Page 18 of 60 [ 952 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21 ... 60  Next

Where_am_I
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2022, 11:02 am

Hot weather.

Moody people.

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2022, 11:34 am

Precious lil "people" that act like every time they are not happy someone must have violated their "rights"

Getting asked "why?" To justify anything I do that they don't like

My slave plantation allows day laborers to loiter in the parking lot every day and they scream things at me and they laugh when I almost get hit by a car

Cracks in the sidewalk are easy to trip on

Public transportation delays

Radish
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2022, 2:20 pm

Trash on facebook. I only go on there a minute or two a day but facebook tries to entice me to stay by putting suggested "trash" in my feed then trashy "reels". So I stick around on there even less or for a shorter time. The video's section is 99% garbage too. Why not just rename Facebook as Faeces-book?

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2022, 3:08 pm

I know I've mentioned this in this thread already...but when people answer a rhetorical question. Like if I say "ooh, do they do baked potatoes in this restaurant?" even though I know me and my boyfriend have never been to this particular restaurant before, and my boyfriend answers "I don't know, how do I know?" I know he doesn't know, it was just another way of saying "oh, I really fancy a baked potato right now". When asking a rhetorical question like that you're supposed to answer in an agreeable tone. Like:-

What I say: I wonder what food they do here? Do they do baked potatoes?
What I mean: I really fancy a baked potato and I hope they do them here

What the appropriate reply should be: I don't know
What it means (in the tone it is said): Oh that's nice you want a baked potato, hopefully they do them

Social interaction is not rocket science. Do I really need to teach NTs about reading between the lines?

Oh, and before the predictable reply comes, I'll just add that another pet peeve of mine is when other Aspies go "it's not the NTs misunderstanding you, it's you saying things at the wrong time in the wrong tone of voice". Just, just don't, OK? I've been with my boyfriend 8 years, and I don't have a speech deficit, and just because I'm on this spectrum it doesn't mean I speak in monotone, and lastly, when's the "right" time to discuss what meal you fancy when entering a restaurant? It's not like we're in the middle of a funeral and I suddenly jump up and go "oh, will they have my favourite food at the wake?" Now that would be an inappropriate time.

Social interaction is obvious and is not that precise or black and white.

temp1234
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2022, 4:39 pm

Those autistic people that complain about "NTs" and yet behave in the same way as those "NTs" that they complain about. They make me wonder if autistic and non-autistic people are actually the same after all, which in turn makes me wonder if autism really exists. Maybe autism is just an imagination. Those that deny the existence of autism are probably right after all. Then, are we fooling ourselves on WP?

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2022, 4:44 pm

temp1234 wrote:
Those autistic people that complain about "NTs" and yet behave in the same way as those "NTs" that they complain about. They make me wonder if autistic and non-autistic people are actually the same after all, which in turn makes me wonder if autism really exists. Maybe autism is just an imagination. Those that deny the existence of autism are probably right after all. Then, are we fooling ourselves on WP?

That's exactly what I think. Maybe everyone's autistic underneath but the "neurotypicals" are just better skilled at hiding it and learning to live with it. It's what I'm beginning to think. And whether it's true or not, it's quite comforting to see it that way...wait, shouldn't we start a new thread on this? :wink:

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2022, 10:44 am

When good threads like this die off suddenly.

When someone calls you, the phone stops ringing the moment you get to it, you call back literally 1 second later but they don't pick up (I'm talking about close people you trust who you know wouldn't not answer because you didn't answer).

The Moonpig advert.

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2022, 11:08 am

Sarah Huckabee Sanders political ads for Governor.
Please, if there is a God, spare us from her.

temp1234
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2022, 11:45 am

Waking up and thinking it's 6am, and then realizing it's actually 6pm. 12 hours wasted... And yet magically being able to fall asleep again.

A tradesperson that purposely ignores my request for the invoice for the work they've done. Why the hel:!: do they refuse to be paid?

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2022, 12:52 pm

When online restaurants advertise as "contact free", "no contact" and all that jargon, but they ring your doorbell and stand there waiting for you even when you write "Leave food at the door -- Please no doorbell" etc., in the comment box.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2022, 1:07 pm

IsabellaLinton wrote:
Where do you get pink lemons? ^

I must confess that I have...never thought about that before! 8O

So now...I will be tossing and turning all night wondering ... "where they get pink lemonade from.".

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2022, 1:10 pm

One of my earliest memories was having tea with my grandmother, outside on a fancy chair.
She served me pink lemonade and I didn't want to drink it because it didn't make sense.
I was about four.

KimD
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2022, 7:27 pm

Sloppy coworkers who compliment me on how well I organize our shared workspace but then fail to do even the smallest things to help keep it organized. Sometimes I'd swear that they're actually going out of their way to lose stuff or make it harder for someone else to find. Stop thanking me and admit that you just don't give a frack!

Professional writers and editors who clearly don't do their jobs--revealed through blazingly obvious errors like incorrect verb tenses, pluralization flubs, elementary punctuation fumbles, truncated words, etc. Why are they getting paid?!

Where_am_I
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2022, 3:12 pm

The lovely women on wrong planet NOT posting on tug of war :evil: :x

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2022, 4:33 pm

IsabellaLinton wrote:
One of my earliest memories was having tea with my grandmother, outside on a fancy chair.
She served me pink lemonade and I didn't want to drink it because it didn't make sense.
I was about four.

When I was a fully grown middle aged adult I would discuss politics with mom, during the early 2000s. And would refer to WH Bush as "the elder Bush", to distinquish him from W whom I called "the younger Bush".

Mom would tell me not to call WH that because "where do you think they get elder berries from?".

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2022, 4:44 pm

naturalplastic wrote:
IsabellaLinton wrote:
I was about four.

When I was a fully grown middle aged adult I would discuss politics with mom, during the early 2000s. And would refer to WH Bush as "the elder Bush", to distinquish him from W whom I called "the younger Bush".

Mom would tell me not to call WH that because "where do you think they get elder berries from?".

LMAO.

I still get excited when I see "WH" (White House) written on a TV news report.
I always think it means Wuthering Heights. :P :roll: :oops: