Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2022, 10:50 pm

Everything is sooo crazy in my life, I been getting the worse of luck, I been getting good luck too, but I’m getting more bad luck than good luck. I do want a guy, I want to be loved, I want to be in love again. I don’t know if it a good time to look for someone special. I can’t meet him, I have trouble walking. What do you guys think?

r00tb33r
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2022, 8:42 am

Check between the couch cushions, shouldn't be that far.

Best dates are always where you least expect them.

theprisoner
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2022, 9:13 am

Look for Therapist.

AQ: 27 Diagnosis:High functioning (just on the cusp of normal.) IQ:131 (somewhat inflated result but ego-flattering) DNA:XY Location: UK. Eyes: Blue. Hair: Brown. Height:6'1 Celebrity I most resemble: Tom hardy. Favorite Band: The Doors. Personality: uhhm ....(what can i say...we asd people are strange)

AspieAuthor18
Butterfly
Butterfly

24 Jan 2022, 11:16 pm

kitty4670, it is very difficult to find a relationship, much less a happy relationship for everyone, especially for persons with Asperger's because of our social difficulties. I have been wanting to get married for 40 years, but no luck. Neurotypicals think it is strange that I have never been married. Find things in your life that make you happy. Maybe one day you will locate Love.

AspieAuthor18
Butterfly
Butterfly

24 Jan 2022, 11:29 pm

kitty4670, I have difficulty walking too. Life can be hard, sorry.

UncannyDanny
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2022, 12:06 pm

I'm 31 years of age, and I STILL haven't found someone around my age to be in a relationship with, long-distance or in-person.

Will I EVER be able to find a special someone?

Well, I'll NEVER know.

Muse933277
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2022, 12:17 pm

Love is something mostly normies get to experience and the few autists that get lucky to find their partner early before being becoming completely bitter.

That’s why I wish I were a normie sometimes. If I were a 5 ft 10 normie male, I’d have had several girlfriends and had lots of sex and probably be married by 27-28 or some s**t.

Velorum
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2022, 12:19 pm

We are all different of course so it pointless giving specific advise - too many variables.

It may be helpful to hear of others experience so that you can reflect on what has worked not worked.

For me - having had three failed marriages and a number of short term relationships that ended badly I came to the conclusion that for me, having a relationship with a neurotypical person just doesnt work. I tried an autistic dating site for a short while but it didnt work for me. I then stopped looking. Best thing I ever did because thats when two of us found each other. We met whilst engaged in local autism networking and activism groups.

Non-binary member of the LGBTQ+ community

Muse933277
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2022, 12:28 pm

My sister is an attractive normie. Dating was on easy mode for her and she had lots of boyfriends throughout high school and the early twenties. She got married at 26 too and lived happily ever after. Right?…

Nope. Divorced at 30 and has other problems in her life too I’ll probably never have to deal with.

Even people on “the other side” have problems