Whoopi Goldberg suspended for racist comments

Page 16 of 16 [ 242 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2023, 11:01 am

cyberdad wrote:
I haven't read the book but I have read her interviews. Di Angelo's primary point is that because white people actually don't want to address white privilege that their sense of identity is "fragile"

Her words
We live a very insular experience. We have rarely ever been challenged in our racial worldview. We move through a society in which racial inequality is the very bedrock in racial comfort as white people and we are rarely ever out of our racial comfort zones.

Most white people go cradle to grave in racial segregation. Most white people do not have authentic sustained relationships across race, particularly with black people. I’m not talking about acquaintances. Show me your wedding album. That is a truer measure of who is in your friendship circle and sitting at your table.

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/06/07/heal ... index.html

She basically says all whites are racists due to power dynamics, ie the “woke” view of America that she helped popularize. As with most propagandists of all stripes there is enough truth in what they say to be convincing. A person with an open mind will say to themselves “I never thought of it this way, but it’s obvious’. Once you agree with it is easier to accept anything else she says. During 2020 with the George Floyd murder and the “Central Park Karen” incident endlessly playing on traditional and social media was a uniquely ripe moment for her and Kendi. The combination of the “Great Awokeining” and people stuck at home due to the pandemic was a ripe moment for Christopher Rufo to basically create the illiberal if not facist backlash.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2023, 5:46 am

ASPartOfMe wrote:
She basically says all whites are racists due to power dynamics, ie the “woke” view of America that she helped popularize. As with most propagandists of all stripes there is enough truth in what they say to be convincing. .

No she isn't. Did you miss the part where I meticulously described how she herself lives in white bubble?

The conservative right do not want to think critically with race. This is literally the definition of white fragility. The anti-CRT movement are basically saying their children will fall to pieces if they hear about American history. How fragile is this veneer of white pigment that it can't withstand simple exposure to true history??

ergo....white skin = white identity, it's a pretty fragile mask

We seem to be going in circles AS...