I wish I were neurotypical

Page 4 of 4 [ 58 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Edna3362
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2022, 9:31 am

Joe90 wrote:
I'm not after tips. I spend too much time thinking about autism, which gets me down. I come to WP and all it is is ''us and them'', ''you think you know empathy but you don't'', ''nobody will like you because you're autistic'', ''you look crazy when you're in public even if you think you are being normal'', ''NTs are all group thinkers, autistics are lone thinkers'', ''autism has 1000 physical illnesses that go with it'', and so on. It's not just about being accepted by other people, it's how isolating it feels whenever I read anything about it. All I want to feel is human. And the only way to feel human is to have as little amount of people knowing I have ''autism'' as possible. Also to keep away from autism sites. But I'm too addicted, and it's no good saying stupid things like ''oh go for a walk instead'' or something stupid because I can still access WP at any time. It's my only way to get the thoughts out to people that I can't tell the outside world, because the outside world is where I want to be normal.

And there lies the issue.
Also believing in everything everyone says.

Not sure if I have the words.
But the mind is funny this way -- it doesn't do "negative statements" well.

Not in context of offensive or a downer news -- humans are suceptible to that.
But in context of screaming "NO", "DONT", etc.

Kept screaming of "stop thinking about autism"? That won't work.

The same manner of cursing autism doesn't make you less attached to it. It's evidently the opposite.

How to stop thinking about autism?
:lol: You transcend them.
It doesn't matter if it's through seeing autism as a blessing or a curse.

One just simply just see it as a small part of something bigger and beyond.

Like how everyone is awkward once in a while. Or everyone gets bullied. Or everyone can be clumsy and forgetful.
Or the classic nobody is perfect.

But that's not how it is for me.

Seeing everyone past the labels and straight to their status as a human is very easy for me.

Not because I "want" or like being a human -- in fact it's the opposite. :lol:
I don't like being "human". I'd rather be an asocial, alexithymic, overly rational autistic who cannot blend their uncanny valley to be labelled either a robot or an alien.

Like how you're "worried" about having to deal with autism, I'm "worried" about having to deal with humanity both mine and everyone's.

:oops: But being human is beyond autism and neurotypicality itself. Kinda why it's easier for me.

"Normal", eh?
There is no normal.

Only either people who adjusts well or is good at facades, who can change levels in everyone and being able comprehend things, no matter how healthy or messed up the society or a social circle is.

NTs don't usually level with autistics.
And some autistics tried too hard leveling with NTs.

:P I aim to break the stupid belief that NTs/allistic can only do X when NDs/autistics can't.

Lose more time here - Updates at least once a week.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2022, 6:16 pm

Joe90 wrote:
[ Also to keep away from autism sites. But I'm too addicted, and it's no good saying stupid things like ''oh go for a walk instead'' or something stupid because I can still access WP at any time. It's my only way to get the thoughts out to people that I can't tell the outside world, because the outside world is where I want to be normal. .

Yeah I get it. Ironically I'm addicted to this site and I don't know why?

Sorry I'll stop giving tips, I realise you are only wanting to share your feelings/thoughts. Now that you mention it I am a little programmed that way that there needs to be a purpose behind posting. I guess you are right.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2022, 6:21 pm

Edna3362 wrote:

NTs don't usually level with autistics.
And some autistics tried too hard leveling with NTs.

:P I aim to break the stupid belief that NTs/allistic can only do X when NDs/autistics can't.

There's a saying that the "grass is always greener on the other side", It's human nature to want what other's have. I posted a video some months ago of two lab monkeys getting food as a reward for completing a task and the moment you reward one monkey differently the other get's aggressive and bangs his/her enclosure out of frustration. FOMO is deeply rooted in our genes precisely because we are social animals.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2022, 7:01 pm

cyberdad wrote:
Joe90 wrote:
[ Also to keep away from autism sites. But I'm too addicted, and it's no good saying stupid things like ''oh go for a walk instead'' or something stupid because I can still access WP at any time. It's my only way to get the thoughts out to people that I can't tell the outside world, because the outside world is where I want to be normal. .

Yeah I get it. Ironically I'm addicted to this site and I don't know why?

Sorry I'll stop giving tips, I realise you are only wanting to share your feelings/thoughts. Now that you mention it I am a little programmed that way that there needs to be a purpose behind posting. I guess you are right.

It's OK, I wasn't aiming it at you. It's not easy to control addictions and it's not easy to distract yourself from your addiction when accessing your addiction takes no effort.
Addiction to internet sites is so unavoidable because of always having your phone in your pocket; a little internet device you can carry with you everywhere you go.
And I do love my phone. :lol:

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2022, 7:07 pm

Quote:
There's a saying that the "grass is always greener on the other side", It's human nature to want what other's have. I posted a video some months ago of two lab monkeys getting food as a reward for completing a task and the moment you reward one monkey differently the other get's aggressive and bangs his/her enclosure out of frustration. FOMO is deeply rooted in our genes precisely because we are social animals.

This is true, and I think part of my frustration with autism is because I feel like I have an "inner NT" inside me screaming to get out but the evil horrible autism is stopping it and it causes feelings of anger and frustration. I've always had FOMO and having autism means you're more likely to miss out on things your peers like doing.
I think I might be bineural. That's a word I've just invented, and it means being both autistic and neurotypical at the same time. I feel like I'm an "autistic NT". Sometimes I think I might feel better about myself if I identify as that.

Edna3362
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2022, 7:49 pm

Joe90 wrote:
Quote:

This is true, and I think part of my frustration with autism is because I feel like I have an "inner NT" inside me screaming to get out but the evil horrible autism is stopping it and it causes feelings of anger and frustration. I've always had FOMO and having autism means you're more likely to miss out on things your peers like doing.
I think I might be bineural. That's a word I've just invented, and it means being both autistic and neurotypical at the same time. I feel like I'm an "autistic NT". Sometimes I think I might feel better about myself if I identify as that.

I could relate somewhat.

Except it's not an inner NT that opposes autism.
It's a fully functioning adult, stuck and coping in an ill, sluggish, tired, untreated and unpredictable mind and body.

I had the privilege to actually for me and everyone around me to see and remark the difference.
The differences are clear -- inside and outside.

Lose more time here - Updates at least once a week.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2022, 10:08 pm

bineural! cool! it would be nice to seamlessly switch from one pathway to the other when needed.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jan 2022, 2:56 pm

I just got so frustrated because my speaking therapist announced she had been diagnosed with ADHD yet seemed to know very little about it. She seemed to think that ADHD only had A and B and nothing else, not depression or anxiety or anything, just impulsiveness and childhood hyperactivity. Well if it was only those two things then it wouldn't be a disorder worth diagnosing, would it? Everywhere I read about ADHD is said anxiety, depression and low self-esteem more so than what autism described as. Whenever I read about autism it centers more around special interests, repetitive behaviours, social problems and sensory issues. I know all that can cause anxiety but it's slightly different to the anxiety I have. My anxiety is more likely a co-morbid and part of ADHD, as hyperactivity isn't just about jumping on the furniture, it can also be cognitive (thinking too many thoughts all at once, catastrophic thinking, etc).
I nearly hung up the phone on her. For a therapist with ADHD, she doesn't seem to understand what ADHD is at all. It just made me disgruntled, that's all.

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jan 2022, 3:03 pm

Have you told her that her attitude is pissing you off?

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jan 2022, 3:10 pm

babybird wrote:
Have you told her that her attitude is pissing you off?

Well, it was hard to say as it might have upset her. Also I've only spoken to her once.