Page 1 of 1 [ 12 posts ] 

Reichi_chan
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

31 Jul 2007, 6:12 pm

I found this Website when I was searching for Mozart and the Whale related things.

but I have mild aspergers, and i didn't find out until I was 21. When my close friends wanted me diagnosed. But i knew i was unique and weird all my life! and i had just learn to accept that i was just different and weird. and my therapist 6 years ago says no you might have aspergers. and i got diagnosed, but i have it mildly.

I like Japanese and GLBT(b/c my best guy-friend is gay) culture along with liking Shoujo, Yaoi and Shonen-ai anime and manga that HAVE to have Bishonen in them for me to like them! tihe! I like pretty boys. and i know I'm shallow. and i don't want to marry another aspie cause i want someone who will tell me when i'm doing something inappropriate-cause i accept redirection on that. :p
I'm more into the intellectual/indie scene, cause i like to think outside the box and abstractly. yes this aspie can think outside.....hehehehe. I like indie/alternative rock along with 80s pop/rock. I like weird abstract indie films. I hate Hollywood crap! I like thrift stores, social issues, social justice and a good cup of Java!
I can cook really good food....i hate the sound of banging pans it rings in my head for more than a minute and i hate the smell of burnt food.

Oh and my real name is Rachel and yes a female! cause not many people with aspergers are female....I'm special! tihe!

additionally i do understand sarcasism and cyninism(SP?). happen to be cynical a LOT! :twisted: something i learned from my close friends. don't dislike them! they appreciate me for the free-spirit i am. I LOVE my close friends!! !!

Quatermass
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jul 2007, 6:22 pm

Well...um...I hope you enjoy your stay here. :)

On sabbatical...

JerryHatake
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jul 2007, 9:28 pm

Nice to meet you, Rachel. :) I like Japanese stuff like music and animation.

Last edited by JerryHatake on 31 Jul 2007, 10:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

aaronrey
Toucan
Toucan

31 Jul 2007, 10:02 pm

hello rachel. i've always wondered if girls like yaoi because most guys seem to like yuri. it's nice to see more people care about social issues. it seems most people now only care about making money, being rich and buying luxurious goods.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2007, 9:19 pm

Welcome to WP!

Tim

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2007, 9:51 pm

Ah...a fellow Portlander.
Welcome to Wrong Planet!

gwenevyn
l'esprit de l'escalier
l'esprit de l'escalier

02 Aug 2007, 10:41 pm

I love your avatar. Hope you like it here!

Flagg
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2007, 12:58 am

TOO MANY OREGONIANS!!

I COUNT FIVE, INCLUDING ME!

WELCOME!

MY CAPS LOCK IS KINDA STUCK, SORRY!

Ana54
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2007, 1:23 am

Hey, Rachel. :D

I'm Ana54 and I'm female too. :D :D

Why did your friends want you diagnosed? I'm just curious. :)

Icarus_Falling
everyman antihero
everyman antihero

08 Aug 2007, 8:56 pm

Reichi_chan wrote:
Oh and my real name is Rachel and yes a female! cause not many people with aspergers are female....I'm special! tihe!

I must say, I've often read that the ratio of male to female aspies is 4:1, or something along those lines [though a study in Utah recently showed the ratio as 2:1, so I guess it depends on where you are]. Is it my imagination, or are about half of the users here female?

Reichi_chan wrote:
additionally i do understand sarcasism and cyninism(SP?). happen to be cynical a LOT! :twisted:

And irony?

Good fortune,

- Icarus the Ironic

Icarus_Falling
everyman antihero
everyman antihero

08 Aug 2007, 9:06 pm

Flagg wrote:
TOO MANY OREGONIANS!! I COUNT FIVE, INCLUDING ME!

There's a high-powered ELF transmitter located in Issaquah, WA (at the summit of Squak mountain) that is designed to set up a slight imbalnce in the brainwaves of people with Asperger's traits, such that they experience them more fully. This is one of the reasons there are so many aspies in the northwest. Because of topography and certain atmospheric conditions in the area, there's a resonnance effect that occurs rougly at the radius from Portland to Vancouver; there are other areas of ressonance, but this is one of the strongest. So, while Issaquah is the episcenter for Asperger's in the US [there are other ELF transmitters in other parts of the world], the effects of the transmitter are especially strong in Portland. [calandale is one of the most successful results of this project.]

Good fortune,

- Icarus the Talespinner

Asby
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

10 Aug 2007, 9:18 am

Welcome to wrong planet :)