Nobody interested in the Russia-Ukraine conflict?

Page 124 of 195 [ 3108 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 121, 122, 123, 124, 125, 126, 127 ... 195  Next

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

12 Nov 2022, 4:37 am

magz wrote:

And the Russians left so much ammunition behind.
This is so weird.
Why such a ramshackled retreat?

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

12 Nov 2022, 5:31 am

Quote:
A third wrote: “Kherson right now - a picture Vladimir Putin said would never happen. It’s his third major defeat in this war - Kyiv, Kharkiv and now Kherson. At the end, he will lose the Kremlin as well.”

https://www.skynews.com.au/world-news/k ... erallPos=5

"KKK"
"Interesting"... :mrgreen:

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

12 Nov 2022, 6:24 am

Pepe wrote:
Quote:
A third wrote: “Kherson right now - a picture Vladimir Putin said would never happen. It’s his third major defeat in this war - Kyiv, Kharkiv and now Kherson. At the end, he will lose the Kremlin as well.”

"KKK"

For some reason, many cities in Ukraine start with K or X (transliterated to Kh in English). And half of villages are called Mykolayivka :D

Here, Sky News reporter on outskirts of Kherson:
https://twitter.com/SkyNews/status/1591358914255257602

Plenty of pictures like that :heart:

<not moderating PPR stuff concerning East Europe>

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

12 Nov 2022, 6:27 am

Pepe wrote:
magz wrote:

And the Russians left so much ammunition behind.
This is so weird.
Why such a ramshackled retreat?

Have they? They certainly did it in Izyum, I haven't heard about it in Kherson so far. I believe they retreated because they couldn't keep supplying ammo and other things to the huge army they kept on the right bank. That was the Ukrainian plan since August - strangle this army by cutting off their supply routes.

It's a well-known fact that Russinas struggle with communication and discipline, though. So far, I know they left a helicopter behind.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

12 Nov 2022, 11:06 am

Yep. Many “Ks” in Slavic languages….certainly nothing to do with the 3Ks within a US context.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

12 Nov 2022, 4:33 pm

Bought myself a Ukrainian product recently. Not super war related, but noticed where it's assembled and feels good to support a company from there. Supposed to be the best on the market - a Cardo Packtalk Edge motorcycle helmet comms radio.. but damn learning how to set the thing up & install it is like going to war. :lol: Supposed to be simple, but so far it's anything but.. printed instructions are missing basic info I had to google - like how to charge the battery. And then using it seems complicated as there are ~a dozen different button press combinations to memorize by feel to perform various functions. There's voice command options but I've never even really used siri or alexa or any of that crap soooo dunno how that'll be for me tbh. I tried siri once but apple doesn't let you use it with google maps, the only useful function, so I said to hell with this and never used it again. Cardo has their own GPS so it's own voice commands for it I think.

I know it's NOTHING compared to actual war, obvi, but this is quite the battle to figure out some new tech toy that's Supposed to simplify things but is incredibly complicated to figure out at first. Oh well, apparently it's the best available on the market right now and worth learning how to use. Just wish it was something I could learn and do in minutes vs. spending hours and hours figuring it out. First world problems.

DeathFlowerKing
Veteran
Veteran

12 Nov 2022, 9:30 pm

After Christmas is over I hope to order one of these handcarved pagan statues made in Ukraine to support the country.

I have my sights on a statue of Inanna, the Mesopotamian Goddess of Love and War.

She could represent a star of hope in these dark times.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

12 Nov 2022, 10:31 pm

magz wrote:
Pepe wrote:
Quote:

"KKK"

For some reason, many cities in Ukraine start with K or X (transliterated to Kh in English). And half of villages are called Mykolayivka :D

Here, Sky News reporter on outskirts of Kherson:
https://twitter.com/SkyNews/status/1591358914255257602

Plenty of pictures like that :heart:

:thumright:

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

15 Nov 2022, 4:59 am

Quote:
Update from Ukraine | Ukrainian Army crossed the river in Kherson | Zelenskiy has balls of steel
Denys Davydov

703K views 11 hours ago

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

15 Nov 2022, 5:23 am

^Still unconfirmed (even the speaker stresses it) and it might be just some hit-and-retreat actions.

Yes, Zelensky visited Kherson 3 days after its liberation, joking that "he just wanted a watermelon" (Kherson area is famous for producing watermelons and tomatos). He said that "everyone is taking risks, soldiers, journalists, so he does, too". It's worth noting that when Zelensky was just a regular comedian, he performed at frontlines of Donbas conflict... an experience not many leaders have.

Dnipro is a good line for stabilising the frontline and turn attention elsewhere, so I'd be surprised if Ukrainians pushed beyond it - unless it's an opportunistic action, similar to the counter-offensive around Kharkiv: finding out Russian forces in the area are laughable and taking a quick action. Otherwise, I think it's just a hit-and-retreat to force Russians to leave considerable forces defending the bank instead of attacking Bakhmut.

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

15 Nov 2022, 7:24 am

Wolski again:
https://twitter.com/wolski_jaros/status ... 4907323392

In his opinion, those reported Ukrainian forces on the left bank are not a part of a big counter-offensive but special forces scouting for artillery targets.

That would make sense.

Another option would be a big counter-attack here, especially if Russian defense is poor. I think these special forces are there to evaluate it.

Pros of a counter-attack on the left bank:
+ control over important infrastructure like Kakhovka dam and electric plant;
+ engaging considerable Russian forces at the new frontline;
+ ability to hit targets on Crimea.
Cons:
- engaging considerable Ukrainian forces;
- risk of heavy losses;
- possible difficulties with logistics, analogous to what defeated Russians on the West bank.

I would guess they're evaluating it right now, using intelligence data I have no chance of having :)

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

15 Nov 2022, 12:59 pm

Russian army lose militarily so what they do? Massive strikes on cities and power grid.
Cowardly terrorists.

Reminder: I don't moderate here. It's too close to me.

DeathFlowerKing
Veteran
Veteran

15 Nov 2022, 4:08 pm

At this point it seems like World War 3 is pretty much inevitable. :|

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

16 Nov 2022, 3:11 am

magz wrote:
Russian army lose militarily so what they do? Massive strikes on cities and power grid.
Cowardly terrorists.

Reminder: I don't moderate here. It's too close to me.

One of the new anti air/rocket systems is very effective.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

16 Nov 2022, 3:16 am

News break:

The missile that hit Poland has been identified as a Ukrainian anti-rocket missile that was attempting to down a Russian weapon.

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

16 Nov 2022, 3:18 am

We have to do what we can to prevent WWIII.

The response to the Przewodów incident should not be dragging all the NATO to the war - but it also should not be weak or else it would encourage more carelessnes or even intentionally repeating the incident.

A delicate moment, right now.