The burden of unpaid work for biological women

Page 2 of 2 [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

03 Mar 2022, 10:41 pm

SharonB wrote:
Despite being the primary income earner, while female in a hetero partnership with children, I am disproportionately negatively impacted by this cultural bias. In many ways what's good for the goose is good for the gander, but many privileged or socialized geese don't abide by that. I very much look forward to when gender roles are relaxed --- for the betterment of all people.

I am glad biological females have become able to be primary earners... although I personally don't believe a majority of women want this, I strongly believe biological women should have the option to be powerful in business, without sexism being present as an obstruction.

Leahcar
Toucan
Toucan

15 Mar 2022, 3:17 pm

I don't understand why say "biological women". Why not just say "women"?

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2022, 3:28 pm

Leahcar wrote:
I don't understand why say "biological women".  Why not just say "women"?
I asked him that before, and he replied by saying gender identity is separate from biological sex.  He will not go so far as to claim that "non-biological" women do not have the "burden of unpaid work", but that seems to be what he is implying.

Mikah
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2022, 3:44 pm

Leahcar wrote:

Women are a social construct now.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2022, 3:56 pm

Mikah wrote:
Leahcar wrote:
Women are a social construct now.
That is another way to dehumanize women, thus making it easier to inflict misogyny upon them.

SharonB
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2022, 5:15 pm

blitzkrieg wrote:
...I am glad biological females have become able to be primary earners... although I personally don't believe a majority of women want this, I strongly believe biological women should have the option to be powerful in business, without sexism being present as an obstruction.

I'll take that further if I may: A person (man, woman, non-binary, bio or not etc.) should have the option to be powerful in whatever realms they choose (business, home, social, research, etc.) without sexism being present as an obstruction.