma on Command youtube channel to be helpful? I personally have

hurtloam
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2022, 1:43 pm

What did you find helpful?

Cephalopod
Butterfly
Butterfly

22 May 2022, 4:55 pm

Yes. It's a pretty interesting channel, a good place to study the variety of techniques that can be successful within social exchanges. Having watched many videos, it can show you what works, but it can't show you (if any) of the styles examined will work for you.

The "awkward" celebrities they have seem nowhere near being on the spectrum. The guy on the channel encourages smiling and positivity which is great, but if you're not a naturally "smiley" person, forcing yourself to act like that comes off as insincere and/or creepy. If you enjoy studying human behavior though, it can be fascinating. It's sociology/anthropology in contemporary mass media.

klanka
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2022, 6:14 pm

I like the comments on their videos, they are like 'oh im dead inside so i need this channel to tell me when to smile'
funny comments like that.
I watched their videos but didnt find it useful. For example it would highlight a celebrity who could tell jokes on the spot, then that video would encourage you to be like that, when it's not your personality its THEIR personality so you gonna fail to copy it.

Then it might encourage you to flirt like Craig Ferguson, that is very rare when you get into a situation like that, then you have to have the presence of mind to think back ....oh what did he say when...then the moment has passed.

Maybe I'm being too pessimistic and negative, if anyone has examples where it helped....

I went back to the channel just in case im missing something, i watched the one about 'how to be popular as an introvert' one of the points is to use enthusiastic hand gestures :D ok if that isn't your natural personality then that's going to come off as fake and weird if you try to do it.