Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 

ironpony
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jan 2022, 6:18 pm

I have ED issues, which I mentioned here a couple of times before in the past. My gf suggested I try marijuana now that it's legal, and she said she heard it can help ED. I am not use to it since I have hardly done in the past. But I tried it and she was right and it worked. But what is it about marijuana than can help ED?

I tried looking it up, but when I do so, I get opposite search results where it talks about how it's a cause of ED, rather than being a cure for it. Does anyone know more about this out of curiosity?

Noca
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jan 2022, 10:18 pm

Cannabis, certain strains anyways, can help stimulate appetite making you feel hungrier, food taste better, and increase the amount of food you can eat before you feel full. Too large of a dose all at once can cause you to puke. There is also a risk of cannabinoid-induced hyperemesis syndrome(CHS) which is a condition that can develop, typically from long-term daily users that causes extreme nausea and vomiting which can only be treated by stopping cannabis, though some people report that hot showers can temporarily ease symptoms. Some people may end up using cannabis daily for years and have no issues while others will end up with CHS. CHS goes away after stopping cannabis for about a month or so.

Withdrawal from cannabis if you are a daily user can cause essentially the opposite of whatever it was helping with for a short while, that is until your body gets back to normal.

I don't think cannabis will have any impact on underlying body image issues but it can help with anxiety(but in some cases can make anxiety worse, if not immediately it can over time). YMMV.

It's important to note that all cannabis is not the same and the effects vary from strain to strain. They may all draw from a common pool of possible effects, but some effects are more rare and others are more common. The various levels of different cannabinoids, terpenes, flavonoids, etc all influence what effects any given strain will have on you. Effects also vary from person to person with the same strain and there is even wide variation from one batch to another of even the same strain of cannabis.

If you do decide to go with cannabis, try buying a quality convection dry cannabis vaporizer, its the most cost-effective way to consume cannabis and after the initial investment of a vaporizer itself, the cost of the cannabis you will go through will only be a small fraction of that had you smoked, used oils, or made edibles instead. Don't use liquid cannabis vaporizers but stick to convection vaporizers that simply use dried cannabis instead. The vaporizer will end up paying for itself quite quickly. Those who complain about the cost of cannabis most likely smoke it, which has poor bioavailability compared to vaporizing, so much of it is wasted and goes up in smoke.

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2022, 5:39 pm

ironpony wrote:
I tried looking it up, but when I do so, I get opposite search results where it talks about how it's a cause of ED, rather than being a cure for it. Does anyone know more about this out of curiosity?

I'm just spitballing here, but ED is often psychological, so something that relaxes you and gets you out of your head a bit might help, along with the placebo effect as it was suggested that it could be helpful. That's all I got.

aspiemike
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jan 2022, 11:57 am

Maybe look into CBD oil instead of Marijuana altogether. CBD will relax you. But if you have anxiety, THC in Marijuana will not help

ironpony
Veteran
Veteran

01 Feb 2022, 1:05 am

Dox47 wrote:
ironpony wrote:

I'm just spitballing here, but ED is often psychological, so something that relaxes you and gets you out of your head a bit might help, along with the placebo effect as it was suggested that it could be helpful. That's all I got.

Oh okay. But if I have to take it in order to relax and get sexually aroused, does that mean I have a problem though, or is it nothing to be ashamed of and just keep doing it?

Kanashiihawk21
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

04 Feb 2022, 3:13 pm

NEVER, ever be ashamed! It is normal for nearly ALL men to have periods of ED due to stress fighting off long hitting viral infections (like cold/flu/mono, shingles etc) or even just less "sunlight" add to the mix a little stress and or mild depression and ta-da! Instant "salt peter mix". It can partially be "in the head". Sometimes the more you stress about "doing it" the more you get 'performance anxiety'. It might be better to try something over-the-counter first, sometimes there are lotions or creams that can, ah...add a nice pleasurable feeling (for both of you in all the right places).

More importantly I wanted to talk to you about using marijuana...It is a WONDERFUL plant. I am 58 yrs old and have epilepsy/PTSD/brain trauma/ and a host of other problems. I used to be on 18 different pills and pills for depression (psychiatric meds) and opioids to help with the pain of 33 surgeries and a bunch of intestine taken out and medical marijuana has saved my life...LITERALLY. Not only that, it has been a huge help in managing my aspergers/autism symptoms...What I mean by that is this:
Before I could NEVER have gone into a Walmart etc would be just to crowded and noisy for me. Now, while I am not THRILLED with it, I can get it done. Where before I was on 3 different depression/psych meds, I am now on...NONE. Where as before I was on two different high dose opioids, I am now on..None. I am still on HP meds and others but Medical Marijuana (MMJ) should be looked at by more physicians and healthcare providers. My son, who also has Aspergers (he is 35 yrs old now) also takes MMJ.
Things to be aware of when using MMJ (Medical Marijuana). Neither my son nor I smoke. We used dose edibles, butters, drinks, RSO and canna-capsules. Many people with ASD have much LOWER tolerances to THC, so stick with LOW THC and HIGH CBD versions of cannabis (talk to your Bud tender! or read about STRAIN types). Many people with ASD have BAD results with "sativa" leaning strains, so be wary...Can cause meltdowns, paranoia and depression in many! :heart: I am not a doctor nor do I pretend to be one...Always check with YOUR doctor. I only share what has worked for me. Best of health to all.

ironpony
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2022, 12:33 pm

Oh ok thanks. I meant though, of u have to take marijuana to get aroused dies that mean I have an attraction problem towards my gf? Shame in that way I meant.

marianadavies
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

12 Jan 2023, 2:34 pm

Well, for me, it's hard to say if marijuana helps with it because I've never read such information, but it can be true. I mean, it's not a treatment, of course, but It can make you more relaxed. But it's a really interesting topic, and I'll for sure look for some related information. Besides, I need it for my project. It's about the effect of marijuana on mental health conditions, but I think there will be a chance to add ED to all this. A friend of mine recommended me to use this link and read there marijuana essay examples, and maybe there will be something helpful. I saw there a paper about its' effect on mental health, so I think it's worth reading; besides, it'll help a lot with writing. And maybe, I'll be able to find some research to write more deeply.

ProfessorJohn
Veteran
Veteran

01 Apr 2023, 11:04 am

Marijuana can also cause the opposite effect, and long term use of it has been suggested to cause ED and lower testosterone.

RandoNLD
Toucan
Toucan

02 Apr 2023, 4:00 pm

The cannabinoid compounds in MJ and edibles are vasodilators, they increase the diameter of blood vessels, that is why people's eyes turn red after use and their blood pressure decreases. I'm not a medical professional, but from the little I've read and know from having worked in a weed-related lab, it might depend on what caused the ED. Glad to hear it worked though.

JimJohn
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

05 Apr 2023, 5:23 pm

I imagine alcohol would have a similar affect of relaxing someone.

Lots of people drink alcohol and have sex. Personally, I have always preferred to be sober but if someone is having trouble relaxing I imagine it is super common.

I guess the point I am making is that perhaps it is not rocket science.

If you want to experience rocket science, get a prescription for ED medicine. I am being Captain Obvious again … but they made drugs specifically for ED.

I am not really recommending that … but it helps to know things to put things in perspective. Nothing you do would compare to an ED drug. They can put you in the hospital with an erection that won’t go away.

You would not want to take one full strength. You would be walking around in public with an erection all day.