Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

ChloeBoe
Butterfly
Butterfly

01 Mar 2022, 3:12 am

I mostly play games on my own, but I'd like to find more people to play with to make it more enjoyable and as a way to implement social practice into my hobby, just curious if anyone would be interested in playing something on steam together or something like that. If so, DM me or let me know below what kind of games you're into.!

Aspiegaming
Veteran
Veteran

01 Mar 2022, 12:18 pm

I'm on Steam as Convenient Spider. Look for the Avatar featuring a drawing of a grumpy duck in a sailor cap trapped in a TV Screen. I share this Steam profile with my younger brother since we live in the same house.

Games I play are basically Co-op on First Person Shooters.
Games Include:
Serious Sam series. (Except 4 and Siberian Mayhem until I get a more powerful PC)
Borderlands Series (except 3 until I get a more powerful PC)
Quake (the updated version)
Left 4 Dead Series (Note: I HATE The Sacrifice)

I'm always on the lookout for new games.

If you like Death Match or Survival, here's what my brother plays if you want to get to know him as well:
Payday Series
Killing Floor Series
Team Fortress 2

Keep in mind that I may be busy recording games for my Let's Play channel some of the time.

If my darkness or eccentricness offends you, I don't really care.

I will not apologize for being me.

munstead
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2022, 11:53 am

I play games on Steam sometimes. The ones I have been playing a bit over the last few months have been Skyrim, Wingspan, Stardew Valley, Gloomhaven, X-Com 2, Master of Magic. Quite varied, but love RPG and strategy games. Struggle with fast-paced shooter things. I'd definitely welcome a gaming buddy as while I enjoy the games solo, it does sometimes get lonely. Having a voice connected via Discord, the few times I've done it has been really nice and comforting. Let me know if you'd ever fancy a gaming session. I'm not that fussy on the game TBH. Hope you're having a good day.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2022, 4:39 pm

Do you play rFactor? I'm mostly familiar with the different touring car mods and road racing but I'd be interested in trying pretty much any type of racing (rally, ovals, off-road, etc).

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2022, 8:02 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
Do you play rFactor? I'm mostly familiar with the different touring car mods and road racing but I'd be interested in trying pretty much any type of racing (rally, ovals, off-road, etc).

If there is no killing and plundering involved, what is the point of playing? :mrgreen:

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2022, 8:37 pm

Pepe wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:

If there is no killing and plundering involved, what is the point of playing? :mrgreen:

I think it's the same as people who get into flying sim airplanes. It's a vicarious replacement for something I can't afford to really do (well, we'll see about this summer...).

Some types of games are too low stimulus to keep my attention. If there's long, slow parts between the high stimulus parts I'm not going to remain interested. Social aspects don't really appeal to me either.

Racing is just high stimulus all the time and if you're hitting your marks consistently it's just like little hits of dopamine at every corner and if you've got someone ahead even better because it just feeds that chase instinct. I think it feeds my need for stimming in the same way some other people find grinding in those sorts of games will.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う