I have covid but will my work not like it?

Page 1 of 1 [ 13 posts ] 

ironpony
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2022, 9:51 pm

I was told to stay isolated for five days according to policy. It's been three days so far, but I feel like crap and I don't think I am getting better in just two days. I think it's going to last quite a bit longer based on how I feel now, but will it look bad if I take more than five sick days off, even if I test negative on the fifth day, but still feel like crap? What do you think?

Thanks for any advice on this. I really appreciate it.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2022, 11:54 pm

You stay off work until you feel better, completely better.
Unfortunately for some people that takes a very long time.
This is why Covid is so disruptive for people and the economy.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2022, 2:29 am

When I had COVID, it took me 3 weeks to fully recover. But I wasn’t vaccinated, since no vaccine was developed in March, 2020.

ironpony
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2022, 12:37 pm

Oh okay. I am double vaxxed but it seems to have hit me quite hard still.

Double Retired
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2022, 12:50 pm

I suspect "stay isolated for five days" is if you have no symptoms.

If you have symptoms, things would seem to be different.

Sigh. Now I'm imagining someone in ICU demanding to be disconnected from the life support equipment because their employer says they have to come back to work now!

I hope you recover well and soon.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2022, 2:51 pm

I hope you’re feeling better today.

aspiemike
Veteran
Veteran

27 Feb 2022, 12:27 pm

Depending on workplace policy, you could be expected to provide medical documentation of some sort. This could include proof of testing. I have heard of some businesses using Attendance Management regardless of Covid anyway. If your workplace has an Attendance Program of some sort, you might want to play by those rules as well.

ironpony
Veteran
Veteran

03 Mar 2022, 1:33 am

Oh okay thanks. Well as far as providing medical documentation goes, I have the covid tests, if those count? But I cannot go to the doctor, if I am suppose to isolate though.

hmk66
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

03 Mar 2022, 10:10 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
When I had COVID, it took me 3 weeks to fully recover. But I wasn’t vaccinated, since no vaccine was developed in March, 2020.

I had COVID about 2 weeks ago. I wasn't vaccinated, but I had very mild symptoms: fatigue and short of breath after doing something. No other symptoms; I didn't feel really ill. After about 3 days, I felt better. The quarantine rule is 5 days, and then wait until all symptoms disappeared. In those days I was gaming and watching YouTube videos. I didn't even take paracetamol; I just didn't feel sick enough.

In the last two years I have been ill twice before corona. That was't corona, but I had a cold and felt more terrible. I was in bed with a strong headache. In both cases PCR test, but the results were negative: no corona.

ironpony
Veteran
Veteran

03 Mar 2022, 8:54 pm

Me and my gf both got covid and we are both vaccinated, do it makes me wonder how good the vaccine actually is to make a difference.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

03 Mar 2022, 9:15 pm

Vaccinations tend to protect people from more severe disease.

adoylelb90815
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

26 Mar 2022, 7:46 pm

For those asking about vaccines, they mostly keep you out of the ICU and on a ventilator, and if you've had the booster and still get a breakthrough infection, it's more like a cold. For me, that was the main reason I got vaccinated as soon as I was eligible, and did the same thing with getting the booster.

My job is one of those that wouldn't let you back without proof of vaccination, and recently, they asked for proof of having the booster as well, if you wanted to be able to work without a mask. Even then, I'm still wearing a mask despite being vaxxed and boosted because everyone who was working from home is now back in the office at least 3 days a week.

Mona Pereth
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2022, 4:01 am

ironpony, how are you doing now? (It's now 5 weeks after you began this thread.)