Howard Stern says hospitals should ban anti-vaxxers: 'GO HOM

Page 1 of 4 [ 58 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2022, 10:38 pm

Howard Stern says hospitals should ban anti-vaxxers: 'GO HOME AND DIE'
'They have been given plenty of opportunity to get the vaccine,' shock jock says

https://vancouversun.com/entertainment/ ... me-and-die

I understand his frustration.

VegetableMan
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2022, 3:51 am

Why stop there? Maybe we should ban everyone who engages in risky behavior, like say rock climbing. What about those who take poor care of themselves by eating a steady diet of junk food and become obese?

Oscar Meyer Lansky

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2022, 4:54 am

VegetableMan wrote:
Why stop there? Maybe we should ban everyone who engages in risky behavior, like say rock climbing. What about those who take poor care of themselves by eating a steady diet of junk food and become obese?

Motorcycles are very high risk. Just saying.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2022, 10:25 am

Didn't Howard Stern say he was going to be less of an as*hole going forward? This doesn't exactly reflect that.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2022, 10:26 am

Howard Stern is still alive?!

He stopped being relevant decades ago.

Like, when he was 12 . . .

Matrix Glitch
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2022, 10:56 am

Fnord wrote:
Howard Stern is still alive?!

He stopped being relevant decades ago.

Like, when he was 12 . . .

According to your profile he was around 16 when you were 12.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2022, 10:58 am

Matrix Glitch wrote:
Fnord wrote:
Howard Stern is still alive?!  He stopped being relevant decades ago.  Like, when he was 12 . . .
According to your profile was around 16 when you were 12. Are you sure you're not thinking of Rick Dees?
The other "King of Sleaze"?  Possibly.  Maybe both.

Matrix Glitch
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2022, 11:16 am

Fnord wrote:
Matrix Glitch wrote:
Fnord wrote:
Howard Stern is still alive?!  He stopped being relevant decades ago.  Like, when he was 12 . . .
According to your profile was around 16 when you were 12. Are you sure you're not thinking of Rick Dees?
The other "King of Sleaze"?  Possibly.  Maybe both.

I said Rick Dees as a joke. But then I realized he didn't go back that far either. According to piecemeal "research" I just did, Howard Stern is currently in the number 10 or 11 spot of the most popular radio personalities, with Joe Rogan topping the list.

Matrix Glitch
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2022, 11:21 am

Anyways, Stern is a (possibly washed up) "shock jock". He's supposed to say outrageous things. In other words, it doesn't mean much coming from him.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2022, 11:32 am

Any 'jock' that reports more than news, weather, traffic, and maybe sports is not worth my time.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2022, 12:28 pm

Interesting responses comparing accidents to a disease we have vaccines for. Apples to oranges, IMO. I get why he’s so frustrated with people who refuse to get vaccinated against a now ~preventable disease and then jam up hospitals and take medical resources away from others.

VegetableMan
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2022, 1:02 pm

Another issue that needs to be discussed is why the richest country in the world can't address the problem of limited ICU beds. Hell, in 2018 the regular flu virus taxed hospitals to the point they had to treat people in tents.

We have unlimited money for endless wars, but we can't find enough to fix our problems back home.

Oscar Meyer Lansky

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2022, 1:15 pm

VegetableMan wrote:
Another issue that needs to be discussed is why the richest country in the world can't address the problem of limited ICU beds. Hell, in 2018 the regular flu virus taxed hospitals to the point they had to treat people in tents.

We have unlimited money for endless wars, but we can't find enough to fix our problems back home.

We should probably also address America and Americans referring to the USA as the richest country in the world when according to google, depending on which metric one uses, it’s either Luxembourg by GDP per capita, or China for net worth.

https://www.google.ca/search?q=richest+ ... ent=safari

But otherwise I agree. Overseas firework shows are why you can’t have nice things at home. It’s pretty gross.

Redpaws
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

24 Jan 2022, 1:16 pm

goldfish21 wrote:
Howard Stern says hospitals should ban anti-vaxxers: 'GO HOME AND DIE'
'They have been given plenty of opportunity to get the vaccine,' shock jock says
I agree 100% with what he says. If people don't have any real medical reason not to take the vaccine, they should not take up hospital resources or add to the burden of our nurses and other health workers should they contract covid. Taking the vaccine is free, easy, safe and takes an absolute minimal effort. There is no excuse not to take it. I support Macron's decision to go after anti-vaxxers every way he can, I support mandatory vaccination, and punishing those who don't vaccinate (without medic al reason, they are exempt). And there is no reason to try to get as many as possible sick. It's an unnecessary risk for those who get seriously ill/ or even die, and it increases the risks of yet another variant, and we never know what SARS-CoV-2 will mutate to next.

No terror, no war. No sympathy for terrorists or their supporters and sympathizers

Matrix Glitch
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2022, 1:16 pm

VegetableMan wrote:

From what I heard the problem is hospitals have staff shortages. But weren't a bunch of healthcare workers fired for refusing to be vaccinated? Seems like there's some irony involved here.

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2022, 7:27 pm

goldfish21 wrote:
Interesting responses comparing accidents to a disease we have vaccines for. Apples to oranges, IMO.

Well, I threw in motorcycles because I know you ride recreationally from another thread, i.e. are choosing to engage in a high risk activity (my nurse exes universally refer to them as "donorcycles" due to how many riders they saw in the ER), and was wondering how you square that with your position here.

I think obesity is the better comparison, a largely preventable condition that causes many health problems that undoubtedly place greater strain on the medical infrastructure and drive up costs, and yet no one is suggesting we deny those people care. They even have their own movement to "de-stigmatize" being overweight, which is at least as "anti science" as vaccine skepticism, particularly when it's not across the board skepticism but rather contained to this specific, very new vaccine that uses novel technology, and the mandates forcing people to get it.