Nobody interested in the Russia-Ukraine conflict?

Page 150 of 195 [ 3108 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 147, 148, 149, 150, 151, 152, 153 ... 195  Next

KitLily
Veteran
Veteran

04 Feb 2023, 8:21 am

I can't see how this is going to end in any sort of good way.

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

04 Feb 2023, 1:15 pm

There is even a very de-humanizing part of Russia's Warfare...... These things are the things about War.
Not such a Good benefit of War amongst a whole lot of others . Then it seems the values of the enemy are , not
present . 8O

where ever you go ,there you are

Highlander852456
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

04 Feb 2023, 5:48 pm

Jakki wrote:
Pepe wrote:
https://wrongplanet.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=411555#p9229264

Am not 100% sure on this but the original design of the Leopard was as a mobile artillery . But was built to deal with battle engagements . These tanks from what i read on Range to target statistics with deadly accuracy was almost one third farther than . Uhm..? 'Everybody Elses tanks'. So think any Leopards on the feild will be worth the physical
weight .. This is public knowledge for years now. How many Russian tank commanders would want to engage in that kind of combat ?. Unless they could produce somekind of Aerial Control .

As far as I know Russia has areal control. I doubt Ukraine has any meaningful counter measures against Russian air force.
Given that Ukraine had Russian aircraft.
That being said since the reporting from Ukraine conflict is so abysmal I refrain from saying what I think as that is pure conjecture.
Few leopards though are hardly going to sway the tide of darkness in any major way.

German Tiger tanks were top tech in world war two, but they were expensive and despite their firing power and good armor they often could not match maneuvering abilities of lighter tanks. Other problems is that cheap T34 Soviet tanks overwhelmed Germans by sheer count. As I pointed out in another thread war is not simple as paper statistics.
3 units of russian cheap tanks will out gun one unit of leopard tank any time of the day. And that is the problem.
I am not military experts, and I have no idea how well trained the Ukraine soldiers are nor how good the Russian tank crews are, but my guess is as war progresses both sides will get better at fighting each other.
Same way it happens in all wars.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

04 Feb 2023, 10:02 pm

Quote:
Could this man replace Putin? Hear Russian journalist's answer
CNN
14.7M subscribers
332,668 views Feb 4, 2023 #CNN #News
Yevgeny Prigozhin, who leads a major mercenary force fighting in Ukraine called the Wagner Group, is rising in power, but could he replace Russian President Vladimir Putin? Russian investigative journalist Mikhail Zygar discusses with CNN's Erin Burnett. #CNN #News

Wagner makes up around 15% of the Russian army now.

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2023, 11:17 am

Using Mercs to get around rules of Warfare ,( ie. Geneva Convention ) Corporate military entities do not have use any morals in their Warfare , and "Corporations" have """No"""committment to any resposibilities, to anyone.
How many Corporations are in jail for War crimes.? 8O

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2023, 7:04 pm

Jakki wrote:
Using Mercs to get around rules of Warfare ,( ie. Geneva Convention ) Corporate military entities do not have use any morals in their Warfare , and "Corporations" have """No"""committment to any resposibilities, to anyone.
How many Corporations are in jail for War crimes.? 8O

It has been reported that the Wagner Group sends their prisoner recruits to get slaughtered to wear down the Ukrainians and then use their mercenaries.
As a result, word has gotten back to prisoners who are now more reluctant to join.

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2023, 7:18 pm

Crimininality at higher levels , getting down to the lowest levels where common sense might be more important to human life..? :|

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2023, 9:39 pm

Quote:
19:09 / 24:33
Russia Embraces Stalin as Losses Continue
Jake Broe
311K subscribers
27,323 views Feb 6, 2023 #Ukraine #Russia #NATO
The United States announced their latest $2+ billion assistance package to Ukraine and the Ground Launched Small Diameter B***s (GLSDB) have finally been announced. Russia also more and more is glorifying Stalin and their own Soviet history in which they controlled a vast empire across Asia and Europe. In the year of 2022, George Orwell's 1984 was also the most read fiction book in Russia and ordinary Russians are facing endless wars and a dystopian government.

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

06 Feb 2023, 4:34 am

^ You know the problem?
Orwellian dystopia worked in Stalin's Russia.

<not moderating PPR stuff concerning East Europe>

TenMinutes
Veteran
Veteran

06 Feb 2023, 5:20 am

Highlander852456 wrote:
As far as I know Russia has areal control.

