I felt crazy this morning

Page 2 of 2 [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Doberdoofus
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jan 2022, 8:05 pm

RetroGamer87 wrote:
Doberdoofus wrote:
babies can pick up on emotional cues from others, they can pick up on stress and negative emotions, then can sense bad vibes.
Oh well in that case she's doomed.

Not necessarily as children can also be very resilient in the face of adversity.

Don't be so eager to be offended. The narcissism of small differences leads to the most boring kind of conformity.

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2022, 11:30 pm

Her newest habit is doing all the housework really really fast before I have a chance to do any so she can claim that I never do any houseowork.

We had to put some garden waste and an old paintcan in the bin. I told her I can do it myself but she insisted on coming with me. I got momentarily distracted and then she'd put all the garden waste in the been. I thought that I could at least put the paint can in the bin. She said the paint had dryed out but I wanted to double check because that's the only can we have that matches the colour of our walls. I went inside to get a knife to open the can up and then came out just as she had put the can in the bin and started complaining about how I made her do all the work.

I don't know if she does this on purpose or by accident. I felt so mad about it. I'm unemployed, I'm useless at parenting and now she won't even let me do basic garden tasks? I just feel so disempowered.

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2022, 11:56 pm

They won't shut up! They keep having these loud endless conversations while I'm trying to concentrate on things. They're always talking in loud Mandarin. I can't speak Chinese so it just sounds like the worst kind of white noise. It's like the opposite sound of the soothing sound generated by a white noise machine.

But I can't react to anything. They already think I'm a lunatic but if I get angry about anything they'll think I'm even more of a lunatic.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

07 Feb 2022, 9:56 pm

What happened to your job? Covid killed it or unemployed by choice or ? Commenting on that specifically because maaaaybe what you need is another job so your time is occupied and you're busy doing something routinely again and won't have the same chances of being frustrated by the rest of the household as now.

ThisTimelessMoment
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

08 Feb 2022, 1:18 am

This sounds like a crazy situation. I'm sorry you are having to deal with it.

The throwing a table out of a building and then coming up with a "reasonable" reason for doing it speaks to me of suppressed anger.

Sometimes the only thing available is taking time out for self care. And nature is the best place for that.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2022, 6:25 am

Obviously your unemployed status is the source of her grudge and lack of respect, a very conditional love, if any.

Apparently she doesn’t see you as a partner anymore.

Are you sure she did ever… love you?