98-year-old Auschwitz Survivor Reveals She Has Never Thought

Page 3 of 5 [ 79 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2022, 1:04 am

blitzkrieg wrote:
Radical leftism is doomed/dead. If you don't believe me, check back in 2 and a half years.

Dead, I tell you. :mrgreen:

Reactionaries have been insisting this since the 1850s. :lol:

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2022, 1:05 am

funeralxempire wrote:
blitzkrieg wrote:
Radical leftism is doomed/dead. If you don't believe me, check back in 2 and a half years.

Dead, I tell you. :mrgreen:

Reactionaries have been insisting this since the 1850s. :lol:

Well, we'll see I suppose. Anything can happen, truly. Again, that's just my opinion & the way things are unfolding as I see things, from my perspective.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2022, 1:08 am

blitzkrieg wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
blitzkrieg wrote:
When authoritarian wokeologists cancel large groups of people, it can lead to Stalin like destruction.

Has it ever before? Stalin's regime wasn't exactly influenced by something that didn't exist for another 65 years or so.

You have this the wrong way around, in my opinion.

Authoritarian wokeology is in essence, a lite version of Stalinist communism, without the physical killing, for the most part. But if that culture is allowed to go on for decades, it could easily lead to chaos and physical killing. It is a consequence of Stalinist thought, not a precursor to Stalinist thought.

That's why Trump voters are ready to kill people - they have had enough of being silenced (many of them are not physical killers either, just as leftist wokeologists are not).

For the most part it seems as though those people are angry that people aligned with them no longer have 100% control over our institutions so that their views are no longer 100% protected as established norms and the views they oppose sometimes are.

It's simply not as you or other people who wax on about cancel culture claim. Social norms march on and sometimes views that were once widespread start to be seen as backwards.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2022, 1:09 am

Honestly I think the US has become split. Both sides are against each other, people don't feel safe, the right feel censored, the left feel afraid for their lives and their freedom so they are fighting back. The right wants to fight back because they feel oppressed for not being allowed to be bigots and the left want to keep their human rights and want fairness. But in a way I sit back and watch the fight like entertainment. I feel like Cartman sitting in the grass and watching people fight.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2022, 1:11 am

funeralxempire wrote:
blitzkrieg wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
blitzkrieg wrote:
When authoritarian wokeologists cancel large groups of people, it can lead to Stalin like destruction.

Has it ever before? Stalin's regime wasn't exactly influenced by something that didn't exist for another 65 years or so.

You have this the wrong way around, in my opinion.

Authoritarian wokeology is in essence, a lite version of Stalinist communism, without the physical killing, for the most part. But if that culture is allowed to go on for decades, it could easily lead to chaos and physical killing. It is a consequence of Stalinist thought, not a precursor to Stalinist thought.

That's why Trump voters are ready to kill people - they have had enough of being silenced (many of them are not physical killers either, just as leftist wokeologists are not).

For the most part it seems as though those people are angry that people aligned with them no longer have 100% control over our institutions so that their views are no longer 100% protected as established norms and the views they oppose sometimes are.

It's simply not as you or other people who wax on about cancel culture claim. Social norms march on and sometimes views that were once widespread start to be seen as backwards.

I am not claiming that wokeology hasn't had some benefits for society. I have simply pointed out the flaws of the zealot faction of wokeology.

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2022, 1:15 am

League_Girl wrote:
Honestly I think the US has become split. Both sides are against each other, people don't feel safe, the right feel censored, the left feel afraid for their lives and their freedom so they are fighting back. The right wants to fight back because they feel oppressed for not being allowed to be bigots and the left want to keep their human rights and want fairness. But in a way I sit back and watch the fight like entertainment. I feel like Cartman sitting in the grass and watching people fight.

The political right feel afraid for their lives too, as well as being censored. However crazy that might seem from a leftist perspective (to them, you are the aliens).

Last edited by blitzkrieg on 29 Jan 2022, 1:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2022, 1:17 am

I'll add to that - whilst leftists might worry about some gun-toting, white male loner shooting them, a right-winger is terrified that a trans-person wearing a wig might turn up on their doorstep with an assault rifle.

This is legit' - I have talked to some of these people.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2022, 1:22 am

blitzkrieg wrote:
I am not claiming that wokeology hasn't had some benefits for society. I have simply pointed out the flaws of the zealot faction of wokeology.

I'm just pointing out flaws with that criticism because quite often it involves varying degrees of misrepresentation and when challenged the defence becomes that it's just an opinion which always comes off as though no further defence actually exists.

戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2022, 1:24 am

blitzkrieg wrote:
I'll add to that - whilst leftists might worry about some gun-toting, white male loner shooting them, a right-winger is terrified that a trans-person wearing a wig might turn up on their doorstep with an assault rifle.

My retort to that is this is why leftist are for gun control. To protect you from that crazy trans person with a gun.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2022, 1:25 am

blitzkrieg wrote:

Is it really legit, or is it projection?

If one fears someone might harm them because they actively support someone's oppression, perhaps the solution is no longer actively support their oppression. I know that's a little bit radical to suggest but common sense can sound radical in a society that lacks it.

戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2022, 1:27 am

League_Girl wrote:
blitzkrieg wrote:

My retort to that is this is why leftist are for gun control. To protect you from that crazy trans person with a gun.

A right wing person would interpret gun control as a left wing person taking the guns away, so that they have no defense against a physical invasion of their safe space.

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2022, 1:27 am

funeralxempire wrote:
blitzkrieg wrote:

Is it really legit, or is it projection?

If one fears someone might harm them because they actively support someone's oppression, perhaps the solution is no longer actively support their oppression. I know that's a little bit radical to suggest but common sense can sound radical in a society that lacks it.

They don't believe they are oppressing anyone. For them, the entire history of their country is aligned with their values, not yours.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2022, 1:34 am

blitzkrieg wrote:
They don't believe they are oppressing anyone. For them, the entire history of their country is aligned with their values, not yours.

They don't wish to recognize the obvious because their traditions allow them to justify injustice, but that's no excuse to ignore or fail to rectify injustice.

戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2022, 1:39 am

blitzkrieg wrote:
League_Girl wrote:
blitzkrieg wrote:

A right wing person would interpret gun control as a left wing person taking the guns away, so that they have no defense against a physical invasion of their safe space.

And that's the reason for my response so they understand what the leftists want.

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2022, 1:53 am

funeralxempire wrote:
blitzkrieg wrote:

They don't wish to recognize the obvious because their traditions allow them to justify injustice, but that's no excuse to ignore or fail to rectify injustice.

I would say that you are correct, but I can see things from their perspective, also.

So its a stalemate really & frankly, I imagine unless there is bloodshed, it's going to go in the favour of the ol' Trumpster's, for now.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2022, 1:57 am

blitzkrieg wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
blitzkrieg wrote:

I would say that you are correct, but I can see things from their perspective, also.

So its a stalemate really & frankly, I imagine unless there is bloodshed, it's going to go in the favour of the ol' Trumpster's, for now.

It's not as though I can't see things from their perspective, it's that if one believes in general concept of human rights one ends up holding that one position (defending and maintaining) is more correct than the other (denying on the basis on tradition, even after outwardly expressing support for the idea).

Quite often people have to do doublethink when tradition causes gaps in their concern for human rights and questioning that doublethink is often treated as much more oppressive than actual oppression simply because it's upsetting to many people.

戦争ではなく戦争と戦う