Veteran
Veteran

27 Jan 2022, 12:08 pm

Matrix Glitch wrote:
League_Girl wrote:
Matrix Glitch wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
Psychologist Karen Schiltz, who testified before the Los Angeles County Superior Court, said Brendan likely suffered from autism his entire life but was never diagnosed and that he would be 'victimized' if he were to be held in an LA County juvenile camp.

Re-read the claim being made, the title is misleading and harms credibility.

What makes you think he read it in the first place?

That is why I wrote people need to read their sources before they post it.

Since when does cyberdad ever read his source before posting it?

Or he misinterpreted this comment in the article:

Quote:
Khuri's attorney, Mark Werksman, said the teen was diagnosed with autism, depression and attention deficit disorder following the crash, where they claimed he sustained brain injuries, the Los Angeles Times reports.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jan 2022, 12:43 pm

Fnord wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
Psychologist Karen Schiltz, who testified before the Los Angeles County Superior Court, said Brendan likely suffered from autism his entire life but was never diagnosed and that he would be 'victimized' if he were to be held in an LA County juvenile camp.
Again, it is the old "Autism equals a 'Get Out Of Jail Free' card" ploy.

Commit the crime, do the time.

Like usual, the people making that claim fail to demonstrate it but seem to think that repeating it enough is synonymous with proving it.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jan 2022, 7:32 pm

Sorry i agree this story is about affluenza and the kid's wealthy father using a psychologist report to get the kid to not serve time,

However I stand by my comment that the lawyer defending Brendan Khuri claiming autism caused the car crash, According to the Daily Mail The defense lawyer Mark Werksman, said the teen was diagnosed with autism, depression and attention deficit disorder following the crash, where they claimed he sustained brain injuries, according to the Daily this was quoted from the Los Angeles Times

If the judge bought this defense then wasn't there a miscarriage of justice? Or the paper misquoted the lawyer from it's original source.

Last edited by cyberdad on 27 Jan 2022, 7:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jan 2022, 7:39 pm

Matrix Glitch wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
cyberdad wrote:

What makes you think he read it in the first place?

I know you don't like me but read the article rather than looking for ammunition. I agree the psychologist is likely correct, however, it seemed awfully convenient that Karen Schitz made this "remarkable" discovery after the trial that the kid's millionaire father never afforded a psych evaluation of the kid as a child which could have been bought as evidence that maybe the father already knew the kid was a potential risk.

If I recall the original "Affluenza" diagnosis was made by a forensic psychologist to get another wealthy kid from serving time for killing innocent people after a DUI. Psych reports are being abused by wealthy defendants.

txfz1
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jan 2022, 8:25 pm

Still brain injury does not cause autism. It can cause the person to have traits that are similar to autism traits, see Phineas Gage. As a person that is associated with autism, you should know better, imho.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jan 2022, 8:34 pm

txfz1 wrote:
Still brain injury does not cause autism. It can cause the person to have traits that are similar to autism traits, see Phineas Gage. As a person that is associated with autism, you should know better, imho.

I know that (probably better than many of you think) but I presented this as a way public knowledge/discourse on autism is distorted in the media.

The title was mean't to be sarcastic but I probably didn't make that clear and that's my fault.

txfz1
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jan 2022, 8:36 pm

Fair enough, thank you for the clarification.

Matrix Glitch
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jan 2022, 11:24 pm

cyberdad wrote:
I know you don't like me

I barely know who you are. I just know that you have a habit of not reading articles you post. I actually find it amusing.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jan 2022, 11:42 pm

Matrix Glitch wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
I know you don't like me

I barely know who you are. I just know that you have a habit of not reading articles you post. I actually find it amusing.

Ok, well the point of my posting the article was to open conversation on the use of "autism" in defense of a wild rich kid gone wild to the point where the defense did use the words "diagnosed with autism following his head trauma"

But if you prefer to look for holes in my posts then its a free world, so go ahead and be amused.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2022, 2:42 am

naturalplastic wrote:
Nothing to do with autism.

And everything to do with ...affluenza! :lol:

I was just thinking about that particular jackass kid and his inventive lawyer.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2022, 2:45 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
naturalplastic wrote:

His father is much worse

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2022, 2:46 am

Pretty sure car crashes do not cause autism.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2022, 3:23 am

cyberdad wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
naturalplastic wrote:

His father is much worse

Doesn't surprise me.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2022, 4:51 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
naturalplastic wrote:

His father is much worse

Doesn't surprise me.

Reading into the story he was a role model for his son's drag racing which suggests he bought the sports car specifically so his son could street race leading to the death of the young woman.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2022, 4:51 am

Sweetleaf wrote:
Pretty sure car crashes do not cause autism.

Kind of touched on this already...

Nemesis2k7
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

30 Jan 2022, 6:25 am

cyberdad wrote:
According to the Daily mail
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... etary.html

A lawyer for teen driver Brendan Khuri argued that the teen had been diagnosed with autism, depression and attention deficit disorder following a deadly February 2021 car crash??

The then 17 year-old who crashed a Lamborghini his multi-millionaire father James Khuri gave him a Urus SUV racing with his girlfriend at 100mph when it crashed into Monique Munoz on February 17, killing the secretary's car at 100mph and killed was only sentenced to just seven to nine months at a juvenile camp.

But Munzo's family demanded justice and said that the sentence was too light.

'House arrest in a mansion is not punishment,' Cynthia Crespin, Munoz's cousin, said in court last week. 'He took an innocent life in a careless and senseless way.'

I don't know what's worse? the Daily Mail for the way they reported this story, the lawyer for blatantly lying or the psychologist using autism to get the kid off serving time?

dailymail. grrr. nuff said. worst news source ever