Howard Stern says hospitals should ban anti-vaxxers: 'GO HOM

Page 3 of 4 [ 58 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2022, 11:52 am

Mikah wrote:
Before anyone gets too giddy about what they are going to do to anti-vaxxers, there is some data now that suggests that the vaccines actually make you more vulnerable to Covid...
Link to valid evidence, please?

Mikah
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2022, 11:57 am

Fnord wrote:
Mikah wrote:
Before anyone gets too giddy about what they are going to do to anti-vaxxers, there is some data now that suggests that the vaccines actually make you more vulnerable to Covid...
Link to valid evidence, please?

I thought you were following my tin-foil hat thread.

viewtopic.php?f=21&t=400732&start=32#p8936909

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2022, 12:09 pm

Anti-Vaxxer and Covid-Denier Steve Kirsch is a promoter of misinformation about COVID-19 and COVID-19 vaccines.

I asked for VALID evidence, not baseless claims by some off-the-wall blogger with no medical background.

His bogus claims are debunked
 Here 

If the vaccine is highly lethal, it has to be highly lethal everywhere. Finding one country that had some excess deaths at the same time as vaccinations doesn’t prove the vaccine is deadly, because those deaths could also be from covid. But finding one country, where there was mass vaccination with no excess deaths is good proof that the vaccine is not deadly. I just pointed to 6 countries as proof.

At least this time you did not post a YouTube video.

:roll:

Mikah
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2022, 12:19 pm

Fnord wrote:
Anti-Vaxxer and Covid-Denier Steve Kirsch is a promoter of misinformation about COVID-19 and COVID-19 vaccines.

I asked for VALID evidence, not baseless claims by some off-the-wall blogger with no medical background.

Here 

If the vaccine is highly lethal, it has to be highly lethal everywhere. Finding one country that had some excess deaths at the same time as vaccinations doesn’t prove the vaccine is deadly, because those deaths could also be from covid. But finding one country, where there was mass vaccination with no excess deaths is good proof that the vaccine is not deadly. I just pointed to 6 countries as proof.

I should have guessed that you would not even read what was written but immediately attack the messenger. This is why you remain ignorant Fnord. He is not making wild unsubstantiated claims, in this instance he is talking about the results of a study here (from which the screenshot in my post is taken): https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1101 ... 3.full.pdf and he helpfully provides additional Omicron data from European countries that backs up the study's analysis.

VegetableMan
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2022, 4:36 pm

Mikah wrote:
Fnord wrote:

Here 

I should have guessed that you would not even read what was written but immediately attack the messenger. This is why you remain ignorant Fnord.

Then, he complains when others attack the messenger. Heh!

As far as the study goes, I've come across it, but I haven't gone into it to it it any depth. Something for me to research, anyway.

Oscar Meyer Lansky

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2022, 5:34 pm

VegetableMan wrote:
Vaccinations don't protect you from either getting Covid or transmitting it, they just lessen the severity of the symptoms and give us a higher probability of surviving it.

Uh-huh.. and that’s the whole point. Better outcomes for our vaccinated selves AND for our healthcare systems that aren’t put under such severe strain unnecessarily.

VegetableMan
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2022, 6:24 pm

goldfish21 wrote:
VegetableMan wrote:
Vaccinations don't protect you from either getting Covid or transmitting it, they just lessen the severity of the symptoms and give us a higher probability of surviving it.

Uh-huh.. and that’s the whole point. Better outcomes for our vaccinated selves AND for our healthcare systems that aren’t put under such severe strain unnecessarily.

You made the point that you can't compare risky behavior with contagious diseases, when vaccines don't stop the spread of the disease. That's the point.

Oscar Meyer Lansky

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2022, 6:40 pm

Mikah wrote:
Before anyone gets too giddy about what they are going to do to anti-vaxxers, there is some data now that suggests that the vaccines actually make you more vulnerable to Covid in the long term as well as a suite of other potential nasty side effects that may make themselves apparent in the years to come. What if... you were wrong and the vaccinated start filling up hospitals?

The final redeeming arc of this story may be some smirking health official laying out why the vaccinated are barred from hospitals while he calmly reminds everyone that "you didn't have to take it."

I've gotten my vaccines and a booster, and I have yet to get Covid or have any side effects. Nor do I expect any.
I suspect if the vaccine would cause people to end up in the hospital, we'd be seeing it by now.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2022, 10:02 pm

VegetableMan wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
VegetableMan wrote:

You made the point that you can't compare risky behavior with contagious diseases, when vaccines don't stop the spread of the disease. That's the point.

You seem to have very black and white all or nothing thinking. Just because the vaccines don't completely stop the spread of the disease does not mean they aren't beneficial. Covid-19 is reduced to a cold/flu in Most vaccinated people, and rates of serious covid or hospitalization are far lower. There's still a massive benefit to healthcare systems (and personal health!) for people to be vaccinated.

Mikah
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jan 2022, 5:25 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
I suspect if the vaccine would cause people to end up in the hospital, we'd be seeing it by now.

If you trust the television then yeah we're not "seeing it", but that doesn't mean it isn't happening. Most goodthink stations don't run negative stories about vaccines because they don't want to cause vaccine hesitancy.

Have at look at my thread, and actually read it. There is a lot in there. The American "vaccine miracle" is in serious doubt - the CDC can't be trusted - they've been caught lying and fiddling with data more than once. In parts of Europe and less corrupt jurisdictions, the data often shows there is something going on. Exactly what is not certain, but there is a good chance the vaccines are doing more harm than good. All cause mortality is up compared to no-vaccine 2020, short term spikes in mortality are found in specific age groups - closely following vaccine rollouts in a given age group. Proof, no, but mighty suspicious.

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jan 2022, 6:26 am

naturalplastic wrote:
Three kinds of dishonesty in your argument.

Nope, you just can't seem to follow me, there's a lot of that going around.

naturalplastic wrote:
1)That IS and ALWAYS was the topic. Howard Stern said "I have the right to live" [ie that he Stern and you and I have the right to not catch the contagion] right there in the linked article. He is talking about contagion, and we on this thread are all talking about what he said. So we are also talking about contagion.

The argument we were having was regarding denying people healthcare based on their decision to take an unnecessary risk, whether that risk involved a contagious disease or a dangerous leisure activity is irrelevant to that argument, whatever Howard Stern might have said in his interview. We weren't debating every single thing Stern said, only one specific aspect, so other things he might have said have no bearing.

naturalplastic wrote:
2)you're the one either "moving the goal post" or unable to see where the goal post was in the first place. Stop projecting your own sins onto others please.

LOL, I'm not even sure you know the meaning of that expression based on this comment, as I most certainly did not, having presented two hypotheticals to challenge a position, to which I've received a series of tap-dancing non-answers and complete silence respectively. I know you thought this looked like a good opportunity to shiv me, I've been clocking you waiting for just such a moment, but this wasn't it, though trying to use my own move on me was cute, if a tad cliche.

naturalplastic wrote:
3)You know full well that even if contagion wasnt the topic of the original post of this thread it still should be the topic of discussion for the obvious reason that Covid is contagious, and motorcyle injuries are not. Contagion is the issue facing the nation.

Oh, you're a mind reader, since you claim to know what I know, and further, you think you somehow know what the thread should have been about, despite not participating in the original exchange? That's a bit of hubris, if I do say so.

naturalplastic wrote:
Antivaxxers are BOTH fools (for injuring themselves),AND bastards (for hurting the rest of us). They maybe nice people, but on this issue they are fools and bastards.

Maybe, maybe not, time will tell, though at this point it would almost be worth suffering some vaccine side effects myself just to smack the smug off of half the country.

naturalplastic wrote:

I think Stern is being a bit extreme. Maybe he is just trying to fight crazy with crazy. But I get where he is coming from.

He's a professional jerk, it's what he does, says provocative things for money. I don't particularly care either way, I don't listen to him and his opinions have no impact on me, so this whole thing is academic as far as I'm concerned.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jan 2022, 6:59 am

Mikah wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

If you trust the television then yeah we're not "seeing it", but that doesn't mean it isn't happening. Most goodthink stations don't run negative stories about vaccines because they don't want to cause vaccine hesitancy.

Have at look at my thread, and actually read it. There is a lot in there. The American "vaccine miracle" is in serious doubt - the CDC can't be trusted - they've been caught lying and fiddling with data more than once. In parts of Europe and less corrupt jurisdictions, the data often shows there is something going on. Exactly what is not certain, but there is a good chance the vaccines are doing more harm than good. All cause mortality is up compared to no-vaccine 2020, short term spikes in mortality are found in specific age groups - closely following vaccine rollouts in a given age group. Proof, no, but mighty suspicious.

Not just depending on TV news. As I said, I've been vaccinated, and so have my wife and daughter, and have had no ill effects. In fact, no one I know who's been vaccinated for Covid has had any problem, nor do I expect any.

Mikah
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jan 2022, 7:35 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
Not just depending on TV news. As I said, I've been vaccinated, and so have my wife and daughter, and have had no ill effects. In fact, no one I know who's been vaccinated for Covid has had any problem, nor do I expect any.

I was about to tear you a new one. But before that I must check.
1) Is this a serious argument? You think because neither you nor people you know have personally experienced something, that it isn't happening to other people?
2) <removed>
3) <removed>

Last edited by magz on 27 Jan 2022, 6:26 am, edited 1 time in total.: Personal attack removed

SpiceWolf
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jan 2022, 9:21 am

goldfish21 wrote:
There isn't a pandemic of motorcycle accidents robbing medical resources from cancer, heart, and surgical patients - it's unvaccinated covid patients doing that - and their condition is largely preventable via a few simple shots in the arm.

That is categorically and provably untrue.

1) It's the vaccinated filling up Covid wards.

Yes, the politicians, are saying that it's 99% unvaccinated. But the actual health data says something quite different, the politicians are simply bullshitting.

In NSW in the week ending 8th Jan(the latest data as of 20th)
159,127 patients were vaccinated,
1,468 patients partially vaccinated,
779 patients unvaccinated.
18,343 were ineligable for vaccination.(under 11 years of age).

*page 26
https://www.health.nsw.gov.au/Infectiou ... 220120.pdf

At present the unvaccinated make up substantially less than 1% of all diagnosed cases, the number of unvaccinated people contracting covid is so incredibly low, that they simply have no meaningful effect on hospital usage.
(Edit : Added Hyperlink)

Last edited by SpiceWolf on 26 Jan 2022, 9:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jan 2022, 9:23 am

SpiceWolf wrote:
It's the vaccinated filling up Covid wards.
Evidence, please?

And by "evidence", I mean something other than a Facebook post, a Twitter tweet, a random blog, or a YouTube video.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jan 2022, 9:25 am

According to emergency room physicians (who really don't have a stake in having a political opinion about vaccination or COVID):

The ones who go on to the ICU are overwhelmingly unvaccinated.

The ones who are triply vaccinated are the ones who go home from the emergency room, and are not admitted to the hospital. Many people panic when they get a positive COVID test, and go into the emergency room so they can get a doctor's opinion.