Conservative Party UK tries to force slave labour

Page 1 of 3 [ 40 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jan 2022, 10:33 pm

https://www.gbnews.uk/news/people-on-universal-credit-told-to-find-any-job-in-four-weeks-or-their-benefits-will-be-cut/214496?fbclid=IwAR3IsNoLKPpEjiyTWEZvxjh14HwFzLcEzLonkY2Jv0bcoUI8zAnGI_sb5z8

"The chancellor Rishi Sunak added: “It’s important that everyone has the opportunity and support to find a good job to help them get on in life."

Actually Rishi, there aren't any good jobs for the people who are out of work, who your crappy Conservative government is cynically targetting. That's why the proletariat don't want to get a job within the current system - because the jobs on offer are shite and are not remotely worth the time, money, or effort involved, versus the negative effects on a persons health, both mentally & physically.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2022, 2:46 am

Great, Republicans in the US are going to think that's a great idea and try it here. :evil:

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2022, 3:01 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
Great, Republicans in the US are going to think that's a great idea and try it here. :evil:

They already do with those on welfare. Then it runs out for you or they kick you off it. Happened to my sister Iaw because she never found work due to going to school. Now she has to rely on her parents and is stuck in fast food joints.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2022, 3:22 am

League_Girl wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

They already do with those on welfare. Then it runs out for you or they kick you off it. Happened to my sister Iaw because she never found work due to going to school. Now she has to rely on her parents and is stuck in fast food joints.

There are a million stories in America just like that. And the right puts the blame on the very individuals trapped in poverty.

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2022, 5:49 am

Every time I have sat in a DWP office, I have had to resist the great urge to b***h slap the advisor with all my might. Often, they are biological woman, so you can imagine my difficulty.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2022, 9:53 am

blitzkrieg wrote:
Every time I have sat in a DWP office, I have had to resist the great urge to b***h slap the advisor with all my might. Often, they are biological woman, so you can imagine my difficulty.
What do you have against biological women?

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2022, 6:38 pm

Fnord wrote:
blitzkrieg wrote:
What do you have against biological women?

I have nothing against biological women - and that's where the problem lies. When they are representing an evil system it hurts me emotionally.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2022, 6:42 pm

There's a big problem for those switching from benefits to paid work which is the travel/job site issue. In order to survive you may need 2-3 casual jobs to pay rent/buy food/maintain a quality of life. To knock on doors you need to live closer to the city centre to seek work otherwise you also need to cover travel costs.

Most casual/accessible work is closer to the centre of the cities where land prices are highest and so is rent. In order to move to where work is you need to fork out more money for rent. A lot of these people don't have the capital to afford this move . If you live > 30km from the city centre you need a car/petrol and need to fork out money for expenses,

This is a big challenge and needs to be considered by those forcing people on benefits back to paid work.

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2022, 6:52 pm

cyberdad wrote:
There's a big problem for those switching from benefits to paid work which is the travel/job site issue. In order to survive you may need 2-3 casual jobs to pay rent/buy food/maintain a quality of life. To knock on doors you need to live closer to the city centre to seek work otherwise you also need to cover travel costs.

Most casual/accessible work is closer to the centre of the cities where land prices are highest and so is rent. In order to move to where work is you need to fork out more money for rent. A lot of these people don't have the capital to afford this move . If you live > 30km from the city centre you need a car/petrol and need to fork out money for expenses,

This is a big challenge and needs to be considered by those forcing people on benefits back to paid work.

This entire system is a scam, for the reasons you describe, plus many more.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2022, 6:58 pm

blitzkrieg wrote:
cyberdad wrote:

Indeed. If you rely on emailing resumes you can be guaranteed of never getting a job. Turning up F2F to an employer yields much better results. Employers are like tinder dates. They don't want to be catfished and like to see you upfront.

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2022, 9:48 pm

cyberdad wrote:
blitzkrieg wrote:
cyberdad wrote:

Indeed. If you rely on emailing resumes you can be guaranteed of never getting a job. Turning up F2F to an employer yields much better results. Employers are like tinder dates. They don't want to be catfished and like to see you upfront.

Exactly. Selling yourself to an employer face-to-face is literally the best way to secure a job. That goes for the inital reach-out.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2022, 9:56 pm

blitzkrieg wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
blitzkrieg wrote:
cyberdad wrote:

Exactly. Selling yourself to an employer face-to-face is literally the best way to secure a job. That goes for the inital reach-out.

Also these days it pays to clean up your social media accounts as employers like to peek at the type of people they are hiring.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2022, 10:41 pm

cyberdad wrote:
blitzkrieg wrote:
cyberdad wrote:

These days many big cooperate businesses only want you to apply online. Back in 2007 I applied in person at so many locations and that was before everything went to the internet but it wasn't much longer after that when internet became a necessity than a luxury.

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2022, 11:34 pm

League_Girl wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
blitzkrieg wrote:
cyberdad wrote:

These days many big cooperate businesses only want you to apply online. Back in 2007 I applied in person at so many locations and that was before everything went to the internet but it wasn't much longer after that when internet became a necessity than a luxury.

This is true & for entry level roles, an applicant has basically zero influence in terms of the application process.

But if you apply for a better job, you can always talk to a higher-level employee before applying, and that can actually give you a better chance of being selected, if the higher-level employee has social connections.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2022, 1:06 am

League_Girl wrote:

Sorry I was referring to casual/unprofessional paid work.

Big corporations want suitable referees who can provide bona fide referral reports to back up any claims you make on a resume/online application for a professional position. Several years ago I was running a data cleaning project for a university and I advertised for casual data checkers who had experience with enterprise systems and Excel. One of the applicants claimed to have been a project manager on Burj Khalifa in Dubai which was the tallest building in the world. I was wondering why somebody involved in one of the world's largest building projects was applying for an entry level data job in Melbourne? His referees were in chinese which was suspicious. I went to the trouble of getting an English translation and checked the referees. They turned out to be the dudes's friends living in Hong Kong.

Most jobs in the world's largest corporations are internal appointments. Where external recruitment is conducted they still have somebody in mind. For professional jobs the best way is to network by word of mouth and/or internships.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2022, 1:18 am

Quote:
Sorry I was referring to casual/unprofessional paid work

Okay, places like Gamestop and working fast food or even Target or Walmart want you to apply online and work there is unprofessional. But yet they under pay you and they are a big cooperate business.

Maybe private businesses still have in person apply.