Are long distance relationships a good option?

Page 3 of 3 [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

AngelRho
Veteran
Veteran

10 Mar 2022, 7:08 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
It would have been lovely had I dated a woman with the name of Chloe. Most of the women I dated had "normal" names---like Jessica, Pamela, Theodora, Angela. Never had a Chloe or a Phoebe or a Gemma.

I've always liked these classical sorts of names.......

Stay away from my daughter. :lol:

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

10 Mar 2022, 7:11 pm

auntblabby wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
for me the most beautiful woman of all time was Stacey Williams (after my wife of course :wink: )

you're an exceptionally lucky man. :wtg:

luck and hard work :lol:

Mona Pereth
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2022, 5:08 pm

nick007 wrote:
I met both my exes & current girlfriend on online forums, the latter two were this one.

I'd appreciate it very much if you could tell us more here in this thread about how you found two of your partners here on WP.

nick007 wrote:
All 3 relationships were long distance until I moved in with my current girlfriend after 8 months. I struggled MAJORLY to get a romantic relationship & I was single & looking for 8 years straight after me & my 1st girlfriend broke up. I tried various things including trying to get dates offline, trying numerous dating sites, & asking friends & family to set me up & I never got so much as a single date. The forums were the only method that worked for me but I was posting about being single quite aLOT on this forum before I got my 2nd girlfriend.

Hmmm, that last sentence is counter-intuitive. I would expect most women to be put off by too many posts about being single. Approximately what percentage of your posts were about being single? Were you also posting on plenty of other topics too?

Redd_Kross
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2022, 8:14 pm

Fairly distant, low-key relationships work well for me, as I don't get overloaded. Or indeed overload myself by trying too hard.

However it's very rare to find anyone who is happy with a "part time" relationship as a permanent way of living.