Nobody interested in the Russia-Ukraine conflict?

Page 143 of 196 [ 3123 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 140, 141, 142, 143, 144, 145, 146 ... 196  Next

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

29 Jan 2023, 5:43 am

Lol, you wish these flashy headlines weren't complete manipulations... but they are. There's no possibility at all at the moment to siege Crimea. Not nearly enough resources.

<not moderating PPR stuff concerning East Europe>

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2023, 5:42 pm

magz wrote:
Lol, you wish these flashy headlines weren't complete manipulations... but they are. There's no possibility at all at the moment to siege Crimea. Not nearly enough resources.

Sometimes you have to look past the headlines to get informative, errr, information. ;)
Did you watch the vid?

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

30 Jan 2023, 4:18 am

Pepe wrote:
magz wrote:

Sometimes you have to look past the headlines to get informative, errr, information. ;)
Did you watch the vid?

No, I was repulsed by the obviously manipulative headline.
I read the summary and it did not hint on justifying the headline in any way, instead, it talked about things I already knew.

I use several sources of information of various profiles to get possibly large picture, including to know how much
I need to accept as "unknown for laypeople" for the time being.
English-speaking videos are not a form my brain prefers.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2023, 10:12 pm

Biden says U.S. won't be providing F-16s to Ukraine

Quote:
President Joe Biden said Monday that the U.S. won't be providing F-16 fighter jets to Ukraine, appearing to reject a key request from the country as it fends off Russian aggression.

Kyiv has made it clear it would like to have fighter jets such as the F-16s, a hope renewed by the U.S. announcing last week the approval of the transfer of M1 Abrams fighter tanks. Yuriy Sak, an adviser to Ukraine's defense minister, told CNBC last week, "We will get F-16s."

But Mr. Biden threw cold water on that idea Monday. Asked on the White House South Lawn if the U.S. would provide F-16 fighter jets to Ukraine, he said, "No."

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2023, 11:26 pm

Quote:
Update from Ukraine | Biden Says NO to F-16 Jets supply for Ukraine | Ruzzia celebrates too early
Denys Davydov
572K subscribers
136K views 3 hours ago

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2023, 11:28 pm

ASPartOfMe wrote:
Biden says U.S. won't be providing F-16s to Ukraine
Quote:
President Joe Biden said Monday that the U.S. won't be providing F-16 fighter jets to Ukraine, appearing to reject a key request from the country as it fends off Russian aggression.

Kyiv has made it clear it would like to have fighter jets such as the F-16s, a hope renewed by the U.S. announcing last week the approval of the transfer of M1 Abrams fighter tanks. Yuriy Sak, an adviser to Ukraine's defense minister, told CNBC last week, "We will get F-16s."

But Mr. Biden threw cold water on that idea Monday. Asked on the White House South Lawn if the U.S. would provide F-16 fighter jets to Ukraine, he said, "No."

But he will be providing F-16 to European countries...who WILL supply Ukraine. 8)

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2023, 11:30 pm

magz wrote:
Pepe wrote:
magz wrote:

Did you watch the vid?

No, I was repulsed by the obviously manipulative headline.
I read the summary and it did not hint on justifying the headline in any way, instead, it talked about things I already knew.

I use several sources of information of various profiles to get possibly large picture, including to know how much
I need to accept as "unknown for laypeople" for the time being.
English-speaking videos are not a form my brain prefers.

Have you heard of the expression:
"You can't judge a book by its cover"?

There were some relevant points in that video that I may point out if I review the video again.

BTW, I thought you would have more respect for my critical thinking skill by now. 8)

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2023, 11:49 pm

magz wrote:

The heading/title was essentially "click bait", but the content included the following:
* Superiority of the western tanks.
*The inexperience of the Russian recruits giving away their position.
*Ukraine intelligence picking up Russian posts on the internet to pinpoint the position of Russian troops.
*This resulted in an estimated 600 Russian conscripts dead.
*Russian propaganda trying to put a positive spin on the devastating loss of life.
*Western support is far too slow...Hello???
*Second World War ammunition usage quantity
*This will probably be a long war.

ironpony
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2023, 11:53 pm

Well as far as the notion goes that this war will bleed Russia dry, Russia was able to afford an invasion on Afghanstan for years and they still functioned as a nation long after they lost that one, so will it bleed them dry, when comparing to that?

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jan 2023, 12:20 am

ironpony wrote:
Well as far as the notion goes that this war will bleed Russia dry, Russia was able to afford an invasion on Afghanstan for years and they still functioned as a nation long after they lost that one, so will it bleed them dry, when comparing to that?

You are forgetting the massive sanctions against Russia these days.
I wouldn't be surprised if the Russian Federation collapses in the future as a result of pootin's war. 8)

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

31 Jan 2023, 1:54 am

Afghan war lasted 10 years but it triggered collapse of USSR and a couple of decades when former "satellites" could safely join the West.
From the point of view of here, it made a hell of a difference.

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

31 Jan 2023, 2:00 am

Pepe wrote:
magz wrote:

The heading/title was essentially "click bait", but the content included the following:
most of which will appear in the summer at best
Pepe wrote:
countered by strict discipline enforced by Gerasimov since he took charge
Pepe wrote:
*Ukraine intelligence picking up Russian posts on the internet to pinpoint the position of Russian troops.
That's been happening since the very onset of this war
Pepe wrote:
Typical daily loss nowadays.
Pepe wrote:
*Russian propaganda trying to put a positive spin on the devastating loss of life.
All the time.
Pepe wrote:
Definitely.
Pepe wrote:
Do you mean using ammo in quantities like in WWII or do you mean someone using WWII ammo?
Pepe wrote:
We'll see.

carlos55
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jan 2023, 2:08 am

Not sure how fighter jets can be delivered.

Unlike tanks they require proper airfields and bases which of course are under Russian missile attack.

If they use Polish or western airfields the act of bombing forces from your own country is an act of war in everyone’s book

- George Bernie Shaw

r00tb33r
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jan 2023, 2:16 am

Pilots take years to train on a type. This is a pipe dream.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jan 2023, 2:19 am

magz wrote:
Pepe wrote:
magz wrote:

most of which will appear in the summer at best
Pepe wrote:
countered by strict discipline enforced by Gerasimov since he took charge
Pepe wrote:
That's been happening since the very onset of this war
Pepe wrote:
Typical daily loss nowadays.
Pepe wrote:
All the time.
Pepe wrote:
Definitely.
Pepe wrote:
Do you mean using ammo in quantities like in WWII or do you mean someone using WWII ammo?
Pepe wrote:
We'll see.

What is your problem? :scratch:

He was talking about the quantity of the number of shells/ammunition used.

Last edited by Pepe on 31 Jan 2023, 3:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

31 Jan 2023, 2:37 am

That I don't like to listen to English-speaking podcasts and you did not convince me to make an exception for this one.