People think we are a couple!

Page 1 of 2 [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2022, 12:19 pm

There is this woman in my social group and everyone always asks me if we are a couple and together.

Do you think it's strange people ask me this all the time?

I hope its not because I look older than my age of 32? The woman I am talking about is 47 by the way.

txfz1
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2022, 12:35 pm

Could be wishful thinking on their part wanting to match ya'll together, they may also be trying to give you the hint she may have a crush on you.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2022, 12:37 pm

Are you always staring at her?  Are you always near her?  Are you always talking with her?

Maybe the others notice how much attention you pay to her, and then assume the obvious.

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2022, 12:38 pm

txfz1 wrote:
Could be wishful thinking on their part wanting to match ya'll together, they may also be trying to give you the hint she may have a crush on you.

Have you ever had this happen to you as well?

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2022, 12:38 pm

Fnord wrote:
Are you always staring at her?  Are you always near her?  Are you always talking with her?

Maybe the others notice how much attention you pay to her, and then assume the obvious.

Maybe yeah

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2022, 12:42 pm

Jamesy wrote:
Fnord wrote:
Are you always staring at her?  Are you always near her?  Are you always talking with her?  Maybe the others notice how much attention you pay to her, and then assume the obvious.
Maybe yeah
Does she know how obsessed you are with her?

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2022, 12:44 pm

Fnord wrote:
Jamesy wrote:
Fnord wrote:
Are you always staring at her?  Are you always near her?  Are you always talking with her?  Maybe the others notice how much attention you pay to her, and then assume the obvious.
Maybe yeah

I am not into her really

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2022, 1:01 pm

Jamesy wrote:
Fnord wrote:
Jamesy wrote:
Fnord wrote:
Maybe yeah
I am not into her really
Suuuuuurrre . . .

:lol:

That is why this is the second (or is it the third?) thread you have started that mentions her.

rse92
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2022, 1:38 pm

Jamesy wrote:
Fnord wrote:
Jamesy wrote:
Fnord wrote:
Maybe yeah

I am not into her really

Where there is smoke there is fire.

theprisoner
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2022, 1:40 pm

Jamesy wrote:
I am not into her really

You should give her a chance. If she's so into you... She has all her teeth right?

AQ: 27 Diagnosis:High functioning (just on the cusp of normal.) IQ:131 (somewhat inflated result but ego-flattering) DNA:XY Location: UK. Eyes: Blue. Hair: Brown. Height:6'1 Celebrity I most resemble: Tom hardy. Favorite Band: The Doors. Personality: uhhm ....(what can i say...we asd people are strange)

RightGalaxy
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2022, 1:53 pm

Fnord wrote:

:D

Last edited by RightGalaxy on 25 Jan 2022, 2:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

RightGalaxy
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2022, 1:54 pm

theprisoner wrote:
Jamesy wrote:
I am not into her really

You should give her a chance. If she's so into you... She has all her teeth right?

8O

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2022, 2:02 pm

Maybe some people just look like there meant to be together as well.

RightGalaxy
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2022, 2:06 pm

Carefully analyze who is asking. If the ones asking know her or you, they may have gotten the impression that one of you or both is interested. It's also possible she's been wanting some sort of connection, talks about it when you're not around and is asking for help. That's how they're helping. Like salespeople in a high-end clothing store. They say, "You seem to like this sort of jacket. Why don't you try it on?". Some people are eager to match people up so they stop whining about their loneliness. The whining makes them feel guilty. They don't like it when they have and others "have not". Or if there is an incredible age difference, this validates a theory that love has no boundaries. Or it's just a big curiousity to them - more gossip fodder.

RightGalaxy
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2022, 2:16 pm

Jamesy wrote:
Maybe some people just look like there meant to be together as well.

I think you mean to be together with this person. Why do you keep on posting about it? It's nice to have a special someone. Are you nervous about something? Do you need the old, "Go ahead" (from a bunch of strangers)? Are you afraid of being judged about something? If you have a need or a want, and people can't fill it, they have no right to talk badly about you. A lot of people made crude remarks about my love life but NOBODY tried to alleviate the pain I was feeling from loneliness. Nobody even made an attempt to introduce me to others. So I found a beautiful, wonderful man on my own and got nothing but contempt from the talkers/gossipers.

RightGalaxy
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2022, 2:22 pm

Jamesy wrote:
Fnord wrote:
Jamesy wrote:
Fnord wrote:
Maybe yeah

I am not into her really[/quote.
If you're not, then don't stick around and give her false hope. It's not nice. :evil: