Page 3 of 13 [ 206 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 13  Next

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2022, 11:02 pm

Oddly enough , still have anxiety, but usually only to do with people , and this is where the word fearless loses some meaning it is a stress trigger . Possibly because my cortisol levels have been high ,since forever.
But it is only humans that cause this anxiety or being in situations were I am subject to another persons interpretation
Of how something is suppose to be around me. Due to repeated experiences am able to easily decide, divine what is the best for myself. So people whom do this to me are pretty automatically are creating a disparity , unless there is a meeting of the minds.
Some Aspies tendencies can be of great benefits , other times it is just too much input , regardless of my experiences. Or brain changes.

where ever you go ,there you are

jimmy m
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2022, 12:04 pm

theprisoner wrote:

I know NDE survivors come back totally changed, usually with more extroverted personality. Less fearful, specifically no fear of death. Since they tasted it, and it altered their brain. A skeptic might say oxygen deprivation did that. Cause physical alteration in their synaptic pathways. IS that what you're saying happened to you?

It doesn't ring a bell. I am an extreme introvert and not an extrovert.
Yes to some extent I am fearless but this is driven by my ability to gauge a threat. I am willing to take a risk to the extreme but it is based on analysis of the threat.

For example, last year I faced death around 6 times. That is a high number even for me. Normally it only happens about once every 6 years or so. In one of these incidents we had a flood and I got pulled into a drainage pipe. One second I was at the edge of the river and the next instant something strange happened. I opened my eyes and saw that I was in the middle of a 3 foot diameter, 20 foot long pipe. I thought what should I do. Immediately I pulled my arms and body into a straight line. The force of the water was intense. I decided to go with the flow and get to the surface after a second. In that second, my body moved about 30 feet downstream. The force was so great that I lost my shoes and some of my clothing, but my body survived with only minimal damage.

When I experienced my stroke 10 months ago, that was oxygen deprivation. I lost around 2 percent of my brain cells forever. But when I was a young boy and got struck by a thousand pound bull and almost killed, that was something different. I became a different person. One who was not afraid of death.

As Jill Bolte Taylor wrote in her book describing her massive stroke.
My stroke of insight is that at the core of my right hemisphere consciousness is a character that is directly connected to the expression of peace, love, joy, and compassion in the world.

Last edited by jimmy m on 25 Jan 2022, 4:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2022, 2:34 pm

Gosh.

Dont know if this has anything to do with the topic but.

In one book I read about how observers have noticed that mice will appear to go into a state of ecstasy while in the jaws of a kitty cat. The mice will stop struggling and just go limp and act like they are in a drugged stupor.

A few week later I was reading another book. This book recounted the story of a man who was the jaws of African lion. It was the famous explorer Livingston. One of this African helpers rescued him at that last moment by shooting the lion. Before he was rescued he said he had gone into a strange state of euphoria as ... the lion was about eat him.

Apparently being killed by predator causes both mice and men to have some kind endorphins released into the body.

jimmy m
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2022, 4:28 pm

naturalplastic

This is very common for an animal known as a opossum. I have seen it happen many times. My cat will attack it and the opossum will play dead. The cat will play with this apparently dead animal for awhile and then walk away. Then after a few minutes the opossum will come back to life and slowly walk away to live another day.

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2022, 9:02 pm

Yes have dealt with several NDE s that were more accidental than dying on a operating table .. close calls
That were far too close to have normally come through . And oddly enough it was often thinking through the experiences. The recent Covid emergency hospitalization . That was something the next person I knew that had all the same symptoms, as myself .Died. But all the way through it the ER stay the isolation room , the breathing issues.
Never once did I anticipate death. And even missed it when the doctor came in and asked if , I wanted to be revived if I passed . My reflex response , was NO . Then , I realized that they seemed to be interested in my living .
So asked for the same doctor the next day and only upgraded myself only to no intubation. Otherwise revive.
Still no consciousness of death. Strange days .. lolz

theprisoner
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2022, 9:43 pm

I have a relative who surprised me once when I brought up the subject of NDE's, she said she had one, and she saw heaven, it might have changed her outlook, she's very moral.

I've seen TV shows on them years ago, testimony from survivors. It's intriguing. DMT is supposed to have a similar effect. Since it's the brains natural dream drug, and consciousness drug. It also reportedly floods the brain upon death. And could be the very molecule responsible for triggering the NDE effect. Unlocking that mode of perception. That realm of conscious that is normally hidden from us. It's like tuning into different bands on a radio. That's what Certain Psychedelic enthusiasts have hypothesized. That's if you believe its not just a chemical rush, and that their really is a afterlife , other dimensions that are of some substance or realness, other than a figment of the imagination. Our very limited Imaginations, as the case may be.

AQ: 27 Diagnosis:High functioning (just on the cusp of normal.) IQ:131 (somewhat inflated result but ego-flattering) DNA:XY Location: UK. Eyes: Blue. Hair: Brown. Height:6'1 Celebrity I most resemble: Tom hardy. Favorite Band: The Doors. Personality: uhhm ....(what can i say...we asd people are strange)

jimmy m
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jan 2022, 8:47 am

It is a COLD morning. Currently the temperature is down to 2.5 degrees Fahrenheit. And I feel a little frigid. But we have the wood stove going and it is warming the house.
Let's see. This temperature is -16.4 degrees Celsius. That number puts a little frig in the refrigerator.
So let us chose a different system. What about the Kelvin system. It is a whopping +256.8 degrees K. I feel like I am burning up.
It is -13.1 degrees Re in the Reaumur system.
And a phenomenal 1.812e-30 degrees in the Planck system. What is that? Never heard of it. Must be new.
Then it is 462.2 degrees R in the Rankine system.
It is -5.4 degrees N in the Newton system of temperature.
It is -1.1 degrees in the Romer system and 174.6 degrees D in the Delisle temperature system.

I just checked the temperatures again and we have moved up into the 3 degree F range. My world is beginning to heat up again. Thank you SUN.

jimmy m
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jan 2022, 8:57 am

NDE = Near Death Experiences

jimmy m
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jan 2022, 9:55 am

The structure of the human brain is two sided.

And these two separate brains are connected together and communicate with each other. That is what makes human beings quite unique. Our two parts share information with each other but only one side is in charge, has control at one point in time. But the primary human brain being an equal opportunity employer allows the other half its space in time. It transfers limited control for a short instant of time each night during REM sleep, to the other half. And our other half uses that time wisely running at the speed of light, living great adventures in dreamland, understanding the complexity of the world and preparing the human brain primary half to return afresh for another new day.

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jan 2022, 11:50 am

jimmy m wrote:
The structure of the human brain is two sided.

And these two separate brains are connected together and communicate with each other. That is what makes human beings quite unique. Our two parts share information with each other but only one side is in charge, has control at one point in time. But the primary human brain being an equal opportunity employer allows the other half its space in time. It transfers limited control for a short instant of time each night during REM sleep, to the other half. And our other half uses that time wisely running at the speed of light, living great adventures in dreamland, understanding the complexity of the world and preparing the human brain primary half to return afresh for another new day.

:D Thusly giving rise to the old adage…. There is two sides to every story..????? 8O .

The above post causes me to wonder , If left handed people are right brain dominant, and visa versa ….
Then how do right and left handed people successfully live in the same world ? :| ….. :roll:

Then inversely do left handed peoples left brain take over when in REM sleep ?

jimmy m
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jan 2022, 7:11 pm

Jakki

About 10-12% of the human population is left-handed. Nevertheless, language representation among lefties is still predominantly left-hemisphere based. Neuroimaging and behavioral studies suggest language is lateralized to left hemisphere in roughly 80% of left-handers. In contrast, it is lateralized to the left hemisphere in about 95% of right-handers. In short, key language functions are lateralized to the left in most human beings regardless of handedness. It may be that some other behavioral function besides language is influencing handedness.

In the last couple of decades, it has become clear that left-handers consistently report poorer quality sleep, decreased time spent in non-REM (NREM) sleep, increased time spent in REM sleep, (but fewer REM episodes per night), and increased interhemispheric EEG coherence during sleep (there is greater cross-talk between the two hemispheres). Left-handers tend to exhibit greater REM durations and greater bilateral brain activity during REM than right-handers.

First of all, it should be recalled that for most species NREM sleep is unihemispheric; that is it occurs in one hemisphere at a time. The fact that NREM requires only one hemisphere for its expression raises the question of whether that is the case for REM as well. To my knowledge REM can only be expressed bihemispherically. It appears to require two hemispheres to be fully expressed.

Source: https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog ... and-dreams.

What does this all mean. I DO NOT KNOW BECAUSE MY BRAIN WAS FRIED BY THE STROKE. But it sounds like during much of the low level sleep, the brain only uses one side of the brain but during REM sleep, the deepest part of the sleep cycle, the brain utilizes both sides of the human brain. That makes a lot of sense to me. In REM sleep we allow our second brain to come online and at the speed of light, live a life of its own.

theprisoner
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jan 2022, 7:15 pm

I've looked into left-handedness. The neuroscience. There's a whole bunch of traits associated with it. I'm right handed.

