Should we compare other genocides to the Holocaust?

Page 1 of 1 [ 16 posts ] 

chris1989
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jan 2022, 3:18 pm

Of course there have been many others acts of man's inhumanity to man in history both before the Holocaust happened and after the Holocaust happened but is it really right to compare them to this unique and horrific chapter in world history?

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jan 2022, 3:23 pm

Yes, why wouldn't they be different. Anything Nazis did, if others did the same as Nazis for example, human experiments then I see why not. If anything causes a form of genocide, I don't see how it's any different than Nazism.

Now the question is why do Nazis get this big credit for what they did? Why do we put our big focus on Jewish people when disabled people were also killed in the Holocaust and the mentally ill and LGBT and Gypsies and Jehovah's Witnesses? Why do we not mention these other minorities and our big focus is on Jewish people as if they were the only victims?

I hope this isn't a anti-Semitic. I am just truly curious.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

chris1989
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jan 2022, 3:57 pm

League_Girl wrote:
Yes, why wouldn't they be different. Anything Nazis did, if others did the same as Nazis for example, human experiments then I see why not. If anything causes a form of genocide, I don't see how it's any different than Nazism.

Now the question is why do Nazis get this big credit for what they did? Why do we put our big focus on Jewish people when disabled people were also killed in the Holocaust and the mentally ill and LGBT and Gypsies and Jehovah's Witnesses? Why do we not mention these other minorities and our big focus is on Jewish people as if they were the only victims?

I hope this isn't a anti-Semitic. I am just truly curious.

You're right I mean there were other victims such as Slavs (Poles, Ukrainians and Russians), Serbs, Freemasons, Homosexuals and political victims and opponents to Nazi rule who also suffered.

Doberdoofus
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jan 2022, 4:04 pm

League_Girl wrote:
Why do we not mention these other minorities and our big focus is on Jewish people as if they were the only victims?

Probably because an estimated 7,000,000 ( Around 2/3 of the Jewish population of Europe. ) were wiped out ( Source: Historical Dictionary of the Holocaust (Third ed.). Lanham, MD: Rowman & Littlefield. p. 10. )

Don't be so eager to be offended. The narcissism of small differences leads to the most boring kind of conformity.

Last edited by Doberdoofus on 27 Jan 2022, 4:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jan 2022, 4:06 pm

There have been so many Genocides by Russia , Serbia , Armenian, in which almost an entire race was wiped out.
We are DOING NOTHING about Chinas Whyger population eradication happening currently . Something is certainly biased . :evil:

By the way , regarding the 7,000,000 Jews was not the total of Jews that was the overall total ,I believe and for 40 yrs of my growing up , we were taught it was 6,000,000

where ever you go ,there you are

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jan 2022, 5:52 pm

Doberdoofus wrote:
League_Girl wrote:
Why do we not mention these other minorities and our big focus is on Jewish people as if they were the only victims?

Probably because an estimated 7,000,000 ( Around 2/3 of the Jewish population of Europe. ) were wiped out ( Source: Historical Dictionary of the Holocaust (Third ed.). Lanham, MD: Rowman & Littlefield. p. 10. )

I'm assuming the other groups were a small count compared to seven million.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jan 2022, 5:53 pm

Jakki wrote:
There have been so many Genocides by Russia , Serbia , Armenian, in which almost an entire race was wiped out.
We are DOING NOTHING about Chinas Whyger population eradication happening currently . Something is certainly biased . :evil:

By the way , regarding the 7,000,000 Jews was not the total of Jews that was the overall total ,I believe and for 40 yrs of my growing up , we were taught it was 6,000,000

Well it was "over 6 million" to be precise.

QFT
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jan 2022, 6:05 pm

Jakki wrote:
Something is certainly biased . :evil:

Yes it seems that way. Although it also raises the following question:

1) Pro-Jewish bias is caused by the holocaust (prior to that, the world was largely anti-Jewish for many centuries)

2) The specific interpretation of the holocaust was caused by a pro-Jewish bias (just like you pointed out)

So that implies a circular causality. Kind of like chicken and egg problem.

If pro-Jewish bias is a consequence of the holocaust, then why did they already have that bias when holocaust was presented to them? And if they already had that bias before the holocaust, then what about all this antisemitism that lasted for many centuries.

