Transgender child molester, 26, gets 2 years as juvenile

Page 1 of 2 [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Brictoria
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2022, 12:46 am

Quote:
A Los Angeles County judge on Thursday ordered Hannah Tubbs, a transgender California woman, to serve two years in a juvenile facility after she pleaded guilty to sexually assaulting a 10-year-old girl in 2014.

Before doing so, the judge criticised far-left District Attorney George Gascon, whose office declined to prosecute the repeat offender as an adult, Fox News reports.

Tubbs, 26, recently pleaded guilty to molesting the girl in a women’s bathroom eight years ago when Tubbs was two weeks away from turning 18. At the time of the crime, she identified as male and went by James Tubbs. She did not identify as female until after she was taken into custody, according to prosecutors.

“Tubbs is 26 years old. Unlike George Gascon’s false narrative, she is not a ‘kid’,” Los Angeles Deputy District Attorney Jon Hatami, assigned to the Complex Child Abuse Unit, told Fox News.

“There was evidence presented at the juvenile proceedings which showed that Tubbs sexually assaulted two young girls in different incidents in the past. The child victims will suffer lifelong trauma. Tubbs also has prior violent convictions and conduct as an adult.”

Prosecutors say Tubbs walked into the bathroom of a Denny’s in 2014 and grabbed the 10-year-old by the throat, locked her in a stall, and put her hand down the girl’s pants. Tubbs stopped when another person walked into the rest room, the Los Angeles Times reported.

Because Tubbs began identifying as female after she was taken into custody, and Mr Gascon refused to try her as an adult, Tubbs was sentenced to two years in a juvenile facility. In LA County, juvenile facilities can house both females and males, but in separate areas. Tubbs will be housed with the females.

Two years is the maximum sentence for any juvenile in the new program over the age of 25, according to Deputy District Attorney Shea Sanna.

Source: https://www.news.com.au/world/north-america/transgender-child-molester-26-jailed-for-two-years-in-juvenile-facility/news-story/6e05dd559cfcd840699422181cd6be16

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2022, 12:49 am

How do they justify that custody arrangement? Every other adult tried for something committed as a child would be sentenced to some form of custody intended for adults, even adults who are developmentally on par with kids aren't put into custody with kids.

Wtf? :?

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Brictoria
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2022, 1:05 am

funeralxempire wrote:
How do they justify that custody arrangement? Every other adult tried for something committed as a child would be sentenced to some form of custody intended for adults, even adults who are developmentally on par with kids aren't put into custody with kids.

From the bottom of the article:
Quote:
“Because of George Gascon’s blanket policy against transferring any juvenile to adult court, even if the 17-year-old rapes or murders an innocent child, James Tubbs will not have to register as a sex offender, will not spend any time in county jail or state prison, will be 26 and housed with juveniles for a very short period of time, and will be released with no probation or parole monitoring. The victims will get no justice. The public will get no safety,” Mr Hatami said.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2022, 2:08 am

Brictoria wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:

From the bottom of the article:
Quote:
“Because of George Gascon’s blanket policy against transferring any juvenile to adult court, even if the 17-year-old rapes or murders an innocent child, James Tubbs will not have to register as a sex offender, will not spend any time in county jail or state prison, will be 26 and housed with juveniles for a very short period of time, and will be released with no probation or parole monitoring. The victims will get no justice. The public will get no safety,” Mr Hatami said.

Hannah Tubbs is no longer a juvenile, even if she was a minor at the time the crimes were committed and even if that entitles her to protections during the trial phase she's an adult now.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2022, 2:46 am

I hope she is kept separated from kids.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2022, 3:14 am

Have witnessed a situation like this before , a doctor who did surgical procedures , that I had met, told me of one of his cases, were a person underwent some transformational type of surgery . Cause they realized they were in a position . To be successfully prosecuted as a man and underwent the knife to get out of being prosecuted as a man .
I would not consider a person like that as transgendered, And possibly put them in a men’s prison that housed the criminally insane. ( if only I ran the world) hope they put him in solitary confinement .

where ever you go ,there you are

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2022, 3:22 am

As a criminal justice guy, that gets a huge WTF from me, I'm all for not not charging juveniles as adults and such, but everything about this sounds bizarre, particularly housing this offender with juvenile females. Assuming the facts are as reported, this really looks like another story where FOX couldn't have done better if they wrote the script themselves.

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2022, 3:32 am

As the plot of a movie based on this case, thickens . Fox could make a million off a very dark criminal movie from this case, I might think. ( Fox = blood sucking vultures) . Movies with no redeeming social value. Similar to their news reporting . Imho .

where ever you go ,there you are

Matrix Glitch
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2022, 9:03 am

A man suddenly decides he's a woman during sentencing, the legal system goes along with it, and puts a man who molests little girls in jail with minor girls. Goes to show where this world is headed.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2022, 10:12 am

Dox47 wrote:
As a criminal justice guy, that gets a huge WTF from me, I'm all for not not charging juveniles as adults and such, but everything about this sounds bizarre, particularly housing this offender with juvenile females. Assuming the facts are as reported, this really looks like another story where FOX couldn't have done better if they wrote the script themselves.

