How can I recover deleted photos and videos on my laptop?

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Ashwer
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

28 Feb 2022, 1:28 pm

I need to recover deleted photos and videos on my laptop. How can I do it? Yesterday I mistakenly deleted several family photo and video folders. I googled a little and found 2 good programs: they are Easus and Partition Recovery. Can I use them or is there something better?

DeepHour
Veteran
Veteran

28 Feb 2022, 2:13 pm

Have a look at 'Recuva'. Very good for retrieving picture files, not sure about videos though.

Fenn
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2022, 8:11 pm

It will depend somewhat on if the same disk space has been used since then - and if it is a SSD or HDD. Hard disks often leave ghosts that a professional can get at if you are willing to pay. Even if they have been overwritten.
SSD are memory based. Don’t think the ghosts thing applies there.

DeepHour
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2022, 12:06 am

There's also a utility called 'Disk Drill' which I suspect may be more effective than Recuva. However, you're limited to recovering just 500 MB of data, unless you pay for the premium version. I also had the impression that it was more complicated to use.

Radish
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2022, 9:04 am

Most important thing is to stop using the computer until you get some data recovery software otherwise you risk overwriting your photos etc with other files and temp files. Just going on the internet will put many files onto your computer potentially permanently overwriting the data.