I guess one theory is that pro-Jewish interpretation of the holocaust was not caused by a pro-Jewish bias of people overall but *instead* it was caused by few specific rich Jews (such as Rothchilds) paying for it. So then it went like this:

--- The world was mostly antisemitic, so everything was biased against Jews

--- There comes a really rich Jew, Rothchild. Antisemitism or not, money buys everything. So Rothchild (despite being Jewish) can have his way

--- Rothchild decided to pay for the holocaust narrative to be focused on Jews

--- As a result of that focus of the holocaust narrative, the antisemitism decreased and the world became pro-Jewish

--- As a result of the world becoming pro-Jewish they continue to support the focus on Jews in holocaust narrative

Now, I don't know if it was Rothchild or some other rich Jew. I just made an example of a theory. So yeah, just replace Rothchild with some other rich Jewish name since quite honestly I don't know. Just don't replace it with Rockfeller: Rockfeller wasn't Jewish.

Anyway, like I said its just a theory, I honestly don't know. What about your theory?

Aspiegaming
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jan 2022, 6:47 pm

When China commits genocide, American companies, their spokepeople, and celebrities interested in profiting from the Chinese market must refrain from mentioning China's terrible deeds.

I can't stand that. Free Hong Kong Forever.

If my darkness or eccentricness offends you, I don't really care.

I will not apologize for being me.

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jan 2022, 9:58 pm

So there is a emphasis on Judaic genocide of long long ago , in a previous century now, Meanwhile the Realities of the Wyghers is okay to ignore now. Meanwhile The real life existence of these people are being wiped out .
The USA sat around and did nothing while the Jews and the other undesirables were being wiped out for years before we even entered the War. Even providing the rails for the railroad that went into Dachau . What’s different now.? 8O
Why haven’t the Rothchilds come to aid of poor Chinese people.?

( free Hong Kong) :!:

txfz1
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jan 2022, 10:08 pm

Not much, same as Japan and Unit 731. MacArthur wanted the data from the human experiments so they were not tried as war criminals. Russia gave lenient sentences for the same data.

Doberdoofus
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2022, 12:40 pm

League_Girl wrote:
Doberdoofus wrote:
League_Girl wrote:

I'm assuming the other groups were a small count compared to seven million.

According to the available data , yes. I'm not sure how accurate this graph is but it may give you a better idea ( I never realised how many Soviet Civilians died, they skipped that in my history lessons in school ).

Don't be so eager to be offended. The narcissism of small differences leads to the most boring kind of conformity.

QFT
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2022, 12:52 pm

Jakki wrote:
The USA sat around and did nothing while the Jews and the other undesirables were being wiped out

You mentioned Jews as one of the groups of people USA ignored, yet later they became fixated on them. That is precisely what I was asking: why such a change in attitude? Its not like they were in love with Jews from the get-go. Something clearly *started* it. So I was thinking people like Rothchild or something like that.

Jakki wrote:
Why haven’t the Rothchilds come to aid of poor Chinese people.?

Because Rothchilds are Jewish so they care about Jews more. Thats why I mentioned them as one of the theories to explain this.

chris1989
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2022, 2:12 pm

I should also mention that the ethnic cleansing of the Rohingya people in Myanmar in still ongoing as we speak.

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2022, 4:07 pm

And good old USA defender of the right just keeps on going as they have…… if you look at it just right , it could be troubling. 8O

Redpaws
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

28 Jan 2022, 4:36 pm

I think there are some aspects that made the Holocaust stand out.

- A very high number of people were killed in the concentration camps.
Most genocides I have heard of, consisted of significantly fewer people. I'm not marginalizing the sufferings of the victims of other genocides, but the scale of it impacts people all the more when they learn of it. I think it's fair to say that six million people is a rather abstract number of people to many.

- the inhumane medical experiments were an uncommon aspect of it, although human experiments have happened elsewhere too, in Soviet and USA and no doubt other places as well.

- I don't know how typical it is for a group to lose their rights like the Jews did before the Holocaust, little by little they lost rights including higher education, and access to leisure time activity amenities like cinemas. But there can be little doubt that the Nazis worked their ideas into the majority population by that policy, an idea people were probably not largely against, seeing as Jews have always been viewed poorly and antisemitism was very common in pre-war Europe

- although Jews were the primary victims, they were not the only group the Nazis wanted to wipe out; gypsies, Slavs, gays, the disabled, everyone they considered 'less' or 'deviant'

- although the Holocaust took place during war time, it didn't happen due to fighting. It wasn't a case of the German army meeting a Jewish army in battle, wiping them out by winning

- I think the organization of the slaughter was on another level than others the world has seen. They took their time and kept records of who were Jewish and where they lived. They rounded them up in a highly organized way and brought them by ships and trains across countries to the extermination camps.

- and finally, it happened here, in our own backyard so to speak, in many European countries, including mine. Some of our own people were involved in doing this.

I think it's safe to say that the latter point led to sort of collective shame and guilt, not unlike the white guilt concept some Americans seem to have going.

No terror, no war. No sympathy for terrorists or their supporters and sympathizers