Well...

which is the lesser of two evils? Housing this person with adult men who will rape him/her? Or housing this person with juveniles who this person might molest?

Hmmm....howbout the local animal shelter? :lol:

Mikah
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2022, 10:58 am

Matrix Glitch wrote:
Goes to show where this world is headed.

Heard about the women's prisons in California?

The men who wish to transfer need only take a laughable “Right Person, Right Prison” class — which covers hard-hitting topics like: “You may be asked questions, How will you handle that?”, “Trans fears of being housed with cis”, and “What’s in it for you?”. Apparently, CDCR believes this is an adequate way of screening the men requesting transfer to ensure that housing them with women is appropriate.

The women, meanwhile, are being prepared with free condoms and guidance on how to obtain an abortion in prison.

At a recent CCWF Captains’ Meeting, one woman read a statement in which she pleaded for help and accused COs of ignoring their previous concerns about being housed with a serial rapist:

“How do we feel safe in our community? When we reach out for help we get nothing… There has been an assault on a woman and we still are silenced. We have had our hope taken away once again. Does anyone care that we are being forced to house with 6’2, 250+ lbs men with penises that are here for brutally raping women? We have been warned by the officials in this prison, more are coming with worse charges. Where is the safety concern for us. If we say we are in fear, we are the ones locked up.”

"We don't want to be raped by trans lunatics."
"We got you. Here are some condoms and pamphlets about your upcoming pregnancy if the condoms fail. your rapist neglects to use one"

Clown world strikes again.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2022, 12:05 pm

Jakki wrote:
Have witnessed a situation like this before , a doctor who did surgical procedures , that I had met, told me of one of his cases, were a person underwent some transformational type of surgery . Cause they realized they were in a position . To be successfully prosecuted as a man and underwent the knife to get out of being prosecuted as a man .
I would not consider a person like that as transgendered, And possibly put them in a men’s prison that housed the criminally insane. ( if only I ran the world) hope they put him in solitary confinement .

Yes I think men who decide to transition as women to get female privileges or to use women restrooms to get off on their fetish of women or to get into women spaces should not be protected and it's okay to misgender them. They're not actually trans. Trans people should be upset about this too.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2022, 2:24 pm

League_Girl wrote:
Jakki wrote:

Yes I think men who decide to transition as women to get female privileges or to use women restrooms to get off on their fetish of women or to get into women spaces should not be protected and it's okay to misgender them. They're not actually trans. Trans people should be upset about this too.

The only issue being how does one tell the difference?

All and all the fact that the offender is trans seems hardly relevant to the story, the core of the issue is an adult being housed with children.

戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2022, 2:36 pm

So the theory is that there are men who commit felonies, who when caught, then undergo sex change operations, just so they will avoid being raped by other men in prisons -when they get convicted- thinking that they will be sent to womens' prisons?

Is that a proven thing that happens- male perps pretending to be trans, and going under the knife for that reason?

Is going under the knife to have your body radically changed -when you dont really want to change genders- much better than getting raped? Maybe it is. Never was in the dilemma before. So I have never thought about it before.

There was a NYC mobster who either went insane, or pretended to go insane, and lived on the street -avoiding prosecution. He was nicknamed "the Odd Father". I think that he was finnaly shown to be sane.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2022, 2:47 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
League_Girl wrote:
Jakki wrote:

The only issue being how does one tell the difference?

All and all the fact that the offender is trans seems hardly relevant to the story, the core of the issue is an adult being housed with children.

I can tell when someone all of a sudden decides to transition when they are charged with a crime and if one has a history of misogyny and them one day decides they are a woman, it's suspect.

This has nothing to do with trans people and more to do with predators using trans right for easier sentences or to avoid men prisons because if how violent men are and to get an easier life if they are a woman.

This is very horrible for trans people because it feeds into people fighting against their rights and using these men as an example. We should be going after these predators than trying to strip away trans rights.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2022, 2:51 pm

naturalplastic wrote:
So the theory is that there are men who commit felonies, who when caught, then undergo sex change operations, just so they will avoid being raped by other men in prisons -when they get convicted- thinking that they will be sent to womens' prisons?

Is that a proven thing that happens- male perps pretending to be trans, and going under the knife for that reason?

Is going under the knife to have your body radically changed -when you dont really want to change genders- much better than getting raped? Maybe it is. Never was in the dilemma before. So I have never thought about it before.

There was a NYC mobster who either went insane, or pretended to go insane, and lived on the street -avoiding prosecution. He was nicknamed "the Odd Father". I think that he was finnaly shown to be sane.

Ah yes, so many criminals pretend to be disabled or insane this has actually hurt disabled and mentally ill people in the criminal system. Now every person is a faker now. Even their medical history and school records get discredited which makes 0 sense.