So...when will the front door of WP be usable again?

Page 2 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

16 Feb 2022, 3:48 am

naturalplastic wrote:
So SOME folks are getting it. Its still on the first link to wrongplanet on this browser. So I have to find this second link on the page way down the page to get here-when on this browser.

This 1477 team claims to be "Kurdish". I googled "team 1477". Couldnt find anything ABOUT them by anyone else. But found lots of their online stuff. Arabic script. Vidoes. Rap music. Repurposed scenes of Al Pacino in Scarface. They like violent gangsa rap and violent movies I guess. But why they hacked into my link to an autism website is ...not obviousl to me.

Microsoft Edge. Couldnt think of the name of the browser I was using. Thats it. This Kurdish hacker thing doesnt come up for me on other browsers. Or not yet anyway.

Cornflake
Administrator
Administrator

16 Feb 2022, 6:37 am

Edge might be showing you that wrong link because it's been saved as a favorite as Wrong Planet - have a look through your favorites list and delete it.

The site name has definitely not been globally hijacked - name lookups and the like all return valid, correct information.
If you get redirected to some rogue site when using the URL https://wrongplanet.net then there is probably something happening on your device to cause it.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2022, 6:19 pm

Guess what.

I did that. Clicked my favorites on Edge. Deleted Wrongplanet.

Then typed Wrongplanet into the search, and clicked the first WP link on top of the page that came up, and here I am on WP like normal.

No Kurdish "Team 1477" page.

Worked. :D

Cornflake
Administrator
Administrator

18 Feb 2022, 6:21 pm

:thumright: Excellent!