Was this a nasty thing to say?

Page 8 of 8 [ 122 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 4 Feb 2014
Gender: Male
Posts: 82,618
Location: Queens, NYC

01 Mar 2022, 8:35 am

I'm proud if they're proud.....

I have nothing against beer bellies, per se. I just wouldn't want to get one.



auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Feb 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 109,998
Location: the island of defective toy santas

02 Mar 2022, 6:09 am

Jamesy wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
Jamesy wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:
You get a beer belly from beer—even if you don’t gain weight.



do you also get weight gain on the face to?

every drinker i've seen eventually gains weight even on their face. refined carbs will do that esp. if you displace micronutrients [from fresh veggies] in your diet. you can cut back.


I do a lot of waking during the week not sure if that's enough to burn calories from beer though? During lockdown a year ago when I was drinking less beer I go down to 159 pounds at my lowest

159 is much better, that tells me you can keep a healthier weight with enough will power. your body is your temple, love your temple, honor your temple.



auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Feb 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 109,998
Location: the island of defective toy santas

02 Mar 2022, 6:10 am

Jamesy wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:
It has nothing to do with "calories from beer."

It has to do with muscle wasting caused by drinking and not exercising. The rest of your body might be bone thin---but people who drink get beer bellies.

some men are proud of there beer bellies :lol:

you can, with just a little modification of your routine, be one of the few, the proud, the trim and fit. you can do it.



Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 24 Oct 2008
Age: 32
Gender: Male
Posts: 6,194
Location: Near London United Kingdom

02 Mar 2022, 6:29 am

auntblabby wrote:
Jamesy wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:
It has nothing to do with "calories from beer."

It has to do with muscle wasting caused by drinking and not exercising. The rest of your body might be bone thin---but people who drink get beer bellies.

some men are proud of there beer bellies :lol:

you can, with just a little modification of your routine, be one of the few, the proud, the trim and fit. you can do it.



so 159 is better than 170 for my weight?



auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Feb 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 109,998
Location: the island of defective toy santas

02 Mar 2022, 6:29 am

Jamesy wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
Jamesy wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:
It has nothing to do with "calories from beer."

It has to do with muscle wasting caused by drinking and not exercising. The rest of your body might be bone thin---but people who drink get beer bellies.

some men are proud of there beer bellies :lol:

you can, with just a little modification of your routine, be one of the few, the proud, the trim and fit. you can do it.



so 159 is better than 170 for my weight?

definitely better :wtg: how tall are you again, if you don't mind? your healthy weight range is from 133# to 163#, this is for 5'7' height, add 6 pounds if you're 5'8".



Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 24 Oct 2008
Age: 32
Gender: Male
Posts: 6,194
Location: Near London United Kingdom

02 Mar 2022, 6:37 am

auntblabby wrote:
Jamesy wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
Jamesy wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:
It has nothing to do with "calories from beer."

It has to do with muscle wasting caused by drinking and not exercising. The rest of your body might be bone thin---but people who drink get beer bellies.

some men are proud of there beer bellies :lol:

you can, with just a little modification of your routine, be one of the few, the proud, the trim and fit. you can do it.



so 159 is better than 170 for my weight?

definitely better :wtg: how tall are you again, if you don't mind? your healthy weight range is from 133# to 163#, this is for 5'7' height, add 6 pounds if you're 5'8".



I am 5'7 1/2



auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Feb 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 109,998
Location: the island of defective toy santas

02 Mar 2022, 6:47 am

Jamesy wrote:
I am 5'7 1/2

then you should not weigh more than 166 at the most. but ideally you should weigh less than that, just think of how much better you'll feel not having to haul extra weight around. imagine what it feels like to have to haul just 20 extra pounds around in a backpack, all day everywhere you go. that is a burden you can lift from yourself. in hot weather you won't sweat as much with less body fat. clothes fit a lot better. i learned this myself when i lost weight. i know i sound like a "broken record" but i speak with the zeal of the converted.



Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 24 Oct 2008
Age: 32
Gender: Male
Posts: 6,194
Location: Near London United Kingdom

02 Mar 2022, 6:56 am

auntblabby wrote:
Jamesy wrote:
I am 5'7 1/2

then you should not weigh more than 166 at the most. but ideally you should weigh less than that, just think of how much better you'll feel not having to haul extra weight around. imagine what it feels like to have to haul just 20 extra pounds around in a backpack, all day everywhere you go. that is a burden you can lift from yourself. in hot weather you won't sweat as much with less body fat. clothes fit a lot better. i learned this myself when i lost weight. i know i sound like a "broken record" but i speak with the zeal of the converted.




thanks for that info.

:) appreciate it



auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Feb 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 109,998
Location: the island of defective toy santas

02 Mar 2022, 6:58 am

prego and be well :)



Anomaly_76
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

User avatar

Joined: 25 Apr 2022
Age: 46
Gender: Male
Posts: 91
Location: Virginia, USA

29 Apr 2022, 4:33 pm

Meh... Some "jokes" have a way of going too far. I'm pretty sure OP drew the line in the sand, and the line was crossed when the undesired behavior was continued. I wouldn't consider someone purposely trying to embarrass me in front of a potential romantic interest to really be a friend. It's called c-ck-blocking, and it's not cool. When exactly did people start thinking they are the only ones who have boundaries? I might also add that if OP allows this 'friend' to continue their disrespect, the lady friend might lose respect for them as well.

No offense to the ladies here, but I've found that women rarely voice what they really want, preferring to chase jackasses who treat them poorly in the end "because they're fun", returning to cry on the shoulder of the guy they passed up for said jackasses. Been there, done that, won the consolation prize T-shirt, not quite as nice a guy anymore.

Food for thought, across my life, I've found that a great deal of NTs tend to low-key make fun of NDs (known or unknown) because we quite often don't realize at the time that is the aim, if we realize it at all. And that says a lot about NTs who hang around NDs just for that purpose. No one needs friends like that. NTs need to stop this ableistic BS of expecting us to "not be so sensitive". It's who we are.

For example. I've had to distance myself from someone I've known for 30+ years (we are both ND for different reasons) because they don't seem to recognize that changes in my condition mean changes in our time together. Example -- I've had an ongoing and progressively sharpening sensitivity / allergy to a plethora of airborne irritants. To illustrate, in 2017, I had to give up a career driving commercial trucks because I couldn't be within 100 feet of smoke of any kind, and it's only worsened since then.

More recently, sharpening of that sensitivity means that when we order out for food, I need him to pick it up so I can stay out of the line of fire, since smokers don't respect anyone around them when in public. Even though I always drive when we go to restaurants, he doesn't understand why I can't pick up our takeout orders, and complains about it.

Apart from that, he constantly falls asleep (has sleep apnea and refuses to do anything about it) or plays with his phone (hmm, wonder why his battery is always dying?) when we hang out and seems to have lost any concept of reciprocation in the friendship, as in he has no problem asking me to do him favors, but there always seems to be an issue when I need one. Also, he doesn't listen to me about charging his phone while he's sleeping, so his battery is constantly running low. Then he gets ridiculously angry that others don't answer his calls, when he doesn't answer theirs because his phone is turned off to charge. :roll:

I try to give him a pass, as he has a learning disability (part of the reason we crossed paths), but as his folks live nearby and own the house he lives in, he seems content to let them run his life and trash my presence in it. So I've found that it's better to just minimize contact. Since all these revelations, I pretty much wait until he calls me, and he comes to me. I don't go over there anymore.

Should OP try such a tactic, I would wait until mention is made by the other party -- "Hey, we don't see you anymore.", to which I would reply, "I figured you wanted to hang out with more attractive people." They should get the hint then, but if they don't, you'll know what the "friendship" was worth to them.


_________________
.
I don't know how to act my age, I've never been this old before. Which begs the question....
Since ASD means various parts of the brain stop developing at various ages...
Just how the hell am I supposed to know WHICH age to act, anyway? :lol: