Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

Aspieangeldude
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

08 Feb 2022, 7:38 pm

I use drawing comics and cartoons to also express my feelings. One week the characters I draw will be in funny goofy situations where misfortunes (like missing the bus) happen, then the next week I find myself drawing the characters crying and going through sad depressing times. And it cycles all over again

autisticelders
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2022, 12:58 pm

maybe some of it depends on what other things are going on in your life? Your drawings might be telling you something about your every day experiences. Hope you can figure it out, It might be a clue to a self discovery.

"Curiosity is one of the permanent and certain characteristics of a vigorous intellect.” Samuel Johnson

Juliette
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2022, 8:39 pm

Hi aspieangeldude - I notice distinct mood changes and how this is expressed, in a close friend. I believe they are bipolar and it helps me to know that, and I continually respond in the same manner ... just as I would with anyone. I acknowledge how they feel, and share how I feel about , and if need be, gently remind them that others might be struggling with their own issues too, but above all, to be true to your self and to your own beliefs.

It's good that you're very aware of any mood cycles and how these play out in your art. It's part of being human. We all have moods and we all need an outlet to express how we're feeling, otherwise we'd suffer even more in this life. I agree with autisticelders that the key thing to take from all this is "self discovery". Go gentle on yourself and remember that how we behave and react to what life throws at us, is all part of the big picture. We need to express ourselves and release the emotions(preferably in healthy ways) and you seem to be doing just that.

The fact that you're recognizing that your moods come in cycles is good. Being aware is good. Self awareness is healthy. :) If you're worried about these cycles, talk about it with someone you trust. Seek reassurance that all is being done, that can be, to ensure you're going about life at optimal levels. Sometimes, it's about acceptance, that moods will waver. Other times, it's a sign, that you do need something to assist with keeping moods more stable.

Anomaly_76
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

27 Apr 2022, 3:42 pm

I find I am a roller coaster emotionally, something I suspect to be quite common with us Aspies. For me, it mostly comes out in the music I choose to listen to at times, even skipping forward on songs I normally love, depending on the mood I'm in. And this is particularly of note for me at the moment, being newly diagnosed and stuck in a 'playlist' of a narrow range of songs since diagnosis about a week ago.

Just how the hell am I supposed to know WHICH age to act, anyway? :lol:

differentpage
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

13 May 2022, 8:46 pm

Aspieangeldude wrote:
I use drawing comics and cartoons to also express my feelings. One week the characters I draw will be in funny goofy situations where misfortunes (like missing the bus) happen, then the next week I find myself drawing the characters crying and going through sad depressing times. And it cycles all over again

So that reflects what's going on with your moods? How extreme are they? Are you concerned that you might have bipolar disorder?

I was diagnosed several years ago with bipolar disorder but I didn't believe it--I thought I was basically a happy person who had some depressed episodes. Then this year I read that sleep problems are a big part of being bipolar (I've had those Big Time). Then I found out that sometimes bipolar disorder may be partly or almost all the result of a messed up circadian rhythm (which is like the "body clock".) Living by a strict schedule can reset that, which it seems to have done in my case. Now I sleep well every night and don't have serious enough mood problems to consider myself disordered any more. I can talk more about the schedule if anyone is interested, but basically you get up at the same time in the morning, eat at the same times, and so on.

I still have weird relationships with people, and don't conform at all well... and still haven't gotten an ASD diagnosis, not that I've kept trying.

BlossX
Toucan
Toucan

15 May 2022, 6:01 am

Aspieangeldude wrote:

that is just human nature, sometimes you are sad, sometimes you are happy imho