Veteran
Veteran

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2022, 5:08 pm

My sweet embraceable Jew!

But seriously that is interesting.

Much of the Arab world is suddenly consumed by fear of Iran, a fear that exceeds their traditional hatred of Israel, and that drives them to make nice and to quietly make common cause with Israel. But the article is saying that the UAE is actually trying to woe Jewish refugees TO settle in the UAE, and away from going to Israel. Why are they doing that?

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2022, 6:24 pm

I feel it is good in one way as part of hostility is due to misstrust and fear. Actually meeting each other and the fear subsides.

I do see a big major mistake in this policy though and this is through experience of what has happened in my area and that is never to give housing and grants unless the local people can also get the same grants and free housing.

I say this because if the Jews are given free housing and other grants and the local Arabs who are without homes are not given free housing, they will be rightfully jelous and blame the Jews when it was not the Jews fault.

We in Walea had a very similar issue where the EU decided to give grants to Polish people and where I live there was an extreme shortage of full time jobs along with a shortage of local athority housing, and they gave the Polish incomers free houses and the first choice in jobs when Tony Blair and then Gordon Brown were in power.
The locals blamed the Polish and could not see that it was both the EU and the Blair/Brown government that had caused the mess!

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2022, 6:45 am

Mountain Goat wrote:
I feel it is good in one way as part of hostility is due to misstrust and fear. Actually meeting each other and the fear subsides.

I do see a big major mistake in this policy though and this is through experience of what has happened in my area and that is never to give housing and grants unless the local people can also get the same grants and free housing.

I say this because if the Jews are given free housing and other grants and the local Arabs who are without homes are not given free housing, they will be rightfully jelous and blame the Jews when it was not the Jews fault.

We in Walea had a very similar issue where the EU decided to give grants to Polish people and where I live there was an extreme shortage of full time jobs along with a shortage of local athority housing, and they gave the Polish incomers free houses and the first choice in jobs when Tony Blair and then Gordon Brown were in power.
The locals blamed the Polish and could not see that it was both the EU and the Blair/Brown government that had caused the mess!

That could well be an issue in most countries. I used to go to another autistic website ten years ago, and Australians on the site were upset about how refugees from some foreign trouble spot got stuff that poor locals didnt get there.

But the United Arab Emirates is an odd country where every actual citizen is rolling in oil money (though they have resident guest workers from other countries to do the hard work and be servants, and those folks are treated like dirt usually). So in the UAE you dont have actual citizens living in poverty. So it actually it makes sense for the government to give you tons of luxury stuff -it has to just bring you up to being equal to the locals so to speak.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2022, 6:57 am

naturalplastic wrote:
My sweet embraceable Jew!

But seriously that is interesting.

Much of the Arab world is suddenly consumed by fear of Iran, a fear that exceeds their traditional hatred of Israel, and that drives them to make nice and to quietly make common cause with Israel. But the article is saying that the UAE is actually trying to woe Jewish refugees TO settle in the UAE, and away from going to Israel. Why are they doing that?

It’s because of Biden in power, both Israel and the arabs don’t want a nuclear Iran.