AQ: 27 Diagnosis:High functioning (just on the cusp of normal.) IQ:131 (somewhat inflated result but ego-flattering) DNA:XY Location: UK. Eyes: Blue. Hair: Brown. Height:6'1 Celebrity I most resemble: Tom hardy. Favorite Band: The Doors. Personality: uhhm ....(what can i say...we asd people are strange)

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jan 2022, 9:14 pm

Thank you Jimmy m that was kinda interesting. :D

jimmy m
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jan 2022, 9:45 am

I was thinking about this graph last night and came to the conclusion that it might explain a lot.

Many people who suffer strokes lose control of one half of their body.

According to various articles on the internet:
-------------------------------------------------------
Stroke can affect muscles in your arms, legs, hands and feet. The muscles can shorten and become very tight. This is called spasticity. Or they might become limp and soft (flaccid).

A stroke happens when part of the brain is deprived of oxygen. This can happen if a blood vessel to the brain gets blocked (ischemic stroke), or if there is a bleed in your brain (hemorrhagic stroke). This causes some of the cells in your brain to die.

Hemiparesis is weakness or the inability to move on one side of the body, making it hard to perform everyday activities like eating or dressing.

Where your stroke occurred in the brain will determine the location of your weakness. Injury to the left side of the brain, which controls language and speaking, can result in right-sided weakness. Left-sided weakness results from injury to the right side of the brain, which controls nonverbal communication and certain behaviors.

----------------------------------------------------

In general, this is one of the ways a stroke will affect most humans. But it didn't affect ME this way. I maintain perfect left and right hand/leg control. It sure did a number on my brain and also my vision but not my ability to move my legs and my hand. After the stroke I suffered three levels of vision damage. For the most part I think I have corrected two of these losses but the third one is a bear.

After my stroke my right eye decided to go on a vacation and become my left eye. So I had two left eyes and no right eye. This meant that I could only see around 100 degrees of my left side. Around 80 degrees of my right side was completely invisible. And I do mean completely invisible. A car could be coming down the road right at me and I wouldn't even see it coming.

Luckily a doctor/nurse observed the problem and fixed this problem. It was a quick and simple fix. He covered my left eye (my good eye) for around 6 hours per day. My right eye then no longer knew where it was at and began returning back to its natural normal right side. It only took about 4 days and my right eye was back to its normal side.

But then there was another problem. It took me almost a month to become aware that my eyesight was not fixed. I knew something was still wrong but I just didn't know what. Essentially both my eyes had developed a partial blind spot on the right side. It wasn't complete blindness but it was close. If I took a bright light and looked at the light from my left side, it was normal. But if I moved it to my right side, the light went dark. Not completely invisible but dark, like someone turned the light off. So I began working this problem. I spent around 15 minutes each day staring into my semi blind area. My daughter gave me an inexpensive device used for young children who developed vision problems called an ipidipi. This is what I used. It took about a month and then my blind side disappeared and I thought I was finally cured. The vision change was quite dramatic. But not so fast. After visiting my optometrist, he saw no change in my vision.

So it was back to the drawing board. My vision had changed but it still had a problem. It took me about a month to realize that the human eyes have two levels of vision - forward vision and rear vision. So essentially I came to the conclusion that I changed my rear vision but my forward vision was still defective. And that is what I have been working on ever since. I go to therapy once per week and my vision it improving measurable. My speed of seeing in my right (bad) side is coming fairly close to my good left side. It is generally less than 2.0 seconds on my right compared to 1.2 seconds on my left using a Dynavision device.

But anyways I am still a work in progress.

There was another man who lived about an hour away from me. He suffered a massive stroke about a month after mine. He exhibited very close to the same problems as I had encountered. He was a friend of a friend and my friends got us together. He was having a hard time. His whole life was coming to an end. I passed on what I had done giving fine details. He implemented my approach. Around a month later when he visited his doctors, they were amazed at his change. They told him "I don't know what you had done, but just keep doing it."

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jan 2022, 2:00 pm

@ Jimmy M ,What a experience and even though it had happened to you and getting through it. you gave hope and helped another person in very similiar circumstances . btw , thank for surviving your experience/ stroke . And making it back here too. Its almost like you had a purpose to help another human . :D

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

27 Jan 2022, 2:40 pm

I'm glad to see you posting again!

I used to be split into two personalities without any physical trauma, as a coping strategy for the life I lived... one layer of me was experiencing violent emotions, the other was curiously observing the first one and making notes. I stuck to the rational one as it was making better decisions but as the rift between the two rose, I started to fall apart not knowing what was real and what wasn't...

I put a lot of effort with a help from a good therapist into integrating the two layers. Making them work together as me, not against each other.

I don't know how my experience relates to the two brain theory but my bottom line is: both the halves are you. If they fight for domination, things are wrong. They are meant to work together, supplementing each other. That's how one is Whole.

<not moderating PPR stuff concerning East Europe>