They don’t. They are afraid to fly in Ukraine because they did not and cannot destroy Ukraine’s aerial defenses.

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

06 Feb 2023, 7:54 am

Am pretty sure Russias tech level stepped up to have Aerial defense systems of their own.??. .. Which begs the question,perhaps, Is the land war the final alternative . . . . :skull: . Its gonna be bloody i fear .Not that it hasn't alreeady . Tiny poly carbonate drones .That do not show on radar ,EM scattering equipment . Making signals hard to detect, then setting up RF signal decoys for incoming missile that track signals ,Using Mercenaries so to be able to deny responsiblitity for War Crimes, (Wagner group). 8O No rules of War .Generally Corporate Warfighters have access to best and even experimental equipment. But am still on the side of the leopard tanks . Mobile Artillery designed to be tanks . Gonna be a hard one to beat, i feel ? :nerdy:
Still ! imagine Snipers equipped with Javelin man carried missile launchers. Make quick work of any tank . :(

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2023, 6:03 am

Quote:
Corruption Scandal Rocks the Ukrainian Military
Jake Broe
312K subscribers
144,127 views Feb 8, 2023 #Ukraine #Russia #NATO
Ukraine's Minister of Defense is resigning after a corruption scandal involving one of his deputies was exposed by the media. Ukraine is a democratic country now and will hold members of its government and military accountable for corruption. Every democratic country in the world has to deal with fraud, waste, abuse, and corruption scandals in their governments and militaries.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2023, 6:05 am

TenMinutes wrote:
Highlander852456 wrote:

They don’t. They are afraid to fly in Ukraine because they did not and cannot destroy Ukraine’s aerial defenses.

This is my understanding.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2023, 6:40 am

Quote:
Wagner Assault Units BREAKTHROUGH North of Bakhmut
HistoryLegends
238K subscribers
199,746 views Feb 8, 2023 #historylegends #ukrainewar
The battle of attrition over Bakhmut continues as Zelensky ordered the city to be defended at all cost. Russian forces are encircling the Ukrainian Army, and now control 2 out of 3 supply roads left for the Bakhmut garrison. Meanwhile, Wagner units are tightening their grip on the East bank of the Bakhmutka river. There are rumors that the best Ukrainian formations are being withdrawn from the cauldron.

Highlander852456
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

08 Feb 2023, 11:11 am

TenMinutes wrote:
Highlander852456 wrote:

I know Ukraine has air defense systems.
But Russia only needs to control the parts where they are actually fighting or trying to advance.
Its clear Russia is not aiming to capture all of Ukraine.

Other problem is lots of news sound like adolescent cheer-leading, wishful thinking and some sort of anti Russky propaganda.
I am not interested any of that. Most times we are not getting objective news from the front if any.
We are also getting very little news.
My impression part of not getting news is that news ground teams would be exposed in battle and die, so the news we are getting are from Ukraine military which is inherently biased. They have been caught lying several times before, and while I don't support Russian invasion Ukrainians are about as honest as Russians.

Mikah
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2023, 1:33 pm

Seymour Hersh reports that the Nord Stream bombing was an American covert operation. He is not a nobody and this would be a big deal in a sane world. In the old days this would have taken years if not decades to come to light.

https://seymourhersh.substack.com/p/how ... ord-stream
https://archive.is/MrAbk

The Norwegians were key to solving other hurdles. The Russian navy was known to possess surveillance technology capable of spotting, and triggering, underwater mines. The American explosive devices needed to be camouflaged in a way that would make them appear to the Russian system as part of the natural background—something that required adapting to the specific salinity of the water. The Norwegians had a fix.

The Norwegians also had a solution to the crucial question of when the operation should take place. Every June, for the past 21 years, the American Sixth Fleet, whose flagship is based in Gaeta, Italy, south of Rome, has sponsored a major NATO exercise in the Baltic Sea involving scores of allied ships throughout the region. The current exercise, held in June, would be known as Baltic Operations 22, or BALTOPS 22. The Norwegians proposed this would be the ideal cover to plant the mines.

The Americans provided one vital element: they convinced the Sixth Fleet planners to add a research and development exercise to the program. The exercise, as made public by the Navy, involved the Sixth Fleet in collaboration with the Navy’s “research and warfare centers.” The at-sea event would be held off the coast of Bornholm Island and involve NATO teams of divers planting mines, with competing teams using the latest underwater technology to find and destroy them.