Page 1 of 6 [ 88 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2022, 12:57 pm

https://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/national-international/man-throws-things-at-fairfield-robeks-employees-after-son-has-allergic-reaction-to-smoothie-pd/3510387/?amp

I am conflicted on this. I don’t condone his actions, but I can understand his frustration given his son’s allergy.

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

Matrix Glitch
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2022, 1:19 pm

Sounds like the family should stick to homemade smoothies.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2022, 2:10 pm

Sounds like CPAC's got another guest speaker.

"If you stick a knife in my back 9 inches and pull it out 6 inches, there's no progress. If you pull it all the way out, that's not progress. The progress is healing the wound that the blow made... and they won't even admit the knife is there." Malcolm X
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2022, 2:30 pm

Quote:
He is not a racist individual and deeply regrets his statements and actions during a moment of extreme emotional stress

Why is it that when these so called "non racists" get upset or pissed, they all of a sudden sprout racism out of their mouth? Even racism don't cross my mind when I am angry at someone. Why not just admit they have racism rooted deep inside them and it takes anger for it to come out?

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2022, 2:57 pm

I believe he was justifiably angry, but that his anger was unjustifiably expressed.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2022, 3:51 pm

I think if he had only shouted and yelled but didn't do assault and sprout out racism, he wouldn't have been arrested. Even if he has insulted them with "You people deaf, I said no peanut butter and you did it anyway, do you realize people have allergies, what are you? Stupid?" and no assault, no arrest would have been made.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

Doberdoofus
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2022, 6:06 pm

There is currently a petition on Reddit to make James Iannazzo's photo the profile pic of the byebyejob sub :oops:

Don't be so eager to be offended. The narcissism of small differences leads to the most boring kind of conformity.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2022, 6:11 pm

The sad thing is that righteous indignation will prevent him from ever absorbing the lesson.

"If you stick a knife in my back 9 inches and pull it out 6 inches, there's no progress. If you pull it all the way out, that's not progress. The progress is healing the wound that the blow made... and they won't even admit the knife is there." Malcolm X
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2022, 6:13 pm

OMG - that was scary. Those women were in such danger of him pulling a gun. I wish they had barricaded themselves in the back in the freezer room or something. That was really dangerous. The guy was psycho.

TheRobotLives
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2022, 6:17 pm

The guy appears dumb for ordering a smoothie that comes with peanut butter, but has to be optionally removed.

The guy appears dumb to believe minimum wage earning high school kids can be trusted to get orders right.

The guy appears dumb for not verifying his order when he picked it up.

I find it hard to believe he's this dumb on a life/death issue.

Be the hero of your life.

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2022, 6:24 pm

League_Girl wrote:
Why is it that when these so called "non racists" get upset or pissed, they all of a sudden sprout racism out of their mouth? Even racism don't cross my mind when I am angry at someone. Why not just admit they have racism rooted deep inside them and it takes anger for it to come out?

When the limbic system kicks in, a different part of the brain takes over that you don't really have conscious control of, and that part of the brain also controls the sort of reflexive cursing that many people do under stress or pain (yelling "sh!t!" when someone cuts you off in traffic, or "f**k!" when you hit your thumb with a hammer). Those outbursts actually come from a different area of the brain than normal speech, which is the reason that some tourette syndrome patients randomly curse (rather than blurt out non-taboo words) as the disorder effects that area, IIRC the basal ganglia, which is also strongly tied to adrenaline response. What all this means is that there is a part of the brain that kicks in under adrenaline, such as during a conflict, controls "taboo" words and expressions, and is largely autonomous from conscious control, which can cause things like relatively normal people screaming racial slurs during a fight, as that part of their brain reached for something to hurt their opponent with, and grabbed the most potent thing it could find, all without them consciously choosing to do it, as it's an instinctive survival system.

Or, the guy could just be a jerk, or some combination, who really knows?

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2022, 6:30 pm

Doberdoofus wrote:
There is currently a petition on Reddit to make James Iannazzo's photo the profile pic of the byebyejob sub :oops:

I hate those people, that sub is the worst place on the internet.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2022, 6:31 pm

I know a young man who was shot and killed by a psycho who walked into his family's little restaurant.
His parents and siblings were in the back cooking and he was at the counter.
He was shot dead in front of them.
The place didn't even get robbed.

I hope anyone who sees something like this video realises you have to take cover.

It's not the time and place to argue with someone especially if they threaten you like this fool did (throwing things, going behind the counter).

Take cover. Call police. Chances are the person will keep ranting and / or loot the place, so you can still make an audio recording for police. Lock the door if they leave, but not if it means putting yourself in danger near a glass window.

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2022, 6:32 pm

If he’s that upset that his son got sick, why isn’t he with him instead of attacking people?
I would have sent a lawyer.

Doberdoofus
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2022, 6:33 pm

Dox47 wrote:
Doberdoofus wrote:

I hate those people, that sub is the worst place on the internet.

I don't subscribe, just search what's 'hot'.

Don't be so eager to be offended. The narcissism of small differences leads to the most boring kind of conformity.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2022, 6:34 pm

I had a somewhat-similar problem at McDonald's when my daughter was a baby. She ended up in hospital because of them. I didn't argue in the McDonald's but rather got medical care for my child, and then called legal counsel.