Page 47 of 60 [ 952 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50 ... 60  Next

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

25 Dec 2022, 11:07 pm

I can't even wear it when I'm awake because of the elastic. ^

I sleep with my arms up over my head so they're not covered by blankets.
I need long sleeves or my arms freeze (currently close to -20 degrees.)
My bedroom is particularly freezing.

I wish they sold arm warmers.
Minus elastic of course. ^

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

26 Dec 2022, 2:32 pm

When people abbreviate the name of a disorder or medical condition and don't say what it is, just "does anyone have STTP?" or something like that.

But hypocritically it's also a pet peeve when I use quite a common/obvious abbreviated disorder or medical condition and people post "what is that?"

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

27 Dec 2022, 6:57 am

The Simpsons couch gags in the newer series that go on and on.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

27 Dec 2022, 3:53 pm

The entertainment industry is constantly remaking things & then they have the nerve to contact someone's internet provider & threaten them with disconnection when a person pirates their stuff because the person is violating copyright infringement laws. Talk about blatant hypocrisy. Lots of songs sound like other songs, lots of shows have the same plots & themes. I cant keep track of how many times the Spiderman movie has been redone, yet I'd be the one committing copyright infringement by DLing any of those movies on a file-sharing site or using a program to record the movie from a streaming service. The entertainment industry needs to do something original for a change if they have such a huge a problem with copyright infringement.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

Cornflake
Administrator
Administrator

27 Dec 2022, 5:55 pm

Drivers at night who when stopped (traffic lights, junction, whatever), have no idea what a handbrake is for. Instead, they keep their foot on the brake pedal and guarantee I have an array of very bright red brake lights shining in my face.
Gimme a break - stop, put the handbrake on, relax.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

27 Dec 2022, 6:26 pm

When you ask a question on Facebook or internet forum and someone answers with ''haven't you heard of Google?''
Yes, I have, but A, I wanted to ask in person so that I can get more precise answers rather than a blanket answer, B, I'm social and I wanted to discuss as well, and C, Google is crap.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

27 Dec 2022, 7:02 pm

We went to a bakery to order a birthday cake for pickup later in the week.

Turns out they don't actually bake their cakes.
They're all shipped to the shop, then frozen in a freezer.
They wanted me to take it now and put it in my own freezer.

I said "I thought you were a bakery? You're a thaw-ery .... "

They didn't like that very much.

No I didn't buy it.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2022, 4:55 am

when monophonic versions of stereo originals are released instead of the stereo versions.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2022, 12:45 pm

When people add in too much information in a Google result like they think they're doing a professional presentation or something.
For example, once I was finding out about how to plant certain flowers, and I found the result I wanted on Google, but it started off with ''First off, what are flowers?'' I know exactly what flowers are, just get to the bloody point! I had to keep scrolling down to find the information I wanted.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2022, 1:20 pm

Same but with recipes. ^

OMG I don’t want to read their life story or all about their grandmother for ten paragraphs before scrolling through 35 steps of how to make the thing, plus ads, before they finally give you a list of shopping ingredients and amounts needed, about 4 metres down the post but never at the very end … because that might make it easier to find too.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2022, 1:32 pm

IsabellaLinton wrote:
Same but with recipes. ^

OMG I don’t want to read their life story or all about their grandmother for ten paragraphs before scrolling through 35 steps of how to make the thing, plus ads, before they finally give you a list of shopping ingredients and amounts needed, about 4 metres down the post but never at the very end … because that might make it easier to find too.

First of all, what is food?
(Joke) :lol:

It's worse on YouTube when they gabble on and on about not forgetting to hit the subscribe button. I hate getting notifications from anything except text/email/Facebook messages from friends, family, services that I applied for, etc. If I like a YouTube video then I'll watch it, and if I wanted to then I'd subscribe. If I wanted to. I don't need to be reminded and bombarded with information on how to follow them on Twitter and everywhere else. I mean, when you're in a clothes store and a nice shirt catches your eye, you don't have a member of staff coming up to you and going "if you like this shirt, don't forget to buy it!" do you? You'll buy it if you like it and want (and can afford it), and you're not exactly going to walk out the store and go "oh s**t I forgot to buy that shirt that I really liked and was admiring, oh why didn't someone bombard me with reminders to buy it?".

Aspiegaming
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2022, 4:33 pm

When my dad drinks so much, he can't remember how to spell basic words. Just earlier, he wanted me to help him spell the word BORED so he could text it.

He's currently on physical rehabilitation due to the knee surgery he had before Christmas.

If my darkness or eccentricness offends you, I don't really care.

I will not apologize for being me.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2022, 6:01 pm

that trumpy is going to get off scot-free one way or another.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

31 Dec 2022, 11:13 am

Lots of people who are smart & hard workers are majorly struggling to find employment these days but so many lazy morons seem to have no problems at all getting hired for all the jobs. Plenty of people these days have jobs they are incompetent at or they just don't give one $hit about doing their jobs right. I've had the misfortune of dealing lots of various horrible professionals throughout my life. Plenty of times I could do their jobs better than them if I had their jobs but I'm forced to deal with them because I need access to their products, services, or equipment. For example :arrow:
I need cable & internet access that works at night & when I report an outage Xfinity insists my equipment is faulty & they push me to rent equipment from them. My service comes back around 5 or 6 in the morning & when the cable guy comes a day or so later to troubleshoot, he says they were doing maintenance that night. Why the f#ck did Xfinity not know they were doing maintenance till after they completed it :roll: Lots of stores ripped me off by not giving me sale prices or charging more for other things & I had to fight with customer service to pay the prices I should have been charged. I order something online & what they send me is not right & I get the runaround when I try to get it straighten out. I really wish I was allowed to write my own medical prescriptions because I've been dismissed or misdiagnosed a lot. I do my own research & when I eventually find a doc who listens to me & prescribes me the meds I want, my conditions improve.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2023, 9:41 am

I get spam email from sites selling some kind of supplement but it's next to impossible to figure out what product they are selling & where to buy it on their sites. The sites goes on & on & on about how wonderful the product is but seem to have forgotten that they are supposed to be selling the product or telling me where I can buy that seemingly magical cure. This is also a horrible business strategy, promote a product but make it next to impossible for anyone to figure out where they can actually buy it.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jan 2023, 6:18 am

When someone starts blowing their nose while I'm eating. Please, go out of the room